why are people mad at Obama?

hubbell313
hubbell313 Banned Users Posts: 59
edited April 2011 in The Social Lounge
its go take more than 4 years for Obama to clean up the 8 years of mess that George Bush made thats why i really dont complain bout Obama cause i know he got to clean alot of Bush ? on top of that ? aint vote for the senates(they was too busy standing in line for Jordans smh) so now Republicans run the country. Obama is out number in the office now with no Democrats he is really a puppet now, Its nice that we have a black president yea but we still need to get out therer and vote

Comments

• tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Cause he is a liar and a puppet of the bankers just like bushit.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    He's soft, sucks at negotiating, isn't progressive, and basically imo blew a big opportunity to shift the political spectrum.
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited March 2011
    I never had huge hopes for him, I kinda watched him come in with tha feeling that ? 's gonna be tha same no matter who tha president is. But I think alot of people thought he was gonna come in on some super hero ? and it didn't happen, so they feel let down now. I don't hate him, I don't love him either tho. People been cuttin into him quick tho, they were saying "well you didn't do such and such that you said you were gonna do" 8 months into his term. I think he has potential, maybe he should have waited another 8 years though. I think him being "Black" (even tho he's just as white) and his "middle eastern" sounding name have these fox news types just waiting for a reason to talk ? so they can hate on him while hiding their true motive for saying it.

On a side note tho - Am I tha only one who thinks Barrack Obama being "the first Black president" is going to take away from tha significance when we actually have a Black president? Instead of "first Black president we've had" I think it should be "most Black president we've had". Lol
  • hubbell313
    edited March 2011
    I never had huge hopes for him, I kinda watched him come in with tha feeling that ? 's gonna be tha same no matter who tha president is. But I think alot of people thought he was gonna come in on some super hero ? and it didn't happen, so they feel let down now. I don't hate him, I don't love him either tho. People been cuttin into him quick tho, they were saying "well you didn't do such and such that you said you were gonna do" 8 months into his term. I think he has potential, maybe he should have waited another 8 years though. I think him being "Black" (even tho he's just as white) and his "middle eastern" sounding name have these fox news types just waiting for a reason to talk ? so they can hate on him while hiding their true motive for saying it.

On a side note tho - Am I tha only one who thinks Barrack Obama being "the first Black president" is going to take away from tha significance when we actually have a Black president? Instead of "first Black president we've had" I think it should be "most Black president we've had". Lol

man i agree with everything you said people expected Obama to be superman and had they hopes too high
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Na b obama was ? up from the jump. He fumbled the healthcare negotiations so bad that it ? up his first two years.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Good question.

They don't even know what he been through
    He play chicken with a Mack truck, them mufuckas woulda been moved
    He swam waters with great whites, them mufuckas woulda been chewed
    He hustled with vultures late nights, them mufuckas woulda been food
    ? wrong wit these dudes?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    you have to remember that people think the president:

-can do anything he wants
    -can do everything IMMEDIATELY
    -can solve everyone's complaint, even when they contradict

or they just plain didn't vote for the guy
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    you have to remember that people think the president:

-can do anything he wants
    -can do everything IMMEDIATELY
    -can solve everyone's complaint, even when they contradict

or they just plain didn't vote for the guy
    This....

But my biggest complaint is he doesnt fight hard enough. I mean damn at least put up a fight and negotiate high then settle for more than you wanted in the first place. If only he was an economics professor and learned that lesson.

Bottomline is special interests are too powerful in this country. More powerful than our president. All problems boil down to that.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Darxwell wrote: »
    This....

But my biggest complaint is he doesnt fight hard enough. I mean damn at least put up a fight and negotiate high then settle for more than you wanted in the first place. If only he was an economics professor and learned that lesson.

Bottomline is special interests are too powerful in this country. More powerful than our president. All problems boil down to that.

i completely agree with this. he is too passive. he needs to be more aggressive
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    cause he's a black man
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Obama has been a huge disappointment to me because he's George W Bush's 3rd term. I give him immense credit for healthcare reform though, it will truly help the average American out long term.

But his foreign policy has been very sad. We're still in Afghanistan, he's still kissing Israel's ass and never pushes them, and now we're in Libya. Can anyone really blame Democrats and independents for not showing up for the midterms? As far as I'm concerned, George W Bush's policies are as powerful as they ever were. What a damn shame. At this pathetic pace, I'm voting for a 3rd party candidate in 2012. Obama doesn't deserve my vote, and he doesn't deserve to win re-election either. If he does win, it's because he's stolen all the Republican ideas on how to run a country.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    And I'm still ? off Obama further bankrupted the country through extending Bush's tax cuts for the rich. It's one thing to bankrupt the nation through endless wars, but to extend the tax cuts on top of that......? .
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    cause he's a black man

Lots of Black people are mad at Obama these days. It's been awhile since I've seen Blacks defend him, honestly.

