The Official LE Text Battle Tournament #2 SIGN-UP Thread!!!

raw-material_ahh
raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
edited April 2011 in Lyrical Executions
Time for sign-ups for the SECOND battle tournament!

RULES
16 lines mandatory. I will create each battle thread.
There will be due dates. For example, if the threads are created Sunday, battlers have to check in by Wednesday before midnight Eastern time. If both check in, verses are due by Sunday night 11:59:59 PM Eastern time. If only 1 person checks in and the other person doesn't, the person who checked in wins automatically without having to drop a verse. Checking in is as simple as posting "Check." or whatever you like in your battle thread before posting your verse. Posting your verse can be a check in as long as it's done before Wednesday. AND if no one checks in by Wednesday, both battlers are disqualified and the battler they would have faced had they won would get a bye week.
Checking in will let us know each battler acknowledges the battle and acts as a promise they will post a battle verse. If we didn't have check in's, then one of the battlers may waste their time and energy writing a battle verse that will go to waste if their opponent decides to drop out.
In the case that both battlers check in but only one battler post their verse before the verse due time, then the person who missed the due time will be disqualified and the other battler will move onto the next round.

VOTING
If both check in and there is a battle, voting will start as soon as both verses are posted and will go on for six days after they are due in the case that both battlers wait until the last minute to post their verses.
Anybody can vote but votes MUST BE EXPLAINED. I will determine which votes are legit and which don't count (hate votes, unexplained votes, or users creating aliases to vote for themselves). Tha Killer will moderator too when he is active. Must have 50 posts to vote. And IP addresses will be checked in attempt to insure battlers aren't voting for themselves.

----

All times are Eastern and things will look something like this once the tournament starts:
Wednesday, March 2nd: Battle threads are made.
Friday, March 4th: Check in due before midnight.
Sunday, March 6th: Verses due before midnight.
Tuesday, March 8th: Voting closes at midnight.
Wednesday, March 9th: Next round begins.

---

If you have any questions, ask in this thread or PM me.

TO SIGN UP for this tournament, just post your e-mail in this thread or post that you are signing up and I will send everyone an e-mail or message alerting them that the first round threads have been posted and to check into their respective threads to check in. The tournament will begin the Wednesday after we receive 16 or 32 battlers, depending how quickly sign-ups occur. I plan on leaving this thread open for about 2-3 weeks so we can have a good turn out. If things are slow, I'll start promoting this tournament in other sections of the IC but for now, I'll leave it how it is so the people that actually browse Lyrical Executions get first dibs.

CONTESTANTS

Comments