Options

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    and to add to this, he's also responsible for Onslaught

He was indirectly responsible for Onslaught. Onslaught formed when Xavier mindwiped Magneto after he ripped Logan's admantium out of his body.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I meant Marvel Asgardian level, specifically the ones among Thor's inner circle who are stronger than normal Asgardians.
    Oh ok, there aren't many Asgardians on Thor's level of strength. He may very well be the strongest, not counting guys like Kurse, Mangog and Odin of course. Most Asgardians are around CL 25- 45. I'd say Diana is on par with Wonderman in strength.
  • jaxn
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He was indirectly responsible for Onslaught. Onslaught formed when Xavier mindwiped Magneto after he ripped Logan's admantium out of his body.
    Right, However it was Xavier's conscious putting fuel on the fire. When he learned that astral projections can be brought into the physical world (thanks to Nate Grey pulling Charles from the astral world in their first encounter) Onslaught was born.
  • jaxn
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So what do you think about this old Hope Summers fiasco? How long before it's officially Jean Grey reincarnated?? I hope, no pun intended, they won't go this route, but I wouldn't be surprised knowing Marvel. So far, Hope is a beast!

Have you been keeping up with BP's role in Daredevil? It's going pretty good so far, of course there are some that disagree, but I like T'challa and he needs more of a role in the MU landscape. Besides, when Matt comes back, they will be a formidable street level team for an issue or two.

Are you a Surfer fan? If so, do you like his issue from a couple of weeks ago? Good potential storywise. Let's see what Pak does with it.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what do you consider jokers best issue?
    is arkham asylum issue one of the goats of comics?
    are there any other the watchmen comics or just that one?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what do you consider jokers best issue??

The Killing Joke.

996847-2714652863_def66b9a6d_super.jpg

This ? is g.o.a.t. and just straight up epic. Barbara Gordon opens the door, and there's J. in a tourist outfit with a camera around his neck, and that sadistic ? up grin. His insanity is captured perfectly here. He says not a word, but just opens fired. These panels capture the essence of The Joker and show why he's the greatest of comic book villians.

aparo_jim.jpg

This gets an honorable mention. This is from "The Death In The Family," Batman 428 stroy arch. J nearly beats Jason Todd to death, (the second Robin,) I don't know if it's me, but if you look at J's eyes, it appears that Aparo drew The Joker's eyes with utterly bliss and delight. Here we see The Joker in what I would gather is a need orgasmic state, as he not only brutalizes Robin, but causes unspeakable torment to his arch nemsis, The Bat-Man.

are there any other the watchmen comics or just that one?

Nope, it's just the original twelve issue mini series, that was later collected into trade paper back. Alan Moore is the only person who could write Watchman. I don't think any other writer would want Moore or the fandom to put them on blast for ? up what is arguably the best stroy arch in the medium.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    there is a joker comic with this guy following him around and saving the joker but when joker is fighting batman he kills the dude .i think that is jokers best comic and also the comic is told from the point of view of the henchman that trying to be down with the joker.anyone know the name of this comic?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Who are better cops? The Corp or Thanagarians.

We all know that Shazam is not only the wizard's name that bestowed the mystical powers on Billy Batson, but it's also and acroym. What is meant by the "power of Zeus?"

Snakes Eyes v The Punisher.

Grimlock v Megatron.

Is Voltron a mech or a giant robo?

In Wind Ninja Chronicles (Ninja Scroll,) have did Jubei beat the blind ninja. Remember, the blind ninja countered attacks by hearing his opponents movements.

What was better Pre or Post Crises DC Universe? Or that restored multiverse ? .

Why does Zod go hard?

Is Zod possibly a better villian than Lex, or it depends on who's writing him.

What hero or villian, is in need of shine and appreciation?

I say JSA and Plas. I would love to see a JSA animated feature, and if properly done, a Plas movie would be funny as hell. It would be on some "The Mask," ? .

