Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Essence
*Completed*

TheEssencePlaylistoftheMonthMarch2011.jpg
Playlist art courtesy of rxthizzle.

The Essence Playlist of the Month March 2011

Thanks to all who contributed, the mix runs 14 tracks and is a great mix, thanks especially to the poster who uploaded the Rise tracks - which are definitely my favourites. As always I tried to make the tracks flow as best I could. Enjoy the mix :tu

Tracklist:

01 Termanology - Spazz Out
02 Actual Proof Featuring Big Remo - Let Cha Know
03 Rise and The Avid Record Collector Featuring Substantial - New York
04 Inverse - I Believe
05 Rise and the Avid Record Collector - Rise Anthem
06 Grieves - Kings
07 CunninLynguists Featuring Big Krit - Murder (Act II)
08 Pharoahe Monch Featuring Citizen Cope - The Grand Illusion (Circa 1973)
09 Ralph Dog Featuring Sadat X, Kurious, Blaq Poet, A.G., Pacewon, Sean Price & Papoose - We Don't Give a ?
10 Classified Featuring Brother Ali - Maybe It's Just Me
11 Sleep (of Oldominion) - Ginelli
12 Lynkle Featuring Funky DL, Guile & Versatile E - Lyrics No Stress
13 The Roots with The Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Dillchestra - Antiquity
14 Apani - Picture This

I'm heading out on a trip so I'll only be back posting next Tuesday/Wednesday. Thanks to all who keep the sub-forum ticking as always!! :tu

Original Post:
RuffDraft wrote:
The Essence Playlist of the Month for February is now completed and can be downloaded from the thread here:

The Essence Playlist of the Month February 2011

The Essence Playlist of the Month for March is here though; and involves, as always, members dropping the two tracks that they are playing heavily from Independent/Underground Artists.

How it works:

Posters upload their two favourite tracks that they've been playing of late and up them to mediafire.com. The links are then posted here in this thread and at the end of the month, I'll upload them all as one succinct playlist that flows like water. If 10 posters participate, that's a 20 song playlist for us to bump in March whilst the March playlist of the month is populated. It works well and should make for another great thread :tu The only rule is that the music MUST be from an Independent, Underground or under-the-radar artist, The Roots and similar artists CAN be contributed to the thread, but 50 Cent and other mega superstars are NOT to be included.

How to upload to mediafire.com:
Visit www.mediafire.com
Click on the big green button entitled 'UPLOAD to mediafire'
Click on 'Click Here To Upload'
Select 'Browse' and find the tracks that you wish to upload from the correct folder on your computer.
Once selected, select 'upload more files' and select your next track.
Finally, select 'Begin Uploading Files' and your two tracks will be uploaded to mediafire.
Once completed, the website will present you with a URL (link) that will allow others to view your files. Copy this link and copy it into your post in this thread.

Enjoy old Essence Playlist of the Months, Artist of the Months and Essence Essentials (Playlists created by members), in the Essence Essentials: Mixes Both Old and New + Artist of the Months thread.

Upload those two Independent/Underground tracks that you've been playing this month, let's make another great playlist and find some new artists :tu

Comments