Who else is checkin for Nneka?

Still Cool Beans
Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Anybody else checkin for this chick Nneka from Nigeria. I was just put on to her a couple weeks ago and I'ma straight stan now lol This chick is the truth. "Heartbeat" is one of my favorite songs right now and her album is the business. She reminds me of a mixture between Erykah, Lauryn and throw in some Marley. Her mannerisms in a lot of her interviews remind me of Bob actually. Anybody else up on her? Opinions?

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    I like her. Had to check her out after the Chase and Status remix of Heartbeat was blowing up. Ended up with her 'No Longer At Ease' album on my MP3 player last summer which I was proper impressed with. She's definitely one to watch for the future
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited February 2010
    I like her. Had to check her out after the Chase and Status remix of Heartbeat was blowing up. Ended up with her 'No Longer At Ease' album on my MP3 player last summer which I was proper impressed with. She's definitely one to watch for the future

Yeah I plan on coppin that "No Longer At Ease" and that "Victim of Truth" friday when I get paid. From my understanding "Concrete Jungle" is a collection of some of the songs from those two albums put together for her US release so I need to hear the rest of them songs. I'm mad cause I found out she was just across the way from me in B-more like a couple weeks ago. I would love to see her live. Hopefully she come through DC soon. A few other tracks I'm really diggin on the album is that "Walking", "Suffri" and "Africans". That album just goes hard man.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    I'm checkin. when does the album drop? I just looked her up and she's dope. I'm definitely supporting her from this day on
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited February 2010
    I'm checkin. when does the album drop? I just looked her up and she's dope. I'm definitely supporting her from this day on

Album is already out actually. It came out on the 2nd. She also has two previous albums ("Victim of Truth" and "No Longer At Ease") that were released in Africa and Europe. I need to get my hands on them.