Are there any wack Joker stories? Writers seem to be on some unbelivable ? when they do a Joker story. Case in point Judd Winnick on "Under The Red Hood." Winnick's resurection of Jason Todd was straight ? ; however, Jason Todd's resurrection in "Under The Red Hood," was actually cool and in the realm of comics made sense. (and I hate resurrections. Resurrection stories are often contrived and forced.) Not only was Under The Red Robin an epic story, it redeemed Winnick in my eyes.

Why are screenwriters and directors so arrogant to believe that their wack ass stories and ideas are better than the source material.

What was better Macross or New Generation? I lean to Macross.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can Blade stand toe to toe with Wolverine?
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can Blade stand toe to toe with Wolverine?
    According to each respective's powers, they could go toe to toe..for like 10 minutes. Blade's weapons are targeted against vampires, not mutants. Wolverine's healing factor is better (I think) because its not based on blood loss.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ksmart wrote: »
    According to each respective's powers, they could go toe to toe..for like 10 minutes. Blade's weapons are targeted against vampires, not mutants. Wolverine's healing factor is better (I think) because its not based on blood loss.

not only that, Wolverines adamantium skeleton insures that Blade ain't got nothin that can keep Logan down

Blade would last longer than 10 minutes but he'll die eventually
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    One thing I always wondered was why Marvel ALWAYS allowed Bullseye to get his ass beat by Daredevil. Bullseye was a beast; no super powers, but he could literally make a weapon out of anything. This dude beat the ? outta Elektra and then killed her with her own weapon; hung with Cap when they fought; hung with Deadpool and the Punisher for a lil bit when they fought; and outslicked Crossbones when they fought.

I read that DD recently finally killed Bullseye, which sucks cuz Marvel could've really done so much more with the character, aside from having him join Norman Osborn's crew of villians and such.

I hope they bring Bullseye back and do more with the character. Imma see if I can cop that DC/Marvel crossover where Bullseye fought Batman offa Ebay this weekend.

This is from the "Streets of Poison" storyline in "Captain America"

1248047-streets_of_poison___page_88_super.jpg

1248048-streets_of_poison___page_90_super.jpg

1248049-streets_of_poison___page_92_super.jpg
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. So, I don't follow comics much, but I did follow Civil War. I was shocked and embarrased to see what they did to Punisher's character. They straight eviscerated any masculinity he had by having him be Cap's ? . My question is did Marvel ever do anything or will they ever do anything to restore some respectability to Frank Castle? Can't they just retcon that ? out of Marvel canon and pretend it never happened?

2. Speaking of retcon, how has the new Spider-Man story progressed since they retconned out MJ and Peter Parker's marriage?
  • DrMindbender122
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. So, I don't follow comics much, but I did follow Civil War. I was shocked and embarrased to see what they did to Punisher's character. They straight eviscerated any masculinity he had by having him be Cap's ? . My question is did Marvel ever do anything or will they ever do anything to restore some respectability to Frank Castle? Can't they just retcon that ? out of Marvel canon and pretend it never happened?

2. Speaking of retcon, how has the new Spider-Man story progressed since they retconned out MJ and Peter Parker's marriage?

Cap did something similar to this to Mr. Castle

984520-711140_l_dc32eac9a0ec068f03f7b3b28d179e26_super.jpg
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Yooooooooo....much much props

you brought a ton of memories back with this one. I remeber collecting Cap when this story line frist dropped.Great writing and art...

easily one of the best of any comic company.....just a ? load of classic moments.

