Happy 14th Birthday "Life After Death", does this album ever get old????

Options

Comments

• juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Biggie when Diamond on his 2nd LP at the Beginning of his Career. Comparing him to Pac on his 4th LP doesn't really fly. Both LP's are CLASSIC but to me Big was better on his Double Disc, he experimented more with production and styles. A song like "Notorious Thugs" shows you how versitle Biggie was on his double. Pac wasn't doing no midwest flow on his album.

biggiediddybonetuhgzzt5.jpg

what lp pac was on is irrelevant and to me i perfer all eyez on me and pac was does'nt doing no double time flow because already proved he do that style already to me all eyez on me was better then life after death for one it had various content lyrically it was better and musically it was better the samples on all eyez on me was bananas.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Biggie went diamond cause he got killed ? .

And besides he on;y had two albums to choose from so why not get his newest one.

Pac sold more albums overall.

That's interesting, Why didn't Big Pun go Diamond, Big L?, Eazy E? Mac Dre? I mean if it was that easy why don't more Dead Emcees got Diamond LP's? Biggie joined an Elite Class of great artist to be certified Diamond after they died:

Bob Marley
    The Beatles (2 of them are gone)
    Nirvana
    Tupac
    The Notorious B.I.G.
    Michael Jackson (Combined Sales)

That's IT. ALL LEGENDS.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    ? all you johnny come lately LAD dickriders. yall dont know ? about 97 to even call this album a classic. quick question. how is it a classic when all you ? in here woofing about disc 1 better than disc 2. AEOM can play straight through. WTF can play straight through. Tru 2 Da Game can play straight through. i dont care about no diamond certification or no #1 singles because the album is fuled by full samples of previous funk hits. LAD was nothing but a double disk of 80s funk karaoke and adlib style. none of the hooks on the albuim were original. everything was bitten. so ? no this album wasnt classic in 97. dont mention LAD in the same breath with War Report. hell no LAD aint ? with wu tang forever. hell no LAD aint ? with Silent Weapons. LAD cant even compare to Harlem World. LAD damn sure aint harder than Chapter 1 or Tru 2 Da Game. just cause the ? dead dont mean we gotta hold this ? up like a beacon. nate dogg died. i havent read one g funk classics 13th anniversary does this album get old thread from you. ? sit here and talk about whats your phone number. no album with garbage ass songs like another ? and nasty boy can be called a classic. what about that tone deaf player hater song. ghost just showed delphonics crazy love on ironman with a actual hook from them. biggie ? all over one of the greatest soul tracks with him cease and puff having 4 play on the mic before a ? orgy. LAD wasnt ? in 97 and aint ? now.

You typed all that and yet you still cannot change it's Classic Status. It's cemented. "Life After Death" was the best album of 97 and most people would agree. People were calling it Classic the day it dropped, premature or not it's 14 years later now and it's undinable it's Classic Status. This album was Biggie's 2nd Game Changing LP.

life-after-death-5-mics.jpg
  • juelz21
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's interesting, Why didn't Big Pun go Diamond, Big L?, Eazy E? Mac Dre? I mean if it was that easy why don't more Dead Emcees got Diamond LP's? Biggie joined an Elite Class of great artist to be certified Diamond after they died:

Bob Marley
    Nirvana
    Tupac
    The Notorious B.I.G.

That's IT. ALL LEGENDS.

the going by your logic biggie still loss because he did'nt sell no wear near the amount of records pac sold.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes its a classic

Stop bringing attention to yourself in the tags.
  • juelz21
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You typed all that and yet you still cannot change it's Classic Status. It's cemented. "Life After Death" was the best album of 97 and most people would agree. People were calling it Classic the day it dropped, premature or not it's 14 years later now and it's undinable it's Classic Status. This album was Biggie's 2nd Game Changing LP.

using the source as your example as to why biggie is the best is a bad exmaple being that source was baised towards the west coast.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    Options
    juelz21 wrote: »
    using the source as your example as to why biggie is the best is a bad exmaple being that source was baised towards the west coast.

