Is Nas Next Lp going to be Like Em & Lupe?

Options

Comments

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    highly doubt it
  • JayEyeTheKing
    JayEyeTheKing Members Posts: 523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just remember one thing though, Nas NEEDS money lol. I sure hope he doesnt though, Id do anything for another album like Stillmatic & ? 's Son though
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    Great point. It's clear though, at this point, that "pop sound" usually always means no quality.

Rappers still make good Pop records when it's done on their terms. I think these are all great Pop songs by rappers that were done tastefully:

T.I.- Dead and Gone feat. Justin Timberlake (produced by Justin Timberlake and Rob Knox): The song is definitely a Pop song, but it doesn't compromise anything lyrically and maintains a message.

Kanye West- Stronger: Again, it doesn't compromise anything lyrically and maintains the overall message despite the song sampling Daft Punk.

Kanye West- Good Life: Has T-Pain on the hook and a sample of the King of Pop, but again nothing here is compormised

Busta Rhymes- Touch It: Another Daft Punk sampling club record, but Busta Rhymes remains Busta Rhymes.

There's plenty of others throughout the years, but those are just a few.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Very good posts in this thread and I really like this thread. keep going!nice ? .. hope we get that nas album very soon
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this is the production nas needs.. not that ? lupe fiasco use on lasers... thats not hip hop
    this is real hip hop
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this ? is ? fire
    nas will make another classic with thoose beats
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b u talkin to me? Wtf i'm a huge nas fan

naw I was talkin to choppa style mostly...

I understand your thread and the premise and being skeptical and all that...
  • BoscoDeSoto
    BoscoDeSoto Members Posts: 146
    edited March 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    naw I was talkin to choppa style mostly...

I understand your thread and the premise and being skeptical and all that...

it's crazy that at this point, i'd cry tears of joy if Nas made a blueprint 3 record..
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Let There Be Light has the soul singer Tre Williams from Tre Williams and the Revelations on the hook. Give me a ? ' break b. That ? is soulful doggy. Do you understand the difference??? That ? is not comparable to that corniness called "Space Bound".

Sounds like someone is mad that a rapper like Nas maintained their artistic integrity deep in the game unlike Camel ass rappers who drop songs like "Ghetto Techno".

But either way, if we're talking pop or quality or whatever, Nas next joint will be quality. It's obvious Em and Lupe going for the B.O.B. and Drake sound thats hot on the radio right now. I doubt we'll see Nas doing that. Appearing on a Nelly Furtado or a pop singer's song is something that he's always done. It's a feature. Not his album.

Nah yo I really don't hear a difference. All I hear are two very melodic hooks. I mean singing is singing to me.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Stop it with all that ? man. Nas would make radio records if he actually had the ability too. But he can't so he sits back acting like he's got all this integrity while rappers like Jay-Z take the harder route of being mainstream and lyrical at the same time.

NaS has made plenty of "Mainstream" songs or commercial sounding songs. Even on "Untitled" there was "We make the world go round" which sounded so out of place on that LP but that was for the masses The issue is a lot of NaS's commercial songs don't do that well on the charts anyway. If you look at NaS's 1st singles they are almost always very raw and hard and not that commercial. Sure during the 90's he was a little more flossy but since the 2000's NaS has come pretty hard with his singles. After "Untitled" and "Distant Relatives" it's clear NaS could care less about selling to the mainstream audience anymore. I could see NaS being independent as his career goes on.
  • buttuh_b
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nah yo I really don't hear a difference. All I hear are two very melodic hooks. I mean singing is singing to me.

