Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    35 minutes? Nah they can keep that. But I agree with the sentiment
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    you have to wonder why guys like Sting don't voice their concerns more backstage

he knows its a ? product that mimics everything WCW did wrong
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    you have to wonder why guys like Sting don't voice their concerns more backstage

he knows its a ? product that mimics everything WCW did wrong

who knows...
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Sting is never there to know what kind of product he's associated himself with.

He only arrives on the days he's scheduled to and then he leaves.

I doubt he cares, or at least he stopped caring enough to elevate TNA in the early 2000s when he first signed while they were still doing weekly PPVs.

Right now, IMO, Sting is only there to pad his pension and add a few more title reigns to his resume (all of which, at this point have a * next to them). You can't beat 500K a year to wrestle maybe 20-30 matches during the year. And he's signed at least 4 of these types of contracts with TNA, so he's raked in at least 2milli before taxes to basically do nothing. It's not like he tried to help, but TNA in itself is a ? product. Until they can get the right people in place that knows what they're doing, from management to the writers, to the right mix of talent, then TNA will continue to be what it is.

There's no one or anything that can help TNA but organized management and fresh ideas.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Who they need are some of the wrestling heads on this forum to get things going. We got the imagination
  • Mally_G
    edited March 2011
    Ksmart wrote: »
    Who they need are some of the wrestling heads on this forum to get things going. We got the imagination

i don't have a twitter account, but i'm sure someone here does and they need to holla at Dixie Carter, spit some of that izm her way, and fool her into giving up a piece of creative. That's how Hogan and Bischoff got into power and they have a history of ? up company's. So imagine if you come with the positive, the panties will not only get wet but you'll have a stake in a failing wrestling organization.

Can someone please fire up their twitter, holla at Dixie, and save that sinking ship named TNA?

But all jokes aside, logic doesn't seem to have a place in wrestling anymore.....so whatever ideas smart fans come up with or complain that they've seen an illogical angle on TV and a solution for it, won't work.

What wrestling in general needs to do is cut down on the amount of TV time it has. 2-3 hours per week, spread out (Monday night and Saturday morning/evening), and a quarterly PPV is fine by me. At least it allows the writers to come up with something sensible and complete and not have to rush scripts every week for a whole slew of wrestlers. At least this way, they dont' have to showcase the same wrestler each show, and they can build new guys up via squash matches and other interactions. It'll also allow the fans to anticipate the next show and the finish of certain feuds at those quarterly PPVs. Simply put, if they go back to the program scheduling of the 80s and early 90s, wrestling would be fine.

But more $$ through sponsorships and other deals has driven wrestling into the ground
  • genocide_cutter
    edited March 2011
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i don't have a twitter account, but i'm sure someone here does and they need to holla at Dixie Carter, spit some of that izm her way, and fool her into giving up a piece of creative. That's how Hogan and Bischoff got into power and they have a history of ? up company's. So imagine if you come with the positive, the panties will not only get wet but you'll have a stake in a failing wrestling organization.

Can someone please fire up their twitter, holla at Dixie, and save that sinking ship named TNA?

But all jokes aside, logic doesn't seem to have a place in wrestling anymore.....so whatever ideas smart fans come up with or complain that they've seen an illogical angle on TV and a solution for it, won't work.

What wrestling in general needs to do is cut down on the amount of TV time it has. 2-3 hours per week, spread out (Monday night and Saturday morning/evening), and a quarterly PPV is fine by me. At least it allows the writers to come up with something sensible and complete and not have to rush scripts every week for a whole slew of wrestlers. At least this way, they dont' have to showcase the same wrestler each show, and they can build new guys up via squash matches and other interactions. It'll also allow the fans to anticipate the next show and the finish of certain feuds at those quarterly PPVs. Simply put, if they go back to the program scheduling of the 80s and early 90s, wrestling would be fine.

But more $$ through sponsorships and other deals has driven wrestling into the ground

Someone hire this guy for tna
  • Mally_G
    edited March 2011
    Someone hire this guy for tna

It's true though.

2-3 hours on Monday nights
    ECW/that other show (seriously, i drew a blank on the name) used to be 1 hour on Tuesdays, but you can still catch it on the WWE website
    2-3 hour replay of RAW on one of those Spanish channels
    2 hours of TNA iMPACT! on Thursdays
    2 hours of Smackdown on Syfy

im not sure if SpikeTV still does Saturday morning replays of iMPACT!, if so, 2 more hours
    im not sure if USA still has that RAW AM show, if so, 30 minutes to 1 more hour

So if you add up ALLLLL the wrestling shows that's accessible on cable, regular TV, and the internet, we're looking at 7 definite hours of wrestling, with 2 hours of replays and 2-3 hours of possible replays and other shows.........per week. That's 11 hours per week of wrestling. That's too much; wrestling overload. Especially when the product is ? right now; I think the first thing you would want to do is cut down on the programming to get your ? together before forcing more ? down people's throats. Or everything will start looking like the dying days of WCW and the current TNA product on TV. That's the worse thing, seeing the company die a painful death in front of you, and they have to play it off as if nothing is wrong. Yet, TNA constantly writes their "original" wrestlers ? in the ring about WWE/WCW dudes coming in and taking their spots and the writers aren't writing anything to get the "original" talent over in the ring or storyline wise so TNA won't have to go out and buy high priced "big named" wrestlers that have no buzz or value to TNA.

