LE Tournament #2 ROUND ONE - love yal -VS- deaththreats

Options
raw-material_ahh
raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
edited March 2011 in Lyrical Executions
love yal -VS- deaththreats
  • Check in by Friday, March 25, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
  • Verses are due by Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
  • Voting will end on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
Rules
Mandatory 16 lines.
Only one round.
5 votes first wins or most votes wins when voting is over.
3 votes to 0 votes is a KO.
50 posts to vote unless you are participating in the tourney.
All votes MUST be explained well and no crew or hate votes.
NO FEEDING!!!
Take criticism like a man. Everyone has their own opinion. Use the Predictions/? Talking Thread to voice your opinions, not this battle thread. Lastly, caught biting will disqualify you. Good luck.

Comments

• love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *check.....check*

"Is this thang on?"
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sorry love yal about the checking in situation. You both are checked in. Let's see some verses. They are due by tomorrow night but I'm ready to start voting!
  • love yal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This Deaththreats is no deaththreats
    His threats are Living Color, don't make me laugh

Deaththreats should change his name to Deathleft
    Cuz is style is simple as checkers, he's not even on my level I'm like stress chess

On sabbath day Deaththreats couldn't be saved
    His pentecost is too different, check his nervous system, smoked lungs to waste

On the day of atonement, his speeches are raps two down rams snoring on a lake
    On the feast of booth fifeenth of day of the seventh month, Deaththreat's bones breaks

We can ride a story of tales of Deaththreats, I saw to much punk fear factor, he no comeback
    Holocaust, cereal offering when he loses gets eaten like Judus children attack

Once his cardiovascular system is checked,
    all they see capillaries destroyed next to vessels bleeding lake

Nascar race to his heart without pulmononary trunk there no oxgen
    Quit smoking or you'll ruin yo face

Stuff yo bronchiole with meldew to make yo branch artery look ugly
    You'll come wack on text...call it Grim reaper slack..
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this is one of the most coherent verses i have seen from love yal. much improved
  • deaththreats
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Strictly Business..Nothing Personal

OKAY..I come off in the thread and...DAMN...what do I see?
    a better structured verse from Love Yal and thedesolateone all on his D-I-C...
    K.......O-K-K-K, now I gotta saute', and filet, two people, to-day
    four cinder blocks one for each one of they legs and dump 'em off in the lay-k (lake)
    While love yal was typing dressed in all pink listening to his idol im bout to flip it on ‘em
    Im giving him the deuces…not Chris Brown…that OTHER brown…#2..? on ‘em
    Mr Minaj be in his battle rap thread so much I didn't think he had some decent rhymes left still
    deaththreat kills, you got that Manny Ramirez flow ya ? be in.......left field
    Im the Gift......you the Curse....Love Yal ya flow is EVERYWHERE
    HOLD ON ...<searching for a pin> to bust ya head,thedesolateone been pumpin HELIUM there
    Cause right now he probably got u thinking you better than you are
    im better by far, u subpar, lyrically.......u a tri-cycle wit 2 flats......im a sports car
    leave 'em charred, leave scars, broken shards once pressure applied watch dude ?
    no young girls, just young boys and u R Kelly, on video tapes...blowing in dude's cracks
    OUCH..im a verbal weapon, keep LEAD zepplin, no escape when I start spitting rounds
    so GET DOWN or subtract LOVE and flip YAL to LAY then add DOWN
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lmao 3x where love yal uses yo hahahahha. (last 2 verses) i find it hella funny!

Anyway, lemme stop laughing and cast my vote.

Love yal, you def improved as far as getting the message across and conveying that into a battle rap.. I think your metaphors are nice, for a minute or two I had images of what you were spittin in your verse.. However, you should really focus on some solid punchline, punchlines that will get an ahhhh or like dam, did he just say that.. That type of ? , focus on that and keep the vocabs, it'll definitely take you further into these battle tourneys.. Redundancy pays off! But I give you props for battling and coming with the creativity..

