The Knowledge Thread. Ask anything.

Options

Comments

• GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Uhhh this is about comic books...but IMO whether we like to admit it or not, there's very subtle differences in races. Tone, delivery, lexicon, mannerisms all matter in comedic material and can make all the difference. White people and Black audiences just naturally respond differently to these subtleties, even if the subject matter is at its core the same.
    Was being scrastic. Comics son.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lex and the Joker have a....unique relationship. In some instances, they've allied with each other out of the mutual goal of taking out Superman, Batman or a third party enemy. Other times (and generally for the most part), the Joker usually is a unaccounted for x factor in Luthors larger plans and Lex usually has to attempt to take him out or at least tolerate him long enough.

Post Crisis usually refers to after "Crisis on Infinite Earths (1986)" a company wide crossover which served as a retroactive reboot of the DC universe.

lol, more specifically the ? with Lex briefly being the president.. i saw that ? and was like "wtf? how'd that go down??" then it said he when he was the president he tried to have trhat ? joker assassinated....and again i was like "wtf??" i just wanted to know the history of that ? ....seemed like a pretty intense story line just off of the quick look...
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    oh and break down the decepticon power structure...

mainly starscream and sshockwave....
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You need to change your avi picture to the Architect from the Matrix, lol.

Has Blade ever been anything more than a B list character? Has he ever had a prominent role in a Marvel event (ie. Civil War?)
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    got dayum, this ? knows everything lol.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Many people actually.

As far as heroes go, the classic example of someone on Superman's level is Captain Marvel (y'know the little kid who says "SHAZAM" and becomes a superpowered adult?). Marvel is extremely strong can fly, fast, highly resistant (but not invulnerable like Superman) and has the "wisdom of solomon" which makes him a very cunning fighter. Plus his powers are derived from magic, something Superman has no defense against. Marvel's villian counterpart, Black Adam, is also on par with Supes being that he and Marvel have the same powers. 'Cept Adam is a grown man and has no qualms about killing.

There's also Superman derivatives like Supergirl, Superboy, Power Girl and Mon-El who are all slightly, if not just as powerful as Superman.

A few others are Wonder Woman, The Martian Manhunter, and the Green Lanterns.

I wanna agree but I can't
    Wonder Woman can be hurt by bullets... even though she is strong as hell how could she go all out wit Superman

u say Cpt Marvel is "highly resistant" to injury not invulnerable so how he could he go all out with Superman?
    I know his powers are magic based but that doesn't mean Supes won't beat him to death
    the same goes for Blac Adam

I don't believe Supergirl, Power Girl, Superboy, or Mon 'El are even close to being as strong as Superman.. YET

the only hero I can probably see supremely fuccin Superman over is Sodam Yat (Ion)

Martian Manhunter is vulnerable to flames.... he aint goin all out wit Supes and makin it out alive

I really don't think people realize how strong Superman really is at the core of his powers
    since his powers don't come from his muscles... they come from his aura and his mind

its psionic, Superman is only as strong as he has to be

strength is pass the "mega-ton" level

but I guess it all depends on the writers
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ponder the following scenarios:

What will happen if the Blob and the Juggernaunt collided?

Who's the more powerful mystic, Strange, Zatana, Zatara, or Fate?

Who's faster Captain Marvel (DC,) or Diana. Member they both have the speed of Hermes.

Hulk v Superman. Superman. Supes haves super speed and flight. Supes can hover over the Hulk. If The Hulk leapt at Supes, Supes would wait for the last possible minute, using his super fast reflexs move out of the way, grap The Hulk, then fling The Hulk into space. I personally would think that Supes wouldn't engage in The Hulk in combat. I think he would use these two powers to his advantage. The fight would last minutes, if not even seconds.

Supes v Thor

Is Rogue a ? ?

Admit it. Kryto is a wack ass concept.

Who's more powerful? Supergirl or Diana. Is Supergirl, though only a teenager, stronger because of her Krytonian hertiage. Or is Diana stronger due to maturity and experience.

