Saigon album >> Lupe album

Options
Mr.Burns
Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
edited March 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Trill talk my ninjas. Lupe album sound like a techno mixtape. I like Lupe and everything but be real with yourself folks, the album is gabbage. Saigon on the other hand put out a dope album, front to back no tracks to skip. Just Blaze out did himself on this one.

Comments

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    c/s

yall ? hold lupe to a higher stance than he should be, easily one of the most overrated mc in the ic
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited March 2011
    Options
    seems like lupe ain't gonna recovering from that dud he dropped
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    seems like lupe ain't gonna recovering from that dud he dropped

and thats not his fault you people expect to much outta thia ? , i could see he was jay or nas or some ? like that
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and thats not his fault you people expect to much outta thia ? , i could see he was jay or nas or some ? like that

it's all his fault, that ? should've just bit the bullet and took it in stride instead of complaining about the ?
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Sauce just gave Sai 4.5 mics.
  • RebelliousIntrovert
    RebelliousIntrovert Members Posts: 214
    edited March 2011
    Options
    SMH, how can you say such a thing, did you actually LISTEN to Lupe's album, or just skip the songs because of the beats? - People are used to that Pro & Soundtrakk sound on a Lupe album & this is the 1st time they've heard him over more "commercial" beats, the other hits weren't commercial beats, but commercially accepted. I watched people's reviews for days & days since LASERS dropped, & still supported 2wice (iTunes & hard copy), & I have gotta say this, the MESSAGE in the lyrics are still there, get past hearing Lupe over those types of beats, & accept it for what it's worth, I can't say it's a classic like F&L or The Cool, but I can say it lives up to it's hype. Lupe compromised on this album, & like it was discussed, sometimes you have to, for the greater good of the bigger picture, but he's far from overrated, if you make statements like that, you are simply an ignorant listener.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not lyrically but overall yeah.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    SMH, how can you say such a thing, did you actually LISTEN to Lupe's album, or just skip the songs because of the beats? - People are used to that Pro & Soundtrakk sound on a Lupe album & this is the 1st time they've heard him over more "commercial" beats, the other hits weren't commercial beats, but commercially accepted. I watched people's reviews for days & days since LASERS dropped, & still supported 2wice (iTunes & hard copy), & I have gotta say this, the MESSAGE in the lyrics are still there, get past hearing Lupe over those types of beats, & accept it for what it's worth, I can't say it's a classic like F&L or The Cool, but I can say it lives up to it's hype. Lupe compromised on this album, & like it was discussed, sometimes you have to, for the greater good of the bigger picture, but he's far from overrated, if you make statements like that, you are simply an ignorant listener.

X............................................ this is like the hundreth lupe hate thread. ? need to just get over it and except the album for what it is.
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah saigons albums is many levels above this average album. I think lupe is making a bigger deal out of atlantics involvement then he makes out
  • Mr.Burns
    edited March 2011
    Options

Nahh my G, Lupe dumbed it down to double his dollars on this one. Lasers reminds me of Blueprint 3. Straight eruo pop techno gabbage, I felt like Lupe wasn't even trying on this album. He spit some lazy half ass rhymes. I like Lupe and I think his last two were hella dope but he doesn't get a pass on the wack train just cause he usta spit intelligent. If you're objective then you can't lie to yourself this album is trash. I'm glad I downloaded it instead of actually buying it. Saigon will def get my instore vote.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dope beats and fly lyrics... one of which Lasers was missing

TGSNT ? all over Lasers... its not even close
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    Trill talk my ninjas. Lupe album sound like a techno mixtape. I like Lupe and everything but be real with yourself folks, the album is gabbage. Saigon on the other hand put out a dope album, front to back no tracks to skip. Just Blaze out did himself on this one.
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    Nahh my G, Lupe dumbed it down to double his dollars on this one. Lasers reminds me of Blueprint 3. Straight eruo pop techno gabbage, I felt like Lupe wasn't even trying on this album. He spit some lazy half ass rhymes. I like Lupe and I think his last two were hella dope but he doesn't get a pass on the wack train just cause he usta spit intelligent. If you're objective then you can't lie to yourself this album is trash. I'm glad I downloaded it instead of actually buying it. Saigon will def get my instore vote.