Here's an article written by a Black man in fact. From the New York Times....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/26/opinion/26herbert.html?_r=1

Op-Ed Columnist
    Losing Our Way
    By BOB HERBERT
    Published: March 25, 2011

So here we are pouring shiploads of cash into yet another war, this time in Libya, while simultaneously demolishing school budgets, closing libraries, laying off teachers and police officers, and generally letting the bottom fall out of the quality of life here at home.
    Damon Winter/The New York Times

Welcome to America in the second decade of the 21st century. An army of long-term unemployed workers is spread across the land, the human fallout from the Great Recession and long years of misguided economic policies. Optimism is in short supply. The few jobs now being created too often pay a pittance, not nearly enough to pry open the doors to a middle-class standard of living.

Arthur Miller, echoing the poet Archibald MacLeish, liked to say that the essence of America was its promises. That was a long time ago. Limitless greed, unrestrained corporate power and a ferocious addiction to foreign oil have led us to an era of perpetual war and economic decline. Young people today are staring at a future in which they will be less well off than their elders, a reversal of fortune that should send a shudder through everyone.

The U.S. has not just misplaced its priorities. When the most powerful country ever to inhabit the earth finds it so easy to plunge into the horror of warfare but almost impossible to find adequate work for its people or to properly educate its young, it has lost its way entirely.

Nearly 14 million Americans are jobless and the outlook for many of them is grim. Since there is just one job available for every five individuals looking for work, four of the five are out of luck. Instead of a land of opportunity, the U.S. is increasingly becoming a place of limited expectations. A college professor in Washington told me this week that graduates from his program were finding jobs, but they were not making very much money, certainly not enough to think about raising a family.

There is plenty of economic activity in the U.S., and plenty of wealth. But like greedy children, the folks at the top are seizing virtually all the marbles. Income and wealth inequality in the U.S. have reached stages that would make the third world blush. As the Economic Policy Institute has reported, the richest 10 percent of Americans received an unconscionable 100 percent of the average income growth in the years 2000 to 2007, the most recent extended period of economic expansion.

Americans behave as if this is somehow normal or acceptable. It shouldn’t be, and didn’t used to be. Through much of the post-World War II era, income distribution was far more equitable, with the top 10 percent of families accounting for just a third of average income growth, and the bottom 90 percent receiving two-thirds. That seems like ancient history now.

The current maldistribution of wealth is also scandalous. In 2009, the richest 5 percent claimed 63.5 percent of the nation’s wealth. The overwhelming majority, the bottom 80 percent, collectively held just 12.8 percent.

This inequality, in which an enormous segment of the population struggles while the fortunate few ride the gravy train, is a world-class recipe for social unrest. Downward mobility is an ever-shortening fuse leading to profound consequences.

A stark example of the fundamental unfairness that is now so widespread was in The New York Times on Friday under the headline: “G.E.’s Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether.” Despite profits of $14.2 billion — $5.1 billion from its operations in the United States — General Electric did not have to pay any U.S. taxes last year.

As The Times’s David Kocieniewski reported, “Its extraordinary success is based on an aggressive strategy that mixes fierce lobbying for tax breaks and innovative accounting that enables it to concentrate its profits offshore.”

G.E. is the nation’s largest corporation. Its chief executive, Jeffrey Immelt, is the leader of President Obama’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. You can understand how ordinary workers might look at this cozy corporate-government arrangement and conclude that it is not fully committed to the best interests of working people.

Overwhelming imbalances in wealth and income inevitably result in enormous imbalances of political power. So the corporations and the very wealthy continue to do well. The employment crisis never gets addressed. The wars never end. And nation-building never gets a foothold here at home.

New ideas and new leadership have seldom been more urgently needed.
  • janklow
    edited March 2011
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Bottomline is human beings are terrible. ... All problems boil down to that.
    fixed
    At this pathetic pace, I'm voting for a 3rd party candidate in 2012. Obama doesn't deserve my vote, and he doesn't deserve to win re-election either. If he does win, it's because he's stolen all the Republican ideas on how to run a country.
    i am willing to bet $1 that, come 2012, you end up voting for Obama (and possibly being furious come 2013)
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    fixed

i am willing to bet $1 that, come 2012, you end up voting for Obama (and possibly being furious come 2013)

The ONLY scenario I could see myself voting for Obama (with disgust) in 2012 is if Sarah Palin wins the Republican nomination for President.

