Why Movie Adaptions OF Comics Sometimes Suck

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Quite Comical
We've all watched a film adaption of a comic book and often wondered where these dudes get some of these wack ass random ideas from. After watching this clip, your question will be answered. Oh yeah, this ? is funny as hell too.

This is from "An Evening With Kevin Smith."

Comments

• TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lmfao

funny sheeit dudes in hollywood r fuccin nutss
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cuz they just take the characters and try to make a hollywood movie...

when they base them off of graphic novels, or an actual popular storyline saga from one of the comics.. it's much better..

but when they just try to freestyle it into what they think would be cool.. it sucks ass...
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dont get why they keep using the same characters over and over. DC and Marvel have ass load of characters with good back stories nooooooo. Superman, Batman, and Spiderman have 32 movies combined. But I have to give props to DC cause the Dark Knight movies were dope. I do like the direction Marvel is headed in now too. DC still seems to be stuck though.
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    HAHAHA! Thats funny as hell, man.

It does really seem like a load of rich ? make the films and have never read a comic book in their life.

Tim Burton was never a comic book fan either.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dont get why they keep using the same characters over and over. DC and Marvel have ass load of characters with good back stories nooooooo. Superman, Batman, and Spiderman have 32 movies combined. But I have to give props to DC cause the Dark Knight movies were dope. I do like the direction Marvel is headed in now too. DC still seems to be stuck though.

As much as I'd love to see other characters get more shine....its not gonna happen. The reason those 3 get all the movies is because they have the largest NON-COMIC fan base. And the studios are in this to make money...thats it. Nobody is going to go watch a Booster Gold or Mr. Terrific movie.
  • Mr. Terrific
    Mr. Terrific Members Posts: 483
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    As much as I'd love to see other characters get more shine....its not gonna happen. The reason those 3 get all the movies is because they have the largest NON-COMIC fan base. And the studios are in this to make money...thats it. Nobody is going to go watch a Booster Gold or Mr. Terrific movie.

i would watch that movie. the black man version of course.
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited April 2011
    Options

Yes...Yes I would...
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited April 2011
    Options
    We've all watched a film adaption of a comic book and often wondered where these dudes get some of these wack ass random ideas from. After watching this clip, your question will be answered. Oh yeah, this ? is funny as hell too.

This is from "An Evening With Kevin Smith."

This video is a perfect reminder as to why all comicbook movie property should be reverted back to their rightful owner...
    Kevin Smith is hilarious
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    because they are trying to appeal to the masses... instead of doing whats right... hollywood always ? things up
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

The reason why comics are hot properities and every character is being translated to the big screen is because of Blade. Blade is probably a "b," or "c" list Marvel character. Unless you you're familiar with the Marvel Universe, you didn't know who the ? Blade was. Also, until the success of Blade, Marvel's success with movies was analogus to a nerd's success with chicks, non-existent.

Depending on who did the screenplay, who directed and who starred in it, people would flock to a Booster Gold and Mr. Terrific movie. If Hollywood won't didn't comic book movies were viable, we wouldn't of gotten, Jonah Hex, Constatine, Kick Ass, Watchmen, the Green Hornet, and to a lesser extent G.I. JOE and Transformers.

An action adventure comedy buddy movie featuring Booster Gold and Blue Bettle would be funny as hell if done properly. I even have a title for the project, Blue and Gold.