Preach. That ? was doo doo. The tracks he leaked turned out to be the best ones on the album, and I was thinking the total opposite, or at least hoping so.

Sai on the other hand, out did himself.
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Dope beats and fly lyrics... one of which Lasers was missing

TGSNT ? all over Lasers... its not even close

Cosign
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    thats saigons 1st album and it took him 8 years to put out so you cant really compare if anything compare their 1st albums
  • Mr.Burns
    edited March 2011
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    thats saigons 1st album and it took him 8 years to put out so you cant really compare if anything compare their 1st albums

Listen we're not comparing the two rappers here. We're comparing two individual ALBUMS. Lupe has enough notches under his belt to claim a higher spot than Saigon but with the release of these two albums Sai wins. So the score right now is

Lupe: 2/3

Saigon: 1/1
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i need to cop that saigon album
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If Lupe never came out with Lasers people still wouldnt have been happy...it was a lose lose situation....Saigon shoulda made a classic, it took 5 years to drop
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If Lupe never came out with Lasers people still wouldnt have been happy...it was a lose lose situation....Saigon shoulda made a classic, it took 5 years to drop

you act like classics can just be made, like ? can say imma make a classic and just make 1
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2011
    Options
    that Saigon alum aint ? compared to Lupe.
    I listened to it cuz ? was acting like it as RD or something classic.
    Got lupe's album and recovery and left Saigon where it was
  • Puff-A-Lot
    Puff-A-Lot Members Posts: 143
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Co-sign thread title. I was really looking forward to Lasers, but that ? sounds like a lady gaga album for real. ? outta here lupe, if I want some poppy ? Ill buy something from the young money roster.

GSNT is still on heavy rotation though. Saigon is the truth. Real hiphop ? .
  • truth spitter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you act like classics can just be made, like ? can say imma make a classic and just make 1

Like I said....5 WHOLE YEARS to make your DEBUT...and it aint a classic...? u have ur whole life to make that 1 album...
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jus blaze beats>>>>saigon's message

saigon's album was forgettable at best...dude needs to focus on what he's trying to say...is he a militant, leader for the people, thug, etc...dude sounds bipolar on some of his song...if i had to pick between sai and lupe's album...i go with tgsnt for the simple fact that atleast its hip hop and not whatever the ? lupe was trying to do
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Like I said....5 WHOLE YEARS to make your DEBUT...and it aint a classic...? u have ur whole life to make that 1 album...

Can't Cosign this. Yeah he has 5 years to make great music which is what it was. You can't just decide to have a classic. iMO saigons albums is = to get rich
  • truth spitter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jus blaze beats>>>>saigon's message

saigon's album was forgettable at best...dude needs to focus on what he's trying to say...is he a militant, leader for the people, thug, etc...dude sounds bipolar on some of his song...if i had to pick between sai and lupe's album...i go with tgsnt for the simple fact that atleast its hip hop and not whatever the ? lupe was trying to do

COSIGN. And I like Saigon, I know it might look like I dont cause I was disappointed in the album. It just wasn't what I thought it would be.
  • truth spitter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can't Cosign this. Yeah he has 5 years to make great music which is what it was. You can't just decide to have a classic. iMO saigons albums is = to get rich

man I'm lookin at ur GOAT list and we got bout 4-5 of the same cats...but Saigon @ #10 lol...your opinion on this is kinda bias...I think Saigon had the creativity, production, and TIME to make an undisputed gem...the title of the album just screams classic...too bad it wasn't
  • Puff-A-Lot
    Puff-A-Lot Members Posts: 143
    edited March 2011
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »

I can compare the two perfectly well. Lasers sucks ass, GSNT is dope....