Crazy: Would you trade D. Wade for D. Howard RIGHT NOW Straight up?

Options
woah316
woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
I would... Part of me almost says I'd trade lebron for em...

I'm sorry but, the heat do not need wade and Lebron on one team... Only way multiple superstars would work is if their play can compliment one another... Shaq / Kobe... Stockton Malone...

If wade has the ball, lebron dosent exist... If lebron has the ball, wade dosent exist... It's a wash pretty much.. It's stupid...

Howard is probably going to leave after next season... Wade is signed through 4 seasons.. I know it'd be ? up, but if you were the heat GM would you trade wade for Dwight howard? Either now or next year? I would.

Their defense is immediately upgraded enormously. Their post offense is upgraded.

Only downside is their wont be as many fast breaks, and the peremiter defense is downgraded... But to me the pros out weigh the cons...

Comments

• sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well regardless of the ? you would like to happen.... its not gonna happen and neither one is going anywhere anytime soon.
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? NO!!!...why would you trade the best Center in the NBA to get Wade and dramatically downsize the team even more!!???? There are many Elite gaurds...not too many Elite big men now
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    ? NO!!!...why would you trade the best Center in the NBA to get Wade and dramatically downsize the team even more!!???? There are many Elite gaurds...not too many Elite big men now

you looking at it from orlando's side then no, but as far as miami it would make sense
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i would trade wade for howard but i woudnt trade howard for wade
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    CO sign wade is not needed lebron is the mvp of that team they need a post presence + wade is soft as ? he will get injured when they need him most

p1.dwyane.wade.jpg

img13284246.jpg

Wade = ?

Exactly.

If i wuz riley i would move wade for howard without a shadow of doubt.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »

Exactly.............
  • cuttadc13
    edited February 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    you looking at it from orlando's side then no, but as far as miami it would make sense

lol yea ur right...it does say if i was Heat GM doesnt it..smh@ me automatically thinkin from my teams perspective... In that case, as Miami GM, I'd trade in a heart beat...Wade gets injured a lot
  • woah316
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For all of those saying why would the Magic trade Howard... The GENERAL CONSENSUS IS HE WILL NOT BE THERE AFTER NEXT SEASON...

Same reason Denver traded melo for role players... Same reason Utah traded deron Williams... TO GET SOMETHING FOR HIM...

In this case, Orlando would at least get a SUPERSTAR in return...

Which would you want, a superstar who sells tickets or a bunch of role players? Everyone you ask says Howard is leaving after next season, you can pretty much book it... I have no reason not to believe it...
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »

• cuttadc13
    edited February 2011
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    For all of those saying why would the Magic trade Howard... The GENERAL CONSENSUS IS HE WILL NOT BE THERE AFTER NEXT SEASON...

Same reason Denver traded melo for role players... Same reason Utah traded deron Williams... TO GET SOMETHING FOR HIM...

In this case, Orlando would at least get a SUPERSTAR in return...

Which would you want, a superstar who sells tickets or a bunch of role players? Everyone you ask says Howard is leaving after next season, you can pretty much book it... I have no reason not to believe it...

What general consensus??? the only place i've heard Howard "leaving" Orlando is on the IC, everywhere else says that its damn near unquestionable that he'll stay in Orlando
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Good Big men are rare in todays league....while Wade is a better player than Howard, it would make sense to trade for Howard since LeBrons already there esp if u factor in age differences
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you ? are stupid...most of u ? is thinking about the regular season, im thinking about the playoffs

and Wade is known to perform in the playoffs, ? can injure himself in regular season all he want, but when it comes to the playoffs that ? gets busy......

and wade carried a washed up shaq, and won that fat ? a ring

Lebron on the other hand is known to bytch up in playoff games and in clutch situations.......

and he couldn't carry a washed up shaq to the finals last year...... but he could carry them to a best record in the regular season.....lol

the reason why Lebron joined miami was to team up with wade, cause wade would be able to take some of the pressure off of him in certain situations..........

so to answer the threadstarter question........i would trade lebron for D-howard

Cause Wade and Howard >>>>>>>> Lebron and Howard

but to be honest Kobe Bryant and Howard >>>>>> Wade and Howard >>>>>>Lebron and howard

Kobe and Shaq >>>>>> Wade Shaq >>>>>>>> Lebron and shaq
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What general consensus??? the only place i've heard Howard "leaving" Orlando is on the IC, everywhere else says that its damn near unquestionable that he'll stay in Orlando

That could've been said about Shaq two years before he left Orlando too. They were the most talked about team in the league after they beat the Bulls in the playoffs (the year Jordan came back with the .45) and everything seemed cool. A couple of years later -- Shaq was beefing with the coach (Hill), he had a injury-ridden 95 season, Penny was starting to fall off, the team wasn't getting any better, MJ switched back to the 2-3 and smashed the Magic in the playoffs, and people were saying he wouldn't be worth the kind of money he was going to demand (upwards of 120 Mill). And the rest was history...

kobe_shaq.jpg
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you ? are stupid...most of u ? is thinking about the regular season, im thinking about the playoffs

and Wade is known to perform in the playoffs, ? can injure himself in regular season all he want, but when it comes to the playoffs that ? gets busy......