Cut the number of hours down and concentrate on character development, and wrestling will be fine. Sometimes it helps to channel how they did it in the old days where the fans were emotionally involved; that's when wrestling was hot.
  • genocide_cutter
    edited March 2011
    Mally_G wrote: »
    It's true though.

2-3 hours on Monday nights
    ECW/that other show (seriously, i drew a blank on the name) used to be 1 hour on Tuesdays, but you can still catch it on the WWE website
    2-3 hour replay of RAW on one of those Spanish channels
    2 hours of TNA iMPACT! on Thursdays
    2 hours of Smackdown on Syfy

im not sure if SpikeTV still does Saturday morning replays of iMPACT!, if so, 2 more hours
    im not sure if USA still has that RAW AM show, if so, 30 minutes to 1 more hour

So if you add up ALLLLL the wrestling shows that's accessible on cable, regular TV, and the internet, we're looking at 7 definite hours of wrestling, with 2 hours of replays and 2-3 hours of possible replays and other shows.........per week. That's 11 hours per week of wrestling. That's too much; wrestling overload. Especially when the product is ? right now; I think the first thing you would want to do is cut down on the programming to get your ? together before forcing more ? down people's throats. Or everything will start looking like the dying days of WCW and the current TNA product on TV. That's the worse thing, seeing the company die a painful death in front of you, and they have to play it off as if nothing is wrong. Yet, TNA constantly writes their "original" wrestlers ? in the ring about WWE/WCW dudes coming in and taking their spots and the writers aren't writing anything to get the "original" talent over in the ring or storyline wise so TNA won't have to go out and buy high priced "big named" wrestlers that have no buzz or value to TNA.

Cut the number of hours down and concentrate on character development, and wrestling will be fine. Sometimes it helps to channel how they did it in the old days where the fans were emotionally involved; that's when wrestling was hot.

Yes raw still has the a.m versoin that noone watches
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Idont get it there are still loyal TNA fans and haters, at the end of he day TNA has supposedly been waving the flag since 2008... but as long as it's alive people will watch it no matter what even KTULU will show up to every tna thread cuz he watches tna in secrecy. SMH @ people overreacting cuz Zuffa bought out Strikeforce.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I know damn well TNA is not about to have Bubba Ray Dudley anywhere near the main event
  • genocide_cutter
    edited March 2011
    I know damn well TNA is not about to have Bubba Ray Dudley anywhere near the main event

and they did
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited March 2011
  • genocide_cutter
    edited March 2011
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    aj needa jump ship asap...

? witrh wwe...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I swear in a 2 hour show last night there was only like 25 minutes of wrestling on Impact
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    tna needs to realize that they're a niche company they aren't on wwe's level at all, so why not use all the young guys and make them their stars, and use guys like hogan and flair and sting in lesser roles. tna should put all their young guys in main event spots and build from there. so if tna ever gets close to the wwe's level those guys are established as "tna stars".
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited March 2011
    you still never unbanned my old names jamaica
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited March 2011
    jamacia wrote: »
    tna needs to realize that they're a niche company they aren't on wwe's level at all, so why not use all the young guys and make them their stars, and use guys like hogan and flair and sting in lesser roles. tna should put all their young guys in main event spots and build from there. so if tna ever gets close to the wwe's level those guys are established as "tna stars".

This is what they were doing before they got the Spike TV deal sans Jeff Jarrett of course. TNA was good TV when it was on Fox Sports and maybe the first 2 years at best on Spike.
  • genocide_cutter
    edited March 2011
    I swear in a 2 hour show last night there was only like 25 minutes of wrestling on Impact

thats a big problem
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    dusouljah wrote: »
    aj needa jump ship asap...

? witrh wwe...

nah, they wouldnt let dude do ? ...

at least he can still be slightly entertaining still in tna...? used to ? it when he first started out in wildside tho..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ksmart wrote: »

lol, when i was younger, i coulda sworn vince mc mahon wasnt ? wit paul heyman or ME lol..
  • genocide_cutter
    edited March 2011
    nah, they wouldnt let dude do ? ...

at least he can still be slightly entertaining still in tna...? used to ? it when he first started out in wildside tho..

Spiral tap.