Why is Namor better than Aquaman?

Finally, why is Rob Liefeld the most despised man in comics?
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    lol, more specifically the ? with Lex briefly being the president.. i saw that ? and was like "wtf? how'd that go down??" then it said he when he was the president he tried to have trhat ? joker assassinated....and again i was like "wtf??" i just wanted to know the history of that ? ....seemed like a pretty intense story line just off of the quick look...

Lex became President strictly on some "IF im President, Superman can't touch me. Its the one thing HE can't beat me at". Lex wasn't as bad a President as one would have thought, but he still was very corrupt and still attempted to get over on Superman a couple times. His fall from Presidency (which was kind out of nowhere and out of character) took place in the first Superman/Batman storyline "Public Enemies".

This is the first ive heard about Lex trying to have the Joker assassinated. During this time in DC, both Superman and (especially) Batman had their plates full in their respective titles. Like every time you looked up, there was a huge as crossover going on in Batman and the Batman titles became really closed off from the larger DCU. Point is, there wasn't too much " outside interference" from non Batman characters so its not that likely (possible but not likely)that the "Lex tried to assinate joker while he was prez" thing happened....
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    where's a popcorn gift when u need one??
  • Knives Amilli
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    oh and break down the decepticon power structure...

mainly starscream and sshockwave....

Bro it is my shame to say that I dont know much about Transformers.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page =best transformers site on the web. Might find your answer there.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    Options

Supes v Thor

Is Rogue a ? ?

Damn GREAT QUESTIONS lol
  • Knives Amilli
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I wanna agree but I can't

t
    Wonder Woman can be hurt by bullets... even though she is strong as hell how could she go all out wit Superman

Bro did you see the "Sacrifice" fight? When Supes was being controlled by Maxwell Lord? Diana was going ? for tat with Clark for awhile (and Clark was in an enraged "willing to ? " state, he thought Lois was dead and was being manipulated into thinking that Diana was one of her murderers). His only advantage in that fight was his pure drive to fight, while Diana was more interested in keeping people safe and breaking Max's control on Clark. If she were willing to ? Clark? I think she'd win. She's the peak warrior of a warrior culture, its in her blood.

u say Cpt Marvel is "highly resistant" to injury not invulnerable so how he could he go all out with Superman?
    I know his powers are magic based but that doesn't mean Supes won't beat him to death
    the same goes for Blac Adam

Clark doesn't ? . Pretty much never. And he can go all out with Clark because his hits hurt Clark, bad. Clark is highly sensitive to magic and Captain Marvel is a creation of magic. Marvel actually has one hit KO'd Clark one time, (granted he wasn't looking) but still..... Plus there's the famous "Shazam Blitz" (if you ever read Kingdom Come or seen "The Clash" episode of JLU you know what im talking about) which is when Marvel will either draw Clark close or hold him still and call the lightning down, enabling it to strike Clark, causing massive damage.

I don't believe Supergirl, Power Girl, Superboy, or Mon 'El are even close to being as strong as Superman.. YET

There not. But funnily enough is that at one point time, Mon was considered the most powerful Superman like being in the DCU. In the Legions time (where Mon spends most of his time), he's just as strong as Clark AND doesn't have any weaknesses (he's a Daxamite so no Kryptonite weakness and the lead weakness was cured in the Legions time). But right now in the Legion comic, Mon has a Green lantern ring so he'd murk Clark right now.

the only hero I can probably see supremely fuccin Superman over is Sodam Yat (Ion)

Agreed

Martian Manhunter is vulnerable to flames.... he aint goin all out wit Supes and makin it out alive

J'onn's fire weakness has varied from being a mental weakness to being a physical weakness like how green-K affects Superman. And that is a huge factor. Plus he has telepathy. He could easily intrude on Clark's mind and boom: shut 'em down.