If she doesn't win it, than I'm voting for a Green Party candidate. I'll bet 100,000 dollars on it. (I don't have that kind of money, I'm hoping you do)
  • hubbell313
    edited March 2011
    The ONLY scenario I could see myself voting for Obama (with disgust) in 2012 is if Sarah Palin wins the Republican nomination for President.

If she doesn't win it, than I'm voting for a Green Party candidate. I'll bet 100,000 dollars on it. (I don't have that kind of money, I'm hoping you do)

if Sarah Palin wins that ? is a set up
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    I don't understand why White people are mad at him. I mean, he's done nothing but specifically/intentionally look out for no other segment of America, like he has looked out for Whites.

Most notably, he came into office complimenting Bush/Paulson's corporate welfare from Sept.'08. When he took his oath and promptly extended nearly $800-billion in TARP monies to America's White-owned financial institutions, yet...

...as recently as 6 months ago...

Congresswoman Maxine Waters, possessed a list of Black banks who were designated to receive TARP monies...and Obama hadn't given them, a thin dime. And that list she had? Well, it was the real reason she got placard with ethics charges, no doubt...LOL...Because Obama understands, if he's to be reelected, he has to show White America how much he hates Black people.

That is why Black America had to watch him spend the entire year, of 2008, using Dr. Kings' themes and historic dates to rally America's support...faking, perping, hoodwinking us into believing he was the fruition of Dr. King's dream, when in fact...he knew he had no intentions of even attempting to level the playing field's Injustices Racism and Inequality, that Blacks absorb in this Nation.

He knew all along, he was going to disrespect Black America in ways Dr. King would never dream of doing.

Black America had to watch him ruuuuuuuuun to send his Justice Dept. chief to Chicago...when Black male savages ganged up on/murdered one Black male during a fight, over him simply trying to break it up.

Yet 10+ Blacks males who were UNARMED in NC, still got gunned down for running from racist police, and Obama did nushin'!! He sent, no one. He spoke out, about nothing.

Black America gleefully watched healthcare feature this one thing called, The Public Option, which would have for the first time in American History...guaranteed that us niggz get access to equal high-quality healthcare, that Whitefolk usually are the only ones to enjoy!! Yep.

Why do you think White-racist GOP'ers wanted that element removed from Healthcare Reform, so badly?

Because GOP'ers understand the importance of mortality rates they understand how access to quality-Healthcare, more than anything else, is why the avg. White person outlives the avg. Black person.

Obama, understood that too. Which is why he gleefully removed that option, from healthcare reform bill, once The GOP'ers spoke and told him to.

And last time I checked, there is no worse blight on a Black Leader than him signing a death certificate for his own Black people, when it comes to the quality of their Life/Healthcare. This is far far far worse, than any of Racism's elements that he's refused to attack and refused to lessen the (-) impact of, on America.

Nonetheless, this is why I hope ? does not curse us with another 4 years of Obama's hatred for Black people aka Worst President in U.S. History

Obama has been a sad disaster so far, but worst president in American history? Damn, I didn't think Obama would get that much hate here. I won't bother defending the ? though, ? him.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    cant please everyone.
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Don't get me started on Obama. I have completely given up on the democrats years ago and the only way that I would vote for a republican is if Ron Paul won the GOP nomination and that ain't gonna happen. I didn't vote for Obama the first time and I will not give him my vote in 2012. I will vote third party in the next election and refuse to vote for evil or evil lite anymore. I knew that Obama was a farce from the moment that he won the democratic nomination. ( although I did vote to get him into senate in Illinois). He is a puppet like every president has been throughout my lifetime. Obama was hand picked to run for president by the corporations and oligarchs that really run this country. He has done nothing but continue the Bush era ? . Anyone that doesn't see his healthcare reform as a big giveaway to the insurance companies is not being honest with themselves.
  • hubbell313
    edited March 2011
    I don't think its about pleasing everyone, Hyde, it is about just willfully and intentionally taking a ? on your own Heritage of People *just to appeal to the sect of America* who frowns upon your own Heritage of People.

When he gathered Black America w/him to stand around Oprah's Couch, on that dreadful late-2007 day, when he announced to the Free World his plans to be it's new Leader...had he simply just told Black America the unadulterated truth about the treatment he had in store for us;

do you think there's even one discontent Black American, who wouldn't have far far more respect for him?

