Adrianne Palicki In Costume As Wonder Woman

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Quite Comical
I really don't understand the instance on chagning the costume. Especially one as iconic as Diana's. Oh well, I guess it's another case of "executive producers and giant spiders".

Adrianne-Palicki-Wonder-Woman_334.jpg

This is a straight up case of ambivalence. I neither like, nor dislike the cosutme. All I can say is this is a design I wouldn't have picked.

If I was going to change the costume, I would've did something along these lines:

Wonder_Woman_in_Armor_by_JasonMetcalf.jpg

One of the things that's always bother me about Diana in any of her incarnations is heer speaking voice. Diana spent her entire life on an island I would imagine that's somewhere in the Aegean Sea. Isn't it fair to say that Diana wouldn't speak English with an American accent? Shouldn't she have a Greek accent or speak English with an accent of somebody from that part of the world? I know what you're thinking, when leaving Themyscira the gods gave Diana the ability to speak English as a native American. ? ! To retain some authencity to the character, I believe Diana has an sexy Greek accent.

New Frontier Amazonian armour would've been a viable option too.

3593479240_379b2f0d8f.jpg

Comments

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i like it.

big luscious tittays in skin tight vinyl corset >>>>>
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the pants look stupid. I wouldve given her nice tight denim like she has in the comic now.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pants kinda wack but the rest is on point
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    broad has no hips
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i dont like the pants...but the rest is okay they probably should have gone with darker colors like captain america....I hope shes a warrior in this film kinda like she is in the comics and the animated movie
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited March 2011
    Options
    seems cartoonish and childish.. i prefer the grimey type remakes of comics.. i m more into them.. but i never been into comic books like that or know the stories..

that drawing is tight tho.. i agree it shoulda been along those lines.. u draw that?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    on second glance she doesnt really look like wonder woman in the face....she not ugly but her body type just doesnt match the comics
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • Maximus Rex
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They remixed the suit. I still say lends towards the wackness. The pants are better though.

wonder-woman-new-costume-set-photo-02-447x600.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The costume is still terrible, even after they tweaked it.

What was wrong with using the classic costume?
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Political correctness at its finest--although the current WW I think has pants as well. They could've done away with the stars on the side tho.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That ? looks terrible.
  • ra-mes1
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the costume basically looks like a halloween party knock-off for middle aged women who are trying to look sexy but don't want to show their vericose veins
  • ra-mes1
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    the costume basically looks like a halloween party knock-off for middle aged women who are trying to look sexy but don't want to show their vericose veins

Somehow I missed the fact that this was on NBC. Superhero show on NBC = almost automatic fail at this point. They will probably recycle the same writers who messed up Heroes and couldn't get the Cape to amount to anything...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    Somehow I missed the fact that this was on NBC. Superhero show on NBC = almost automatic fail at this point. They will probably recycle the same writers who messed up Heroes and couldn't get the Cape to amount to anything...

this..............
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The suit looks low budget as hell.
  • nujerz84
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    She's nowhere near fit enough, there aint another Lucy Lawless out there?
    Or a Brigette Nielson type chick? this ? looks like she could get her ass kicked by a blind midget. her face is too damn fat. ? are too big. WW isn't as Buxom.

and she damn sure don't have the mark of buddha!!!

In the wonderwoman animated movie while not thick she is curvey and got at least D size ? lol.
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wonder Woman should look like a boss out here. She aint pulling it off.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    In the wonderwoman animated movie while not thick she is curvey and got at least D size ? lol.

Coontrary to popular belief most super heroine chicks don't have big racks. We think they do because that's the way ? nerdy artist dude draw females. Before Liefeld'em came along, chicks were proportinoned.

I picture Diana being built like this chick, maybe a little bustier and a little more cut:

2.jpg

However Power Girl does have a massive rack and it's her most distinguishing feature. PG's ? are to her to what Superman's "S", shield is to him.

powergirl.gif
  • Maximus Rex
    edited April 2011
    Options

Coontrary to popular belief most super heroine chicks don't have big racks. We think they do because that's the way ? nerdy artist dude draw females. Before Liefeld'em came along, chicks were proportinoned.

I picture Diana being built like this chick, maybe a little bustier and a little more cut:

2.jpg

However Power Girl does have a massive rack and it's her most distinguishing feature. PG's ? are to her to what Superman's "S", shield is to him.

powergirl.gif
    The costume is still terrible, even after they tweaked it. What was wrong with using the classic costume?

The answer to that and many other questions are contained in the following clip:

From an "An Evening With Kevin Smith
  • nujerz84
    edited April 2011
    Options

2.jpg

powergirl.gif

I see what you mean but the pick below of WW from Animated Movie is not bad at all imo , but I wouldnt mind if WW looked like that chick in the black bra and panites...

wonderWoman.jpg

l_8138834831164514b36293e3beb0391f.jpg

^ I never read the comics so this what I always seen Wonder Woman too look like based of the cartoon which to me is alot better than what the live action show has.