Well your ears suck then. "I can't hear the difference between Marvin Gaye and Britney Spears."
  • BoscoDeSoto
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well your ears suck then. "I can't hear the difference between Marvin Gaye and Britney Spears."

lol wtf...ya'll wylin
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I Just Want A Nas Album With Some Beat From Kanye, Premo, Justice Leauge, The Olympics, Dj Toomp, No ID Maybe Even Drakes Bo Boi 1 Da. Nas Sounds The Best Over Beats Like Magnificent To Me, For Some Reason I Think "Over" Was Made For Him
  • georgia boi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I Just Want A Nas Album With Some Beat From Kanye, Premo, Justice Leauge, The Olympics, Dj Toomp, No ID Maybe Even Drakes Bo Boi 1 Da. Nas Sounds The Best Over Beats Like Magnificent To Me, For Some Reason I Think "Over" Was Made For Him

That would be a great line up. "Magnificent" and "Over" are definitely some beats that sound like Nas would be right at home over.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That would be a great line up. "Magnificent" and "Over" are definitely some beats that sound like Nas would be right at home over.

no the ? they don't
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Thats What I'm Sayin, Id Love To Hear Another Jay And Nas Track To
  • buttuh_b
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol wtf...ya'll wylin

Ya boy thinks all singing is the same.
  • georgia boi
    edited March 2011
    Options
    no the ? they don't

"Magnificent" is in the same vein as this song musically, just updated:

and maybe something like this

Drake's "Over" is in the vein of
  • buttuh_b
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I could definitely hear Nas on Magnificent and Over.
  • BoscoDeSoto
    edited March 2011
    Options
    no the ? they don't

lol wow..agreed .

Nas need more dark type ? ...i don't know where niccaz got the idea he rapped over big huge elaborate soul sampled beats like that
  • buttuh_b
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nas is pretty versatile. His style can fit on that type of beat as well as the grimey ? .
  • BoscoDeSoto
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "Magnificent" is in the same vein as this song musically, just updated:

and maybe something like this

Drake's "Over" is in the vein of

disagree my g, whenever nas do somethin it's always dark like even those songs..they have strings and ? but they aren't happy strings...they are DARK as hell.

A better beat for nas would be something like this

or
  • BoscoDeSoto
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nas is pretty versatile. His style can fit on that type of beat as well as the grimey ? .

u right though, i could just be saying what i want nas to spit over lol...though i do think he's better dark.

? ....real talk i think rae need to exec produce nas lp man..he'd make him do some great ? (even though it didn't work with CNN)
  • buttuh_b
    edited March 2011
    Options
    u right though, i could just be saying what i want nas to spit over lol...though i do think he's better dark.

? ....real talk i think rae need to exec produce nas lp man..he'd make him do some great ? (even though it didn't work with CNN)

I'm not exactly sure what sound I want for Nas but I think his intricate ? could work over the ? Rick Ross be on. I kind of want Q-Tip to executive produce his next joint. I know "One Love" and "American Way" aren't Nas best productions but Tip could give him a lil jazzy sound like he did on The Renaissance. A good Premier beat would never hurt.

I think that grimey ? you like is perfect with like Havoc and ? but I don't know Nas relationship with Mobb Deep now. I do know RZA was interested in Nas next album. Also if Nas ever linked back up with Pete Rock but I don't see it happening.

So you don't wanna hear Nas on 9th Wonder huh??
  • BoscoDeSoto
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what sound I want for Nas but I think his intricate ? could work over the ? Rick Ross be on. I kind of want Q-Tip to executive produce his next joint. I know "One Love" and "American Way" aren't Nas best productions but Tip could give him a lil jazzy sound like he did on The Renaissance. A good Premier beat would never hurt.

I think that grimey ? you like is perfect with like Havoc and ? but I don't know Nas relationship with Mobb Deep now. I do know RZA was interested in Nas next album. Also if Nas ever linked back up with Pete Rock but I don't see it happening.

So you don't wanna hear Nas on 9th Wonder huh??

him with Q-tip would be great, he'd just need some other dude there to make sure tip doesn't get too pretty on us.

9th wonder is A NO NO...that would make niccaz think Nas is super soft, if he rhymed on his beats my g.