New Edition or Troop

jman252
jman252 Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
I know a lot of people are probably gonna go with New Edition but I wanna see where everyone's opinion is on both groups. Me personally I'll go with NE(I am a Troop fan as well) just because of the fact that they have longevity in the industry and were reared in the way of male R&B groups of the past like The Temptations and OJays. The only knock on Troop is that you only had two singers alternating leads but their dancing was more street heavy than New Edition.

Comments

• still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    jman252 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are probably gonna go with New Edition but I wanna see where everyone's opinion is on both groups. Me personally I'll go with NE(I am a Troop fan as well) just because of the fact that they have longevity in the industry and were reared in the way of male R&B groups of the past like The Temptations and OJays. The only knock on Troop is that you only had two singers alternating leads but their dancing was more street heavy than New Edition.

Of course Troop is a good group that's it N.E. are legends.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I cant even name a Troop song so NE ftw.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    I cant even name a Troop song so NE ftw.

All I Do remake...Spread My Wings...but NE ? all over Troop
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    really, is there a comparison and Troop were from Pasadena, I met them cats back in 1993
  • wilijamesme2
    wilijamesme2 Members Posts: 152
    edited March 2011
    New Edition by a landslide
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited March 2011
    new edition by far. no contest. i couldn't really ever get into troop all that match. everyone likes all i do, but i think that song is overrated. spreak my wings is just okayyyyy...the only song by them i like is whatever it takes. i always preferred rude boys, now they got some jams
  • young bush
    young bush Members Posts: 15
    edited March 2011
    Well, since Troop got their start LIP SYNCING New Edition on the show Puttin' on the Hits, that should answer your question. However, their lead singer Steve Russell has written and produced numerous R&B hits over the years.

Don't forget "Sweet November"
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    young bush wrote: »
    Well, since Troop got their start LIP SYNCING New Edition on the show Puttin' on the Hits, that should answer your question. However, their lead singer Steve Russell has written and produced numerous R&B hits over the years.

Don't forget "Sweet November"

I like the Deele's version better
    Kanye-Shrug.jpg