Long time no hear!!!!!!

calico_
calico_ Members Posts: 133
edited March 2011 in Fresh Produce
Whats good FP! Damn i aint been on here in a minute..anyway just wanted to get some feed on this track im having thoughts about..im not too sure on how the drums sound. Its a little different from what i normally do. I wanted them to bang but my engineering skills aint up to par. Give it a listen

http://soundcloud.com/calicobeatz/epic-produced-by-calicobeatz

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    yo, that was tight... you said you couldve tweaked the mixing a bit... if anything id say turn up the snare a bit, give the kick a little more bottom, and turn up that drum roll just slightly... dont see any other problems with it, its good how it is aside from a little cleaning up... dope ? homes
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited March 2011
    the only thing I didnt like was the drum pattern for that track. gave a different vibe from all the other elements.
  • jrbtheproducer
    jrbtheproducer Members Posts: 82
    edited March 2011
    ^ yep its great but the drum pattern needs some energy, its sort of only boom boom clap

it needs to be boom boom b b b b b cl cl cl clap ap ap ap apppppppppp

feel me son?
  • calico_
    calico_ Members Posts: 133
    edited March 2011
    ok i gotchall..i was skeptical of the drums anyway. I'll try to rework them a lil bit. Good look on the feed homies!!
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i think the drums are cool. as far as the pattern, i dont think it needs to be doin so much, i mean if the ? knock, the ? knock. me personally, i hate beats that try too hard, if that makes any sense. all these switch ups and extra ? just to be extra, i think its fine how it is....but again its personal preferences, so of course as producers we do what works for us. hot ? tho brutha.....u have yet to let me down with any beat. props. hunnids.
  • TheSouthrnGent
    TheSouthrnGent Members Posts: 37
    edited March 2011
    Maybe it's just me, but ? I like the drum pattern. Like u already said, they could knock a little harder, but I personally like when ? switches up from what one may have thought it would feel like or what it was "supposed" to feel like.