Ipad2?? I thought the Ipad1 just came out LAST YEAR?!

Options
American.Loo
American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllTek
I swear Apple purposefly leaves off certain features just so they can present an "upgraded" version a year later.

How many of you will be selling your Ipad1 for an Ipad2

Comments

• Nut Did N' Cider
    Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Whas the new features?
  • deadpoolRKO
    deadpoolRKO Members Posts: 441
    edited March 2011
    Options
    don't have an ipad. won't get the new one either.

the new features are " supposably "

a camera

thinner

better battery

a USB port
  • American.Loo
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i dont even know. probably something basic like an extra jump drive port.

imagine if Sony put out a new playstation EVERY year, with new features that were trivial at best.
  • American.Loo
    edited March 2011
    Options

a camera

thinner

better battery

a USB port

See. Look at this ? .

You think with ALL the million dollar minds NO ONE thought to put these things on the Ipad1???

Nah, ? said, "leave those OFF, so we can put em on the Ipad2 NEXT YEAR and make Ipad1 users feel like ? ."

I'll wait til the Ipad4 drops. By then, there should be some real advancement.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The next one will come in new colors
  • deadpoolRKO
    deadpoolRKO Members Posts: 441
    edited March 2011
    Options
    See. Look at this ? .

You think with ALL the million dollar minds NO ONE thought to put these things on the Ipad1???

Nah, ? said, "leave those OFF, so we can put em on the Ipad2 NEXT YEAR and make Ipad1 users feel like ? ."

I'll wait til the Ipad4 drops. By then, there should be some real advancement.

exactly why i don't have one.

it's the same pattern they did with iphone.

i'll just wait 2 years then it will have

a camera

a front camera

video recording

HD Retina Display.

( see a pattern ? )
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    exactly why i don't have one.

it's the same pattern they did with iphone.

i'll just wait 2 years then it will have

a camera

a front camera

video recording

HD Retina Display.

( see a pattern ? )

How is this different from any other phone/tablet manufacturer? How many different models of BB Curves are there, Nexus 1 to Nexus S, you dont think there will be a Xoom2 next year, Galaxy Tab2???
  • jermfrassoutt
    jermfrassoutt Members Posts: 115
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? is dumb for buyin that ?
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Options

a camera

thinner

better battery Wrong

a USB port Wrong

It has a new dual core processor, and a 9x faster GPU while still maintaing the industry leading 10 hours battery time and one month standby. Two cameras (720p on the rear), its 1/3 thinner than the previous gen, gyroscope, and iOS 4.3. HDMI out with full 1080p mirror output.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You are correct TS, actually the first ipad came out 9 months ago. I have one that i carry for work ( i can't say use because there's nothing productive about it) it's a toy at best. It's typical apple stuff, it's a good idea but it takes 3 or 4 iterations before you get something useful.
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You are correct TS, actually the first ipad came out 9 months ago. I have one that i carry for work ( i can't say use because there's nothing productive about it) it's a toy at best. It's typical apple stuff, it's a good idea but it takes 3 or 4 iterations before you get something useful.

Wrong, it's been out for a year.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »

yeah, sure why not.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

iPad was released on April 3rd, 2010 for the WiFi version, WiFi+3G was released on April 30th, 2010.

Not quite a year yet.
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    iPad was released on April 3rd, 2010 for the WiFi version, WiFi+3G was released on April 30th, 2010.

Not quite a year yet.

Your joking right...
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The apd will never replace the laptop. as long as u have to go through itunes to do everything it cant compare. You would think they would have a flash drive port or something..
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The apd will never replace the laptop. as long as u have to go through itunes to do everything it cant compare. You would think they would have a flash drive port or something..

The iPad already killed netbooks (when everyone said it wouldnt), flash drives??? What is this 2005? With cloud servers laptops are going to be irrelevant in 5 years as well.
  • Kidjudge
    Kidjudge Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sell it on Ebay
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ya'll go to remember, Apple updates their products EVERY year. That's why I didn't buy the Ipad when it dropped last year and despite that Verizon now has the iphone, I 'm waiting because the iphone 5 will drop in the summer.

The Ipad is great. Especially if you jailbreak it. You can get apps for free. I read and have a ton of pdf files, so having an Ipad is a must. Plus wth the Ipad 2, you can now edit movies.

I can't front. I'm feeling that Xoom too...
  • American.Loo
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you have a laptop and iphone, of what benefit is an Ipad?
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you have a laptop and iphone, of what benefit is an Ipad?

Its a much better mobile computing device.

Nothing better than the iPad on a long distance flight 10 hour battery life with heavy video watching and gaming. Nothing better than watching something on TV while surfing the net, answering emails, editing docs etc. Doctors and dentists use it as chart replacements and some use it to educate their patients on what procedure will be used. Sales people can use it to update their CRMs, client lists and present presentations without the cumbersome laptop. Reading ebooks, comics, magazines are far easier on an iPad than on a laptop.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its a much better mobile computing device.

Nothing better than the iPad on a long distance flight 10 hour battery life with heavy video watching and gaming. Nothing better than watching something on TV while surfing the net, answering emails, editing docs etc. Doctors and dentists use it as chart replacements and some use it to educate their patients on what procedure will be used. Sales people can use it to update their CRMs, client lists and present presentations without the cumbersome laptop. Reading ebooks, comics, magazines are far easier on an iPad than on a laptop.

yeah but for the everyday average joe regular ? , its useless. just another toy.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    yeah but for the everyday average joe regular ? , its useless. just another toy.

Cats with laptops only use that ? for internet and music. Maybe watch a movie on it every now and again. With an ipad, all it does is take away having to carry around a laptop everywhere you go, and it only offers the most popular things you would most likely use a laptop for. So yes it is just another expensive ass toy.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My wife just got a free Motorola Xoom from her job. Which is exactly like an Ipad, except it's an android tablet. After playing with it for a few days, like anyother tablet it's fun and have a lot of things that'll make you say "o, that's cool" But it's not worth 500 bucks. I would've never even bothered with one if it wasn't for the fact my girl got one for free.
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »

What are you talking about? The average everyday Joe its perfect. The average user is doing just that surfing the web, reading magazines, books, comics, emails, movies, etc.

LOL...@ cats acting like they are hacking the pentagon 24/7 with their laptops.