Lebron on the other hand is known to bytch up in playoff games and in clutch situations.......

and he couldn't carry a washed up shaq to the finals last year...... but he could carry them to a best record in the regular season.....lol

the reason why Lebron joined miami was to team up with wade, cause wade would be able to take some of the pressure off of him in certain situations..........

so to answer the threadstarter question........i would trade lebron for D-howard

but to be honest Kobe Bryant and Howard >>>>>> Wade and Howard >>>>>>Lebron and howard

Lol ill concede to ur points
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Exactly.......Lebron aint clutch....da hell you'll give up D Wade for? He like 3rd clutch in da league, if not 2nd, IMO.....I'll give him da ball wit 3 seconds left before I give dat ? to lebron. All dem dunks and highlights dont matter when its time to play for dat ring, game 7, 4th quarter/overtime wit a couple of seconds left.....Wade>>LJ
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I been saying when playoffs roll around we will see who MVP and clutch for the Heat and it won't be Lebron.
  • woah316
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yo, I just convinced myself I'd trade lebron for howard too...

Sure you're losing a facilitator and someone who can explode for 40 points any night, but you STILL have d wade... And now you have a shot blocker, better rebounder, and best defensive player in the game... It's crazy, but I would trade Lebron for Howard... Then you have twin towers and still a top 3 perimeter player in the league in d wade... It's crazy thinking... but I'd pull the ? trigger.
  • woah316
    edited February 2011
    Options

Every sports writer and analyst pretty much says howard is GONE... ok ok I know they not ? and cant predict the future, but they spend more time on this ? than we do.. it's there profession... Only way howard will sign an extension is if they win a title, or AT LEAST get back in the finals... It does not look like that is going to happen this year or next year...

Conclusion? That boy gone... Might as well get something for him... And the fact that EVERYBODY is pretty much saying, make a trade, makes the ? seem realistic to me.. ? could go down next season, it'd be ? bonkers.. But of course, only way someone will accept a trade for howard is if he agrees to a contract extension.. Thats the only kicker... I say, if he goes to the heat, for either wade or lebron, he'd resign... And their pretty much on their way to a title
  • woah316
    edited February 2011
    Options

I can hear what you saying about kobe.. But the thing is, Kobe has about 2 more years max left in him at a high level... He even admitted he's slowing down... Wade + howard or Lebron + howard = titles for the next 10 years.
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited February 2011
    Options
    trade bosh for him, why trade Wade or Lebron?

Bosh is best player Orlando could get.
  • cuttadc13
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jrod44 wrote: »
    trade bosh for him, why trade Wade or Lebron?

Bosh is best player Orlando could get.

and u seriously think a Howard-Bosh swap is a closer to even trade than Wade or LeBron????? Wade and LeBron are possible agreements..No ? way would anybody agree with taking Bosh in exchange for Howard...
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited February 2011
    Options
    and u seriously think a Howard-Bosh swap is a closer to even trade than Wade or LeBron????? Wade and LeBron are possible agreements..No ? way would anybody agree with taking Bosh in exchange for Howard...

But why would anybody trade Wade or James? Orlando I dont think could get a better player in a trade. I mean I know Howard and Bosh arent equivalents but in real life who can Orlando get that is better than Bosh and tradeable?

GAsol and Bynum is a better deal though
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Wade left the last minute of game 4 vs the C's wit leg cramps and they lost

Wade also hurt his ribs in the 05 Ecf game 6 and again They LOST

Shaq was still respected and demanded double teams when he was in miami wit the cavs he was washed

exactly....
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i like cookies
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Man, I would trade Wade and Bosh soft self for Dwight Howard in a heartbeat. Its that simple. Wade maybe the better player but Dwight Howard's worth much more in terms of building a team for the mere fact that he supplements Lebron better and there's no one like D Howard in the league and his upside is ridiculous once he masters his offensive game. He's what Bynum was supposed to be but he soft.
    Lebron and Dwight Howard was always a better fit.