Does ? Have The Power To Make The Devil And Hell Nonexistent?

Options
TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited February 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Then why doesnt he just do that instead of sendin innocent people who have no way of knowing of his existence outside of a tampered translation book to hell? is this like a sick joke or something?

Comments

• oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Good question. Reminds me Epicurus:

“Is ? willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him ? ?”
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes. He does.

Just get control of himself and the "devil" becomes non existent.
  • HoodWarrior
    HoodWarrior Members Posts: 36
    edited February 2010
    Options
    not a sick joke..called free will
  • HoodWarrior
    HoodWarrior Members Posts: 36
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He can show you the way, but up to you to follow it....
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Innocent people? Tampered book? elaborate please
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Does ? Have The Power To Make The Devil And Hell Nonexistent?

I believe He could, but for what? What would be the reason why? Because of our understanding what we believe evil and suffering to be? What if there is more to evil and suffering than just the obvious disasters and sicknesses of the world. What if it's about the conditions of our souls? What if evil came in the form of something good like...a morally good upbringing, or the best education? What if becoming rich and successful is doing more harm than good...that it's committing an evil and it's suppressing a truth that our souls are blind to?

What if all of a sudden, the world is rid of wars and everyone is not suffering the physical aspects of evil and suffering and experience years and years of thinking that everything is O.K. when it is not?
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? is almighty,he can rid of anybody he feels like it
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    who is innocent?

"Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" Proverbs 20:9

Again, who can say they are innocent when they stand before ? to be judged?

"Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins." Ecclesiastes 7:20

Again, inform me who these innocent people are TxMade.
  • TX_Made713
    edited February 2010
    Options
    who is innocent?

"Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" Proverbs 20:9

Again, who can say they are innocent when they stand before ? to be judged?

"Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins." Ecclesiastes 7:20

Again, inform me who these innocent people are TxMade.

Let the muslims tell it, your using the white mans bible
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    Let the muslims tell it, your using the white mans bible
    You failed to answer the question. Who is innocent?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What or who is the devil and hell first, then we shall be able to understand if they are 'erasable'.
  • demandred
    demandred Members Posts: 142
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone.

Rev 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."

The Bible promises that Hell, and everything that belongs with it will be done away with.....

So the answer to your question is Yes.....
  • TX_Made713
    edited February 2010
    Options
    demandred wrote: »
    Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone.

Rev 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."

The Bible promises that Hell, and everything that belongs with it will be done away with.....

So the answer to your question is Yes.....

I read that verse. But then bible goes back and says you will burn in hell for eternity...eternity means forever...so which is it?

and why does the devil have to exist at all?
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I read that verse. But then bible goes back and says you will burn in hell for eternity...eternity means forever...so which is it?

Good exchange.......Now, TX, try thinking about this one in the context of a being that transcends linear time. It's already done.

.......There's your answer!!!

PEACE
  • demandred
    demandred Members Posts: 142
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Good exchange.......Now, TX, try thinking about this one in the context of a being that transcends linear time. It's already done.

PEACE

I agree, def good come back :)

Well when you understand that hell literally means separation from ? , and that burn is you feeling yourself removed from ? 's protection and presence... in that context...once ? makes hell nonexistent, you will literally exist in separation from ? for eternity... you will be nonexistent, because ? will limit his existence to involve those that only desire his presence..on the grand scale this is an ultimate test of mankind... can you do what is required in order to guarantee yourself a permanent place in utopia.. thats if you believe there is one... some people limit themselves to believing this is all is all there is to life... but whats funny is we laugh at the people of ancient times... but they made great advancements in numerous areas that we do not embrace....its all a matter of your personal opinion though, and what you are willing to embrace as truth...

Satan has to exist to separate those that do and that don't, but perhaps ? will give Mr Lucifer his own little world after he boots him outta his... who knows....
  • TX_Made713
    edited February 2010
    Options

PEACE

Good answer...but going back to your theory, ? knew he wanted to create life and assume he wanted us to be peaceful (eat from the tree of life) for eternity. So If ? knew satan would turn on him and screw over man kind to get sent to hell, why did he create him in the first place? Shouldnt he have known this was going to happen?

PEACE
  • TX_Made713
    edited February 2010
    Options
    demandred wrote: »
    I agree, def good come back :)

Well when you understand that hell literally means separation from ? , and that burn is you feeling yourself removed from ? 's protection and presence... in that context...once ? makes hell nonexistent, you will literally exist in separation from ? for eternity... you will be nonexistent, because ? will limit his existence to involve those that only desire his presence..on the grand scale this is an ultimate test of mankind... can you do what is required in order to guarantee yourself a permanent place in utopia.. thats if you believe there is one... some people limit themselves to believing this is all is all there is to life... but whats funny is we laugh at the people of ancient times... but they made great advancements in numerous areas that we do not embrace....its all a matter of your personal opinion though, and what you are willing to embrace as truth...

Satan has to exist to separate those that do and that don't, but perhaps ? will give Mr Lucifer his own little world after he boots him outta his... who knows....

Peep my response to him
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Good answer...but going back to your theory, ? knew he wanted to create life and assume he wanted us to be peaceful (eat from the tree of life) for eternity. So If ? knew satan would turn on him and screw over man kind to get sent to hell, why did he create him in the first place? Shouldnt he have known this was going to happen?

PEACE

I think 'satan' is a natural 'byproduct' of the conscience, the ego. ? I would assume has it also, but transcends it.
  • TX_Made713
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think 'satan' is a natural 'byproduct' of the conscience, the ego. ? I would assume has it also, but transcends it.

So you dont believe in the devil being an actual being but more like a state of mind
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So you dont believe in the devil being an actual being but more like a state of mind

I don't believe the devil is a being that exist outside of man's mind.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited February 2010
    Options

PEACE

You assume that because it happened He didn't know it would happen instead of realizing that He knew it would happen and already planned for it?
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't believe the devil is a being that exist outside of man's mind.
    lol. thats good. even tho the devil is a spirit. But you got a point to a certain extent
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol. thats good. even tho the devil is a spirit. But you got a point to a certain extent

You could exchange 'spirit' for 'being'. Either way, the only place to find the devil is inside of man.