"All Eyes On Me" is a Classic Album also, that's undeniable. But again Biggie Double had less songs, Less callabos and to me better lyrics and production as well as variety of styles. Pac was great on his double but it felt more like a compilation with the overload of collaborations. I agree that Pac touched on more deeper subjects on his LP but Big also got spiritual on his album. Lyrically is there a song on "All Eyes On Me" seeing "Kick in the Door" or "Long Kiss"? I really can't call it. I think both albums are like Blockbusters in Hip Hop.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

i dont give a ? about the ? source. their 5 mics are irrelevant due to the fact that they doctor them every other year. and besides im my own man. i dont need anyone to tell me what is good music. smh @ ur simpleminded ass needing a stratergy guide to listen to a ? album. this the same mag that gave kim and bun b 5 mics. i guess i can put trill og in the same class as LAD. they both garbage ass albums. since you bringin the source in the arguement you gotta realize they didnt rate WTF and they gave best verse of 1997 to Ghostface Killah for his verse on Impossible. its in the 100 mic issue
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey juelz21.....stop being a hater and why couldn't you enjoy both of these guys music?...RIP to them and sadly they're gone at young age and very much important to hip-hop.

I love 2Pac and Biggie Small, both are totally different artist and talent in their own way which is why they're greatest.

Why do you have to come in this thread and hating on Biggie and bring up in Pac's name?.....give me a break.
  • KidLife10200
    KidLife10200 Members Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    Options

Bob Marley
    Nirvana
    Tupac
    The Notorious B.I.G.

That's IT. ALL LEGENDS.

? ...No one gives a ? about Big L ad Big Pun. They were local artists.

Like I said before...Biggie was at he peak of his career when he died so that's why he sold.

Stop with this ? about Biggie joining an Elite class. LMFAO!

You Biggie stans are delusional.

Fat boy only had two albums to choose from. If Pac had two albums he would have went diamond. ? that if he had 4 he would have went diamond.

2Pac has sold 75 million albums worldwide. I can't even find Biggie's fat ass on the list of best selling artists.

Him going Diamond on one album means absolutely nothing when you're choices are limited to two albums to choose from.

If you'd remove the ? plugs from your ass then maybe you would realize the stannery you're showing now.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that a double disc album counts as twice the sales so he really sold 5x Platinum. New York loses again.
  • juelz21
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "All Eyes On Me" is a Classic Album also, that's undeniable. But again Biggie Double had less songs, Less callabos and to me better lyrics and production as well as variety of styles. Pac was great on his double but it felt more like a compilation with the overload of collaborations. I agree that Pac touched on more deeper subjects on his LP but Big also got spiritual on his album. Lyrically is there a song on "All Eyes On Me" seeing "Kick in the Door" or "Long Kiss"? I really can't call it. I think both albums are like Blockbusters in Hip Hop.

i got my mind made up the rhyme patterns alone ? all over anything biggie did on iife after death i don't even got to mention heartz of men or ambiitonz az a ridah or 2 of amerkiaz of most wanted imo they ? all over anything biggie did on life after death
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    Options
    darkrain wrote: »
    Hey juelz21.....stop being a hater and why couldn't you enjoy both of these guys music?...RIP to them and sadly they're gone at young age and very much important to hip-hop.

I love 2Pac and Biggie Small, both are totally different artist and talent in their own way which is why they're greatest.

Why do you have to come in this thread and hating on Biggie and bring up in Pac's name?.....give me a break.

It's tough for Diehard Pac fans, they were praying on Biggie's Downfall and he dropped a Classic Diamond Double LP and shut the haters up for all time. What I don't get is before the beef do Pac fans realize Pac LOVED Biggie to death? He was going to be on 2 Pac LP, he let him open for him, he was planning to be on "Ready To Die". I mean Pac was amazed by Biggie's skills yet because of the Beef they wanna act like Big was weak, LOL. I know the drama cause them both to end up dead but when you look at the full story it's clear Pac though Big was dope in the beginning which speaks more to Biggie's skills cause Pac was the established artist and Biggie was the rookie.

"I got my ? , B. I to the G beside Me" - Tupac

John Singleton - Tupac played "Party and ? " on the set on "Poetic Justice" the whole time.

Tupac - "I always had love for Biggie and gave him props, I thought he was my friend"
  • juelz21
    edited March 2011
    Options
    darkrain wrote: »

man shut the fukk up im a biggie and pac fan just because i think pac is the goat it don't mean i don't or can't like biggie just because i don' ride biggie ? like u do it don't mean im hating on him now shut the ? up.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    Options

Like I said before...Biggie was at he peak of his career when he died so that's why he sold.

Fat boy only had two albums to choose from. If Pac had two albums he would have went diamond. ? that if he had 4 he would have went diamond.

2Pac has sold 75 million albums worldwide. I can't even find Biggie's fat ass on the list of best selling artists.

Him going Diamond on one album means absolutely nothing when you're choices are limited to two albums to choose from.

If you'd remove the ? plugs from your ass then maybe you would realize the stannery you're showing now.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that a double disc album counts as twice the sales so he really sold 5x Platinum. New York loses again.