I'll conclude with the essence, of Tim Wise, where he said something 2 weeks ago that I said...back in 2008. I identified Obama's disingenuousness from go, back then, at a time I was being condemned by most Blacks and all Whites who I encountered and conversed with during that historical election season:

Peace

...and where you been?

I know it's tardy but...I hope that holiday season was good for you

wow thats crazy
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I don't think its about pleasing everyone, Hyde, it is about just willfully and intentionally taking a ? on your own Heritage of People *just to appeal to the sect of America* who frowns upon your own Heritage of People.

When he gathered Black America w/him to stand around Oprah's Couch, on that dreadful late-2007 day, when he announced to the Free World his plans to be it's new Leader...had he simply just told Black America the unadulterated truth about the treatment he had in store for us;

do you think there's even one discontent Black American, who wouldn't have far far more respect for him?

I'll conclude with the essence, of Tim Wise, where he said something 2 weeks ago that I said...back in 2008. I identified Obama's disingenuousness from go, back then, at a time I was being condemned by most Blacks and all Whites who I encountered and conversed with during that historical election season:

Peace

...and where you been?

I know it's tardy but...I hope that holiday season was good for you

i admit, ive been somewhat neutral on Obama, willing to give him a fair shot . You really think he's being willfully and intentionally oblivious to the issues concerning African Americans? Thats a pretty hefty statement. Not disregarding, i dont see that. He seems to be trying the role of "people pleaser" out. How do you think he should handle this issue of inequality? In such a way as not seem catering ? We all watched the Louis Gates fiasco play out, to sum up in one word "awkward". How does one address the issues for an entire community?

holiday season , was nice, cant say i was sad to see it over, lol. ive been over in Haiti, thats usually where i am when im out for long stretches of time. Taking care of family matters. Hows things been in your area? they still banning you on nonsense?
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    He's soft, sucks at negotiating, isn't progressive, and basically imo blew a big opportunity to shift the political spectrum.

this ? right here
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Don't get me started on Obama. I have completely given up on the democrats years ago and the only way that I would vote for a republican is if Ron Paul won the GOP nomination and that ain't gonna happen. I didn't vote for Obama the first time and I will not give him my vote in 2012. I will vote third party in the next election and refuse to vote for evil or evil lite anymore. I knew that Obama was a farce from the moment that he won the democratic nomination. ( although I did vote to get him into senate in Illinois). He is a puppet like every president has been throughout my lifetime. Obama was hand picked to run for president by the corporations and oligarchs that really run this country. He has done nothing but continue the Bush era ? . Anyone that doesn't see his healthcare reform as a big giveaway to the insurance companies is not being honest with themselves.

Co-Sign.
    Thank ? i'm a libertarian, even though I Don't support a third party movement, because to me, this system is so corrupt that any third party that has a chance to be in this system are likewise are gonna corrupt, we already had a two headed monster, we don't need a three headed monster
    I Agree with jesse ventura, thomas jeffson, george washington, john adams.

LET'S ABOLISH POLITICAL PARTIES!

And by the way, I Left the democratic party 4 years ago for good reason.
  • janklow
    edited March 2011
    The ONLY scenario I could see myself voting for Obama (with disgust) in 2012 is if Sarah Palin wins the Republican nomination for President. If she doesn't win it, than I'm voting for a Green Party candidate.
    i don't know why the GOP running an unelectable candidate would make you more inclined to vote for Obama. wouldn't you prefer to vote for him if it was MORE likely the GOP would win?

anyway, the fact that you'd be concerned that Obama might lose to the GOP candidate when you've bashed him and/or compared him to the GOP tells me that my original theory is correct ... and thus i remain willing to bet $1 that, come 2012, you end up voting for Obama
    I'll bet 100,000 dollars on it. (I don't have that kind of money, I'm hoping you do)
    i don't know what would have given you THAT kind of hope. maybe we can kick it up to $2
    Obama has been a sad disaster so far, but worst president in American history? Damn, I didn't think Obama would get that much hate here. I won't bother defending the ? though, ? him.
    anyone who thinks Obama is worse than James Buchanan is not qualified to bash Obama
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    i don't know why the GOP running an unelectable candidate would make you more inclined to vote for Obama. wouldn't you prefer to vote for him if it was MORE likely the GOP would win?

anyway, the fact that you'd be concerned that Obama might lose to the GOP candidate when you've bashed him and/or compared him to the GOP tells me that my original theory is correct ... and thus i remain willing to bet $1 that, come 2012, you end up voting for Obama

i don't know what would have given you THAT kind of hope. maybe we can kick it up to $2

anyone who thinks Obama is worse than James Buchanan is not qualified to bