Is Tom Hanks the Goat actor ?

The Entrepreneur
The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
edited March 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I have to say yes, and it is mainly because of his range to play any role

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    GOAT actor is kinda subjective, but Hanks is definitely in the discussion and nobody can really disagree with it.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    no but he up there
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited March 2011
    he aiint the goat but is a one of the hollywood greats

and he is mad cool, i met dude once and we spoke for a while dude is mad funny

So who is if not him cause I don't see anybody that is even close, dude has mastered Drama, Comedy, Action, Romantic movies, Kids Movies LOL nobody else has done that
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited March 2011
    If you don't think he is Goat please put whoever you think is
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Hes Good Not Great...His Likable Personality Translates Well On Screen But There Are No Performances That Really Blew Me Away...Forest Gump Came Close
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited March 2011
    Hes Good Not Great...His Likable Personality Translates Well On Screen But There Are No Performances That Really Blew Me Away...Forest Gump Came Close

Dog Forest Gump is one of the best one man shows in cinema history, a movie about nothing and he made it into a classic.

In castaway he almost turned a vollyball into a best supporting actor and you telling me he didn't blow you away. I guess you have not seen Saving Private Ryan or Road to Perdition or Philadelphia.

Please give me somebody better ?
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    So who is if not him cause I don't see anybody that is even close, dude has mastered Drama, Comedy, Action, Romantic movies, Kids Movies LOL nobody else has done that

will smith did have movies in all these genres u listed, not sayin will the goat tho
    id like to see these actors play a psychopathic killer
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited March 2011
    personally i think james stewart or peter o toole are the goat actors but its general consensus bobby d, all or jack Nicholson are considered the goats

Robert is nice and has alot of range but he can't make a romantic comedy classic like sleepless in Seattle, Robert couldn't have played the role Tom did in Green mile and no sure anybody could have turned Forest Gump into what it was
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Robert is nice and has alot of range but he can't make a romantic comedy classic like sleepless in Seattle, Robert couldn't have played the role Tom did in Green mile and no sure anybody could have turned Forest Gump into what it was

Bobby cannot pull of comedy at all...untouchable in Dramas and action...but comedy or romance....nope.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    MurillaNinjaScrilla Members Posts: 564
    edited March 2011

Daniel Day Lewis
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited March 2011
    Dog Forest Gump is one of the best one man shows in cinema history, a movie about nothing and he made it into a classic.

In castaway he almost turned a vollyball into a best supporting actor and you telling me he didn't blow you away. I guess you have not seen Saving Private Ryan or Road to Perdition or Philadelphia.

Please give me somebody better ?

Since When Is Forest Gump A One Man Show? Sally Field And Gary Sinise Turned In Equally Impressive Roles And His Mother And Lt.Dan....And No Talking To A Wilson Volleyball For 90 Minutes Doesnt Make You A GOAT Either...Ive Seen All His Movies....Even The Cheesy 80's Comedies Like BIG ....Hes A Good Solid Actor But Nothing Hes Done Is Been On Par With Laurence Of Arabia, Alex DeLarge, Travis Bickle, Citizen Kane Or Even A Randle McMurphy....

Robert DeNiro
    Jack Nicholson
    AL Pacino
    Gene Hackman

And Even Newer Cats Like

Javier Bardem
    Daniel Day Lewis
    Denzel Washington

? On Hanks
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited March 2011

Most Serious Actors Tend To Stay Away From Romantic Comedies....And Yes Bobby Has Done Comedies Like Meet The Parents And Analyze This Playing The Straight Man Which And Was Equally Funny To Ben Stiller And Billy Crystal..
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Don't get me wrong, Forrest Gump is one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in my life, but the simplicity of Forrest Gump the character really doesn't display the skill of Tom Hanks. Think about it, Forrest Gump was a simple man, slightly slow, and that was it.

A movie like Philadelphia showcased great talent, in my opinion.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Before ? start talkin all reckless about Tom Hanks.....just know he's the highest grossing actor EVER. His movies total $3.639 Billion with an average of $107 Million per film. He obviously did something right. :confused:

And anybody frontin on Forest Gump is a loser. Black, White, Asian, Indian....you love that ? , that's an American classic
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    My nigg NAWLEDGE_REIGNS dropping jewels in this thread

I think Hanks is a cool actor but a tad corny and he's fallen off big time
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Daniel Day Lewis

A muthafucking MONSTER

arts-graphics-2008_1129330a.jpg
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    No one is "frontin" on anything.

He's a great actor but the greatest?

And what does making a lot of money have to do with anything.

He has the ability to connect with people and people like his movie.

True....true....
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited March 2011
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    My nigg NAWLEDGE_REIGNS dropping jewels in this thread

I think Hanks is a cool actor but a tad corny and he's fallen off big time

Thanks Fam Somebody Had To Say Something....And Yes DDL Is A Muthafuckin Monster
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited March 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Robert Deniro is better than Hanks

Few Actors Can Disasppear Into A Role Like Deniro Hes One Of Only A Handful That Stops Acting And Becomes The Character
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Few Actors Can Disasppear Into A Role Like Deniro Hes One Of Only A Handful That Stops Acting And Becomes The Character

In terms of completely becoming the character I would have to take DDL over Bobby D. Dude literally transforms himself into the role (Bill Cutting)...its hard to differentiate him from the character.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited March 2011
    rage wrote: »
    In terms of completely becoming the character I would have to take DDL over Bobby D. Dude literally transforms himself into the role (Bill Cutting)...its hard to differentiate him from the character.

Jack LaMotta, Travis Bickle >>> Bill The Butcher, Daniel Plainview...But DDL Is One Of The Handful Of Actors I Was Referring To That Can Totally Become The Character...Unlike Tom Hanks
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited March 2011
    i think daniel day lewis is greater actor than bobby d

Opinions Are Like ? ....You Know The Rest
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Deniro used to be the GOAT to me but he's fallen off big time, he will always be capable of giving a0 GOAT performance though.

Tom Hanks is great to me but I've never considered him great. But now that I think about he's been in alot of movie where just his performance alone had carried the movie. Forrest Gump and Castaway. I mean Tom Hanks are almost in every scene start to finish and he's great in those films. Also Road to Perdition and Private Ryan are great. Toy Story...the man has an impressive resume
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    edited March 2011
    allied wrote: »
    Deniro used to be the GOAT to me but he's fallen off big time, he will always be capable of giving a0 GOAT performance though.

Tom Hanks is great to me but I've never considered him great. But now that I think about he's been in alot of movie where just his performance alone had carried the movie. Forrest Gump and Castaway. I mean Tom Hanks are almost in every scene start to finish and he's great in those films. Also Road to Perdition and Private Ryan are great. Toy Story...the man has an impressive resume

I Wouldnt Say He Fell Off But His Role Selection Since The 80's With The Exception of A Few Has Been Lousy...It's A Well Known Secret That He Took On Alot Roles For The Paycheck To Pay For The TrIbEcA Film Festival And His Developments In Manhattan
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    TOM HANKS not the GOAT.... also the more i think of Robert de niro's choices maybe he is just having fun with his films right now....he has put in enough good work already.