LOL, Big Pun when Double Platinum he was far from a Local artist. What about Eazy E? he was far from local. The point is what Biggie accomplished with "Life After Death" is rare and you are trying to minimize it like just cause he died he went Diamond when only the greatest artist in music history were able to accomplished the same feat. Yes Biggie had 2 LP's and guest what, they are two of the greatest albums of ALL TIME in any musical genre. He was 2/2 for Classics and had the PERFECT career. Sorry if that burns you up but both of those LP's are considered the Best of Hip Hop Genre as a whole.
  • KidLife10200
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This ? wanna talk about "Party and ? " being played on the set...Biggie got his whole style from pac.
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL, Big Pun when Double Platinum he was far from a Local artist. What about Eazy E? he was far from local. The point is what Biggie accomplished with "Life After Death" is rare and you are trying to minimize it like just cause he died he went Diamond when only the greatest artist in music history were able to accomplished the same feat.

? you actin like he sold 10 million double discs. 5 million units. vanilla ice did 18 million units. i guess vanilla ice is better than big since u talking that accomplished artist ?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    genocide stop putting your name in the tags
  • juelz21
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's tough for Diehard Pac fans, they were praying on Biggie's Downfall and he dropped a Classic Diamond Double LP and shut the haters up for all time. What I don't get is before the beef do Pac fans realize Pac LOVED Biggie to death? He was going to be on 2 Pac LP, he let him open for him, he was planning to be on "Ready To Die". I mean Pac was amazed by Biggie's skills yet because of the Beef they wanna act like Big was weak, LOL. I know the drama cause them both to end up dead but when you look at the full story it's clear Pac though Big was dope in the beginning which speaks more to Biggie's skills cause Pac was the established artist and Biggie was the rookie.

John Singleton - Tupac played "Party and ? " on the set on "Poetic Justice" the whole time.

Tupac - "I always had love for Biggie and gave him props, I thought he was my friend"

i wasn't praying for biggie's downfall as a pac fan i was happy pac came out of jail and not only outsold biggie off of one album but outsold damm near every rapper outhere and then when he passed away the the 7 day theory outsold ready to die and went on to outsold biggie life after death too and biggie was not going to be on pac's second album and they both felt each other biggie thought pac was lyrically nice as well i remember watching bigger then life and they showed footage of biggie bumping pac in his car.
  • juelz21
    edited March 2011
    Options

shut up big pun was a platinum artist and big l was gold artist these dudes was succesful rappers bad example in trying to prove a point.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    Options

Tell why you mad son:

"Life after death ain't no Classic, it has no Classic songs, It was wack, I don't care how much it sold, I don't care how many people love it, I don't care how many people call it one of the greatest albums of all time, it wasn't great, it's not John Blaze"

LOL.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    stop ? insulting me in tags give up ?
  • KidLife10200
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL, Big Pun when Double Platinum he was far from a Local artist. What about Eazy E? he was far from local. The point is what Biggie accomplished with "Life After Death" is rare and you are trying to minimize it like just cause he died he went Diamond when only the greatest artist in music history were able to accomplished the same feat.

You are so ? stupid.

Double Plat...WOO HOO!! A New York rapper finally sold some records...13 years ago when they had their rare spurts of being relevant.

It's not rare for Piggie to do what he did because:

1. He was at the peak of his career when he died.
    2. The album dropped about two weeks after he died so of course it would sell crazy. They did it to support his fat ass.
    3. He only had two albums to choose from like I said. So most of the sales would obviously go to his later album just like Pac.

Let's look at overall album sales though:

Pac 75+ Million
    Biggie 38 Million

lol I rest my case.
  • KidLife10200
    edited March 2011
    Options
    juelz21 wrote: »
    shut up big pun was a platinum artist big l was gold artist eazy e was a multi platinum rapper as well these dudes was succesful rappers bad example in trying to prove a point.

I didn't say anything about Eazy E...
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    stop ? insulting me in tags give up ?

you ? punk ? , thats you doing that ? for attention and stay off my page ?
  • tompetrez3
    edited March 2011
    Options

Tell why you mad son:

"Life after death ain't no Classic, it has no Classic songs, It was wack, I don't care how much it sold, I don't care how many people love it, I don't care how many people call it one of the greatest albums of all time, it wasn't great, it's not John Blaze"

LOL.

who the ? scared of a sublim after pac bombed on his ? ass with hit em up and burned the rest of his soul on 7 day.

You claim to be a player but i ? your wife-Tupac Shakur

when the beef is on biggie dont get brolic. he kidnap children and have ? sex with them. what kind of material is that for a so called GOAT to rap about.
This discussion has been closed.