Bullseye vs Crossbones (as pictured)

Cap vs Daredevil (who was already worn out)

Daredevil vs. Crossbones

Kingpin vs. Red Skull (good as fight)

Cap vs. Crossbones

Diamondback vs Black Widow

Great writing and art...
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i dont care what anyone says, capt marvel is NOT seeing superman. cap marvel only gets supes on some lucky sucker punch ? and superman whipped his ass before while holding back. after seeing superman go all out and knock darkseid through like 10 buildings and beat the ? out of him, i know supes could stick his fist through captain marvels head if he really felt the need to.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i dont care what anyone says, capt marvel is NOT seeing superman. cap marvel only gets supes on some lucky sucker punch ? and superman whipped his ass before while holding back. after seeing superman go all out and knock darkseid through like 10 buildings and beat the ? out of him, i know supes could stick his fist through captain marvels head if he really felt the need to.

come on

you gon just gone over look the part were Darkseid casually gets up from Superman’s hardest punches and
    proceed to have him screamin' like a lil ? ...... moments away from his last breath?
  • Knives Amilli
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    So what do you think about this old Hope Summers fiasco? How long before it's officially Jean Grey reincarnated?? I hope, no pun intended, they won't go this route, but I wouldn't be surprised knowing Marvel. So far, Hope is a beast!

Have you been keeping up with BP's role in Daredevil? It's going pretty good so far, of course there are some that disagree, but I like T'challa and he needs more of a role in the MU landscape. Besides, when Matt comes back, they will be a formidable street level team for an issue or two.

Are you a Surfer fan? If so, do you like his issue from a couple of weeks ago? Good potential storywise. Let's see what Pak does with it.

Ehhhh I would like it more if they hadn't made her a Summers or connected her to the Phoenix/Jean. I mean she's going to have something to do with Jean being reincarnated which takes a lot of surprise out of what you can do with her.

Naw I haven't been readin BP: Man Without Fear. Im just glad Marvel is realizing they can do BP without Hudlin.

I used to be a huge Surfer fan as a kid, but I haven't read any of his solo series (ive been meaning to pick the Annihilators series tho).
  • Knives Amilli
    edited March 2011
    Options
    there is a joker comic with this guy following him around and saving the joker but when joker is fighting batman he kills the dude .i think that is jokers best comic and also the comic is told from the point of view of the henchman that trying to be down with the joker.anyone know the name of this comic?

Your referring to the "Joker" one shot graphic novel by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo. It takes place in its own continuity (and seems to be strongly influenced by The Dark Knight), but I enjoyed it alot.
  • Knives Amilli
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Killing Joke.

996847-2714652863_def66b9a6d_super.jpg

This ? is g.o.a.t. and just straight up epic. Barbara Gordon opens the door, and there's J. in a tourist outfit with a camera around his neck, and that sadistic ? up grin. His insanity is captured perfectly here. He says not a word, but just opens fired. These panels capture the essence of The Joker and show why he's the greatest of comic book villians.

aparo_jim.jpg

This gets an honorable mention. This is from "The Death In The Family," Batman 428 stroy arch. J nearly beats Jason Todd to death, (the second Robin,) I don't know if it's me, but if you look at J's eyes, it appears that Aparo drew The Joker's eyes with utterly bliss and delight. Here we see The Joker in what I would gather is a need orgasmic state, as he not only brutalizes Robin, but causes unspeakable torment to his arch nemsis, The Bat-Man.

Nope, it's just the original twelve issue mini series, that was later collected into trade paper back. Alan Moore is the only person who could write Watchman. I don't think any other writer would want Moore or the fandom to put them on blast for ? up what is arguably the best stroy arch in the medium.

Also a few other great Joker storylines are:

The Laughing Fish

Going sane

and The Joker's Five Way Revenge
  • Knives Amilli
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Who are better cops? The Corp or Thanagarians.

We all know that Shazam is not only the wizard's name that bestowed the mystical powers on Billy Batson, but it's also and acroym. What is meant by the "power of Zeus?"

Grimlock v Megatron.

In Wind Ninja Chronicles (Ninja Scroll,) have did Jubei beat the blind ninja. Remember, the blind ninja countered attacks by hearing his opponents movements.

Why does Zod go hard?

I say JSA and Plas. I would love to see a JSA animated feature, and if properly done, a Plas movie would be funny as hell. It would be on some "The Mask," ? .

Are there any wack Joker stories? Writers seem to be on some unbelivable ? when they do a Joker story. Case in point Judd Winnick on "Under The Red Hood." Winnick's resurection of Jason Todd was straight ? ; however, Jason Todd's resurrection in "Under The Red Hood," was actually cool and in the realm of comics made sense. (and I hate resurrections. Resurrection stories are often contrived and forced.) Not only was Under The Red Robin an epic story, it redeemed Winnick in my eyes.

Why are screenwriters and directors so arrogant to believe that their wack ass stories and ideas are better than the source material.

]Who are better cops? The Corp or Thanagarians.
    The GL's. I ? hate Hawkman

according to wiki:power of Zeus Zeus' power, besides fueling the magic thunderbolt that transforms Captain Marvel, also enhances Marvel's other physical and mental abilities, and grants him resistance against all magic spells and attacks. Marvel can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target. The magic lightning has several uses, such as creating apparatus, restoring damage done to Marvel, and acting as fuel for magic spells. It can also turn other Marvels back by striking them. It aids interdimensional travel at the Rock of Eternity.

Snake eyes. Can't ? with ninjas.

Grimlock v Megatron.
    Megatron. Grimlock is ? strong, but also ? .

There's a difference?

Dude I haven't seen that ? in years....

I prefer post crisis. Clean brand new DC, no silver age ? . Most characters/franchises were at the peak during the post crisis DC (aquaman, WW, the Marvel Family, The Flash, arguably GL, Martian Manhunter, Justice League, Justice Society, etc.) and the thing is, even when the multiverse was "gone", it really wasn't. They just called it by different names (Hypertime) or just didn't call it anything and told the story they wanted to tell. Infinite Crisis (which had the greatest buildup of any crossover ever imo) just ? ? up imo.

Why does Zod go hard?
    Zod is okay to me. The version I prefer is the Pokolistan General Zod (who wore a big red suit of armor). He kind of had a messy origin, but he was a ? badass. Broke clarks jaw when they first met.

Lex, I think. Only because he's the closest thing to Dr. Doom the DCU has.

Motto on the JSA. I love the Goyer/Johns era of JSA. Shame the book never really recovered after Infinite Crisis. I've actually in my head have a skeletal pitch on how a WW2 era JSA series could work. Personally? I think DC seriously dropped the ball with Jason Todd. "Under the Hood" IMO is one of the more underrated Bat stories of last decade and really made me excited about Jason Todd for the first time ever. He had a badass costume, was a very sympathetic anti hero (something the DCU is in sore need of) and just was all around cool. They could of easily made him a grey area mercenary type of character, teamed him up with Cassandra Cain and a few other martial artist/spy/mercenary type of heroes and BOOM you have a Secret Six/Suicide Squad type of book. But noooooo they let Tony Daniel have him go full villain in Battle for the Cowl just so Morrison could turn him into ? Grayson's nemesis. Such a waste.

Tons of wack Joker stories. Too many writers just make him crazy homicidal clown guy and your like "WHY THE ? ISN'T HE DEAD YET?". I mean damn, im not saying Batman has to do it but when the Joker is written as uber homicidal you wonder why a Gothamite or cop just hasn't done the deed.

Id guess its because theres a stigma among comics that they're overall cheesy and audiences wouldn't react well to the material before its adapted for the screen, so the director/screen writers material takes precedence.

All i know about Macross was that it was combined with two other animes to make Robotech here in the states.
  • Knives Amilli
    edited March 2011
    Options
    One thing I always wondered was why Marvel ALWAYS allowed Bullseye to get his ass beat by Daredevil. Bullseye was a beast; no super powers, but he could literally make a weapon out of anything. This dude beat the ? outta Elektra and then killed her with her own weapon; hung with Cap when they fought; hung with Deadpool and the Punisher for a lil bit when they fought; and outslicked Crossbones when they fought.