Now clearly, this leaves deaththreats to have my vote. Because he instilled what every battler does..incorporates punchlines that hit, multi's that stick after reading his verse, and over all, the flow was up to par..

I vote for deaththreats!

Thanks for letting me vote! Peace!
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I like real loveyal's verses because his style is so eclectic and I never know what I'm going to read. I could tell he is an intelligent and respect homie. The problem I have with his verse though is the last 6 lines were not rhyming to me and some of the lines were rather simple. I gotta say, I don't remember deaththreats being this good. Right off the bat I knew he wasn't gonna let up. I gotta respect both MCs BC neither wasted time talking about his sick they were. They went to work but IMO, deaththreats edged it out with a well thought out verse that packed punches. Vote - deaththreats
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Love yal: "I bomb atomically, Socrates philosophies" type lyrical flow...all those side battles you have been having have been paying off... you are like a poet when you battle, more Def Poetry Jam than punchline rapper... you used to say a lot of random ? for which I have clowned you for in the past but this is one of your strongest verses to date... need a bit of technical work to make your lines flow a bit better... had some nice metaphors but a bit vague... you need to RIP his heart outta his chest NOW not have us wait around while you ? him to death with a thousand pins...

Deaththreats: finally living up to his name... "feeding" a little bit at the beginning of your verse but the way you flipped it was funny so I'll let that slide... definitely improved your style from last tournament... nice punchlines, a few multis and switch-ups, and some of your death "threats" were death "blows"...

VOTE: Deaththreats
  • love yal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the explaination voters..0-3...good luck to Deaththreats thanks for this good match....uppin for more votes please and thanks.
  • deaththreats
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Good battle Love Yal and again it was nothing personal...preciate er'body for taking the time to read and vote...
  • deaththreats
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sniperk wrote: »
    Love yal: "I bomb atomically, Socrates philosophies" type lyrical flow...all those side battles you have been having have been paying off... you are like a poet when you battle, more Def Poetry Jam than punchline rapper... you used to say a lot of random ? for which I have clowned you for in the past but this is one of your strongest verses to date... need a bit of technical work to make your lines flow a bit better... had some nice metaphors but a bit vague... you need to RIP his heart outta his chest NOW not have us wait around while you ? him to death with a thousand pins...

Deaththreats: finally living up to his name... "feeding" a little bit at the beginning of your verse but the way you flipped it was funny so I'll let that slide... definitely improved your style from last tournament... nice punchlines, a few multis and switch-ups, and some of your death "threats" were death "blows"...

Preciate the vote, but I didn't Feed AT ALL...I don't even read my opponents post until after i'm COMPLETELY finished with my post..the only reason I said anything about the structure was because of thedesolateone's comment
  • deadpoolRKO
    deadpoolRKO Members Posts: 441
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Love Yal's verse was crazy with metaphors. , But Death Threats had some nasty punch lines. Also , the first 2 lines were nice playin on the thread.

My vote is death threats.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    love yal had a good verse i like the complexity of it..........i liked the checkers and chess thing....id much prefer to her you on a song instead of a battle, and you need to work on your rhyming a lil bit......or maybe i just didnt read it right..........

Deaththreats went in tho...too many quotables to name..from bar 4 to like 8 he went in and didnt let up

i vote for deaththreats but love yal wasnt a pushover at all
  • frozenheartwjlb
    frozenheartwjlb Members Posts: 206
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Love yal was not a pushover by any means. And I keep saying how this was much improved for him, and what not. So I might go and check his previous ? to see what yall are talkin about. But it was a solid verse. Deaththreats just came out guns blazzin on this, he came real hard. And had just his ? everything and everyone attitude, this tournament is mine. I think its pretty obvious that D.I is going to be in the final based on his track record and the verse he dropped against me. But I would like to see him up against Deaththreats, I think that would be a nice ass battle. My vote goes to Deaththreats.
  • love yal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    Lmao 3x where love yal uses yo hahahahha. (last 2 verses) i find it hella funny!

Anyway, lemme stop laughing and cast my vote.