I really don't think people realize how strong Superman really is at the core of his powers
    since his powers don't come from his muscles... they come from his aura and his mind

Agreed
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    Options
    also I believe if Juggernaut collided with the Blob at full speed, he wouldn't be able to knocc Blob off his feet

BUT

he would have to literally hit him hard enough to destroy the ground beneath Blob's feet

basically what I'm sayin is ? can't remove Blob from the ground, but he can remove the piece of ground that Blob is standin on fromt he rest of the ground.... which would be a huge chunk
  • BASED Zod
    BASED Zod Members Posts: 68
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Has Gambit or anyone ever smashed Rogue?
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think the Supes and Diana fight had to be written that way for the plot of the story
    but I feel that strength and speed wise Clark would rip Diana limbs off
    I'm pretty sure Clark could come up wit some kinda "super speed, heat vision, super strength blitz" and ? Diana
    t

I remember the Shazaam Blitz.... I also remember Clark one both of those fights wit a tight hand over Billy's mouth

and I'm gonna assume that you're insinuating that becuz Marvel's strenght is magic based that means his punches counteract the aura around Supes body that give him his powers
    so when Marvel hits Clark it probably hurts more than your regular superpowered punch
    then I would have to agree
    but fucc Cpt Marvel ? ass, I'm ridin wit Big Blue
  • Knives Amilli
    edited February 2011
    Options

? will bounce off of the Blob and both will remain elastic. Unstoppable force meets unmovable object scenario.

Who's the more powerful mystic, Strange, Zatana, Zatara, or Fate?
    Strange imo. He's supposed to be the best Sorcerer in pretty much the entire "realm/dimension" that Earth is in

Who's faster Captain Marvel (DC,) or Diana. Member they both have the speed of Hermes.
    Equal speed? lol I mean their speed source is the same.

Hulk v Superman. Superman. Supes haves super speed and flight. Supes can hover over the Hulk. If The Hulk leapt at Supes, Supes would wait for the last possible minute, using his super fast reflexs move out of the way, grap The Hulk, then fling The Hulk into space. I personally would think that Supes wouldn't engage in The Hulk in combat. I think he would use these two powers to his advantage. The fight would last minutes, if not even seconds.

Supes v Thor
    Supes is canonically the winner. He ko'd him in JLA/Avengers

Is Rogue a ? ?
    Nope. It was revealed that apparently, the Sentry hit that since her powers didn't affect him.

Ehh he's okay. I personally hate the "Lex and Clark grew up together in SMALLVILLE" concept more.

Who's more powerful? Supergirl or Diana. Is Supergirl, though only a teenager, stronger because of her Krytonian hertiage. Or is Diana stronger due to maturity and experience.
    Kara has far more potential to be stronger, but Diana would murk her in a fight. Experience.

Namor's cooler and I like him more, but Aguaman beat him in their DC vs. marvel fight.

Because comic fans are pettty ? for stupid reasons. Rob is a terrible artist who dumbed down his style to sell an assload of comics, but he shouldn't be hated for it. I mean ? it was the FANS buying the comics. Not like Rob was putting a gun to their head and making them buy them. In fact, its been stated numerous times that despite his "hated" status, he's one of the nicest guys in comics and willl even draw things for fans and his detractors that are kind of self mocking (one fan asked Rob to draw a characcter wearing like a million pouches, and he did it).
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Aquaman beat Namor by tying him up and havin a damn orca land on him right?
    we both know that aint enough to stop Namor and Namor would bludgeon Aquaman to death wit his barehands

ps. I'm not one of those people who thinks Aquaman jus talks to fish, I KNOW he will let a muthafucca have it, but he got his hands full wit Namor

and the whole Supes/Thor thing goes bacc to the reason why u said Diana would beat Supes
    Thor is said to have fought countless battles and he as been alive for millions of years
    Its obvious I ? wit Supes, but I think Thor might get luccy.... especially wit that magic Hammer'

I gotta say if Supes CAN beat Thor.... that means Cpt Marvel CAN NOT beat Supes
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dam sentry crazy ass got some of rogues bayou ? ? when this happen?

and i thought magneto or joseph had hit already, po gambit.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    dam sentry crazy ass got some of rogues bayou ? ? when this happen?

and i thought magneto or joseph had hit already, po gambit.

