Compromising in Relationships

2»

Comments

• boatright
    boatright Members Posts: 48
    edited March 2011
    blue virgo wrote: »
    I thought about other things....then I realized it has to do with preferences vs. requirements. Me not liking a guy that smokes is a preference....it's not a requirement that the guy I'm with is a non-smoker.
    That wouldn't be my second response because I already know that compromise is just something that happens in any type of relationship.

So which one do u compromise or both??
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Well you're never going to 100% agree with everyone on everything--it's just not plausible....and it's quite boring.

actually it would work well for the boring person, cuz the exciting person would bring excitement to the boring person and at the same time the exciting person can be grounded by the boring person

now suppose the exciting person compromised his or her behavior to the liking of the boring person, then you would have two boring people

kat2180 wrote: »
    So you're saying there is a person for everybody that would require no compromise? I find that really hard to believe.

same thing people would have said in the 60's if you told them they could see loved ones via skype versuses face to face
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ooookay...lol.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    boatright wrote: »
    So which one do u compromise or both??

You can compromise whatever you want for a person that you think is deserving of it.
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    actually it would work well for the boring person, cuz the exciting person would bring excitement to the boring person and at the same time the exciting person can be grounded by the boring person

now suppose the exciting person compromised his or her behavior to the liking of the boring person, then you would have two boring people

A boring person and an exciting person would disagree on things to do and how to spend idle time....so they'd have to compromise....so technically, according to your posts, they wouldn't even be in a relationship.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    defiantely gotta compromise when living together

if not you'll find yourself beefin over small ? like the temp on the thermostat

or why da ? do you have the fan blowing and it's like 40 degrees in here and you walking around cold talkin bout you need the fan on bec..................

nevermind I had a flashback
  • boatright
    edited March 2011
    A boring person and an exciting person would disagree on things to do and how to spend idle time....so they'd have to compromise....so technically, according to your posts, they wouldn't even be in a relationship.

No it wouldnt in this case becuz opposites attract...there is a curiosity there that they both want satisfied. The compromise would be for one or both to sacrifice part (or all in some cases) of their lifestyle to stay in the realationship.
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited March 2011
    You can compromise whatever you want for a person that you think is deserving of it.

not true, you've got uppity business type women who ? with thugs, ? she can go places with that ? and have fun that she would otherwise not go out of fear

then you have business type dudes who trick money to strippers off of conversation alone, why becuz their uppity business type chick bores em

now suppose the business type dude wife the stripper, ? would be peaches and cream long as she stayed wild, but naw she'll compromise and become the uppity boring chick he once was married to, and well he'll be back at the strip club looking for fun
  • boatright
    edited March 2011
    not true, you've got uppity business type women who ? with thugs, ? she can go places with that ? and have fun that she would otherwise not go out of fear

then you have business type dudes who trick money to strippers off of conversation alone, why becuz their uppity business type chick bores em

now suppose the business type dude wife the stripper, ? would be peaches and cream long as she stayed wild, but naw she'll compromise and become the uppity boring chick he once was married to, and well he'll be back at the strip club looking for fun

C/S ES where u from homie??? Sound we cut from the same cloth LOL.
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited March 2011
    boatright wrote: »
    c/s es where u from homie??? Sound we cut from the same cloth lol.

wisco......
  • boatright
    edited March 2011
    wisco......

U must have roots in NO then...
  • Blue Virgo
    edited March 2011

That's not compromising...that's completely changing
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    http://members.tripod.com/tomleykis_101/101.html. [Ithis is some old archival ? . Leykis isn't currently on the air.[/I]
    http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?57823-No-Compromises&highlight=no+compromises

I'm a acolyte of Tom Leykis and live my social life according to the tenets of "Leykis 101." http://members.tripod.com/tomleykis_101/101.html. Anyway, I was listening to his show last week and the sagacious Leykis was commenting on some article from match.com. The article was about balancing football with your relationship. Tom lambasted the guy who wrote the article and said he was a "? ." Most importantly he made this statement. "The more you have to compromise with somebody, the more likely you shouldn't be with that person."

I thought, "damn he's right." I often here about guys who are relegated to smoking cigars outdoors on 20 degree nights or out in the garage to appease their spouses. Personally I would smoke where ever I wanted. Since it's my house and all.

I can see compromising on certain things like what to have for dinner, or whose relatives to visit for Christmas, but cigars is part of my persona, and when I meet a female that might be the first intimate detail she finds out about me, that I'm a cigar aficionado. If she can't accept that or can't stand the smell of cigar smoke, then maybe that's somebody I shouldn't be with.
  • gibbsboy
    gibbsboy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Compromise how much i play video games :(, how much sports i watch. But she loves to clean...so its worth it!!! LOL
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    You're either happy or you're not. You either know what you want or you dont.

Compromising is a waste. It just delays the inevitable for ppl too afraid to be alone.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited March 2011
    Darxwell wrote: »
    You're either happy or you're not. You either know what you want or you dont.

Compromising is a waste. It just delays the inevitable for ppl too afraid to be alone.

I have to disagree. Compromising in a relationship is pretty much similar to compromising with yourself.
    When it's just you, you might have two or more things that you want to do, but maybe not so much time to do them all for a set amount of time. So you compromise with yourself and say, "Okay, I really wanted to do A, B, & C for an hour each, but I have to be somewhere in 3 hours...so I'll just do them for 45 mins each"...or something like that.

You know exactly what you want and it's just about finding a medium to make yourself happy by completing all 3 tasks....the only difference in a relationship is that it's your want plus the want of the person that you love.

• Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    tell her to compromise these nuts in her mouth.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I stay compromising but I feel its worth it in the end.