Love yal, you def improved as far as getting the message across and conveying that into a battle rap.. I think your metaphors are nice, for a minute or two I had images of what you were spittin in your verse.. However, you should really focus on some solid punchline, punchlines that will get an ahhhh or like dam, did he just say that.. That type of ? , focus on that and keep the vocabs, it'll definitely take you further into these battle tourneys.. Redundancy pays off! But I give you props for battling and coming with the creativity..

Now clearly, this leaves deaththreats to have my vote. Because he instilled what every battler does..incorporates punchlines that hit, multi's that stick after reading his verse, and over all, the flow was up to par..

I vote for deaththreats!

Thanks for letting me vote! Peace!

Thanks tupacfan....even though you choose Deaththreats for the win match, I'ma keep focus on vocab, and build stronger on punchlines...thanks for explainion....good luck on the Tournment..I see you doing good on your verses....good luck!
  • love yal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I like real loveyal's verses because his style is so eclectic and I never know what I'm going to read. I could tell he is an intelligent and respect homie. The problem I have with his verse though is the last 6 lines were not rhyming to me and some of the lines were rather simple. I gotta say, I don't remember deaththreats being this good. Right off the bat I knew he wasn't gonna let up. I gotta respect both MCs BC neither wasted time talking about his sick they were. They went to work but IMO, deaththreats edged it out with a well thought out verse that packed punches. Vote - deaththreats

Thanks Raw-material..I been focus on my lines..Ima keep working on my rhymes..probly on of my worst problem is rhyming, but I'm stay focus, once again thanks for explaintation, thanks for letting me into tournment. I'm learning more from experince...even this is my second time battling Deaththreats, Deaththreats has many skills, but I'm continue to focus more. Thanks.
  • love yal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sniperk wrote: »

Thanks Sniperk for voting hoply next time I'll be improve much stronger punchline, Ima work on style, and Deaththreats is very good battler..good challenger, but thanks for the explaintation...good luck on the tournment.
  • love yal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Love Yal's verse was crazy with metaphors. , But Death Threats had some nasty punch lines. Also , the first 2 lines were nice playin on the thread.

My vote is death threats.

Thanks DeadpoolRkO this was a great match, I didn't get choosed, but hey...atleast I showed up....and battle Deaththreats...but thanks for voting...keep up the good work!
  • love yal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    love yal had a good verse i like the complexity of it..........i liked the checkers and chess thing....id much prefer to her you on a song instead of a battle, and you need to work on your rhyming a lil bit......or maybe i just didnt read it right..........

Deaththreats went in tho...too many quotables to name..from bar 4 to like 8 he went in and didnt let up

i vote for deaththreats but love yal wasnt a pushover at all

What's up Plap Star, thanks for voting....its not her its he..lol...well....I'm not the best rapper...but Deaththreats got skills, and getting many help from many m.cees, but I'm keep working on different styles to make my verse better...speacially my rhyming...I defintely need to work on my rhyming thanks, thanks for the advice..and Plap Star keep up your skills..good luck on your music!
  • love yal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Love yal was not a pushover by any means. And I keep saying how this was much improved for him, and what not. So I might go and check his previous ? to see what yall are talkin about. But it was a solid verse. Deaththreats just came out guns blazzin on this, he came real hard. And had just his ? everything and everyone attitude, this tournament is mine. I think its pretty obvious that D.I is going to be in the final based on his track record and the verse he dropped against me. But I would like to see him up against Deaththreats, I think that would be a nice ass battle. My vote goes to Deaththreats.

How's it going Froznheartwjib?, I'm doing good. Thanks for voting, this veres isn't my best work, but I kind rushed it, I didn't know if Deaththreats was going to show, but he did and he came very nice...like always..he's very talented as text battler...but as for me I'm always learning, thanks for explaintion, look like I didn't win...lol..but there's always next time......well Froznheartwjib good luck at the tournment and your raps. Thanks again.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks for voting! deaththreats moving on.
This discussion has been closed.