LMFAO knowing Remy he probably almost died twice tryin to get domed up
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Tell the truth Son Goku is the most powerful superhero ever
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    Tell the truth Son Goku is the most powerful superhero ever

Gohan is stronger than Goku

both them ? weak
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    [QUOTE=Knives Amilli;2149625
    Ehh he's okay. I personally hate the "Lex and Clark grew up together in SMALLVILLE" concept more.[/QUOTE]

Word. This is a throw to the pre crisis days when Lex and Clark did grow up together. The origin of Lex's hatred for Supes being, Lex caused a fire, Superboy came and put the fire out, causing Lex's hair to fall out. Weak ass story telling and plot devices, but hey it was the 50's. In the interest of full disclosure, Byrnes' interpretion of Supes was my first exposure to the character, ( do have ten issues of pre-crisis Supes, but that's not nearly enough to give you a feel for the character. So I'm bias towards, Byrnes, Ordway, Jurgens, and Wolfman. In my opinion, Byrnes diciption of the Supes/Lex relationship was better. Also can somebody answer this question. In Action, Lex has a Lois robot, somebody please tell me that Lex is not ? the Lois robot.

Because comic fans are pettty ? for stupid reasons. Rob is a terrible artist who dumbed down his style to sell an assload of comics, but he shouldn't be hated for it. I mean ? it was the FANS buying the comics. Not like Rob was putting a gun to their head and making them buy them. In fact, its been stated numerous times that despite his "hated" status, he's one of the nicest guys in comics and willl even draw things for fans and his detractors that are kind of self mocking (one fan asked Rob to draw a characcter wearing like a million pouches, and he did it).[/QUOTE]

Is Liefeld to comics, what Soulja Boy is to rap?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Knives Amilli
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think the Supes and Diana fight had to be written that way for the plot of the story
    but I feel that strength and speed wise Clark would rip Diana limbs off
    I'm pretty sure Clark could come up wit some kinda "super speed, heat vision, super strength blitz" and ? Diana
    t

I remember the Shazaam Blitz.... I also remember Clark one both of those fights wit a tight hand over Billy's mouth

and I'm gonna assume that you're insinuating that becuz Marvel's strenght is magic based that means his punches counteract the aura around Supes body that give him his powers
    so when Marvel hits Clark it probably hurts more than your regular superpowered punch
    then I would have to agree
    but fucc Cpt Marvel ? ass, I'm ridin wit Big Blue

Now I never said Cpt. Marvel could beat Supes...He can just go toe to toe with him...

And you underestimating WW, brah. She's Asgardian level powerful. An Amazon (who are already quite durable) with the gods blessings=A ? beast. BUt thing is that yeah Superman is godlevel and never really shown to go all out.
  • Knives Amilli
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Aquaman beat Namor by tying him up and havin a damn orca land on him right?
    we both know that aint enough to stop Namor and Namor would bludgeon Aquaman to death wit his barehands

ps. I'm not one of those people who thinks Aquaman jus talks to fish, I KNOW he will let a muthafucca have it, but he got his hands full wit Namor

and the whole Supes/Thor thing goes bacc to the reason why u said Diana would beat Supes
    Thor is said to have fought countless battles and he as been alive for millions of years
    Its obvious I ? wit Supes, but I think Thor might get luccy.... especially wit that magic Hammer'

I gotta say if Supes CAN beat Thor.... that means Cpt Marvel CAN NOT beat Supes

I personally think Diana is a more cunning warrior than Thor and she knows Kal, she'd know how to take him out....BUT i think ill concede that Supes probably would beat Diana though now when I really think about it.

And Aquaman only dropped an orca on Namor, Namor wasn't pinned down.