I read that DD recently finally killed Bullseye, which sucks cuz Marvel could've really done so much more with the character, aside from having him join Norman Osborn's crew of villians and such.

I hope they bring Bullseye back and do more with the character. Imma see if I can cop that DC/Marvel crossover where Bullseye fought Batman offa Ebay this weekend.

Well the thing about Daredevil is that he's the most slept on fighter in the Marvel U. He's a top 5 fighter and imo a better pure martial artist than Captain America (Cap would still probably win in a fight tho). I mean throwing ? can only do so much good against someone who can hear and feel when and where its coming from. And Marvel has actually been in a bit of a love affair with Bullseye for a few years, really playing up his worlds greatest assassin moniker. He's been in a lot of material and even had a few miniseries dedicated to him. One of the more intriguing ones thats come out recently was Bullseye: Perfect Game. And DD did appear to ? Bullseye during Shadowlands, but he'll be back, eventually.

#1 rule about the Punisher: don't take anything that happens to him in 616/the mainstream Marvel Universe seriously. The real Punisher stories were written by Garth Ennis and are now being written by Jason Aaron over in PunisherMAX

Spider Man has been progessing decently ever since OMD. Biggest things thats happened so far is that:

Peter is dating a new girl named Carlie Cooper
    He now has a job at some science facility
    Aunt May married Jamesons father
    Flash Thomson is now Venom
    Harry Osborn is alive and daddy again to a mixed kid

and aside from his rogues gallery going through some changes, those are the biggest.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well the thing about Daredevil is that he's the most slept on fighter in the Marvel U. He's a top 5 fighter and imo a better pure martial artist than Captain America (Cap would still probably win in a fight tho). I mean throwing ? can only do so much good against someone who can hear and feel when and where its coming from. And Marvel has actually been in a bit of a love affair with Bullseye for a few years, really playing up his worlds greatest assassin moniker. He's been in a lot of material and even had a few miniseries dedicated to him. One of the more intriguing ones thats come out recently was Bullseye: Perfect Game. And DD did appear to ? Bullseye during Shadowlands, but he'll be back, eventually.

#1 rule about the Punisher: don't take anything that happens to him in 616/the mainstream Marvel Universe seriously. The real Punisher stories were written by Garth Ennis and are now being written by Jason Aaron over in PunisherMAX

Spider Man has been progessing decently ever since OMD. Biggest things thats happened so far is that:

Peter is dating a new girl named Carlie Cooper
    He now has a job at some science facility
    Aunt May married Jamesons father
    Flash Thomson is now Venom
    Harry Osborn is alive and daddy again to a mixed kid

and aside from his rogues gallery going through some changes, those are the biggest.

Now that I think about it, Cap and DD fought during that "Streets of Poison" storyline. Cap beat the ? outta DD, but he was high offa the streets drug Ice and indirectly caused DD to lose his memory. This is when Bullseye took over DD's identity and went on a crime spree to smear DD's reputation. The Ice combined with the Super Solider serum made Cap go insane. Last I remember, they had to take it outta his system. But I knew they've done some retconning about that, too.

Great fight, though.

1277500-captain_america_375.cbr___page_15_super.jpg

1277501-captain_america_375.cbr___page_16_super.jpg

1277502-captain_america_375.cbr___page_17_super.jpg

1277503-captain_america_375.cbr___page_18_super.jpg
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cap be owning them ? ...
  • jaxn
    edited March 2011
    Options

Bullseye is a straight up G. He loses to DD because Daredevil is just a better fighter than him, as well as having his own abilities. He was trained by Stick, arguably one of the greatest mystical ninjas on Marvel Earth. Daredevil has abilities that can somewhat negate Bullseye's advantages. He can hear objects approaching him, hell he can hear folks miles away in conversation. His radar sense makes it hard for anyone to creep up on him. I'm guessing he'll be back within the next year or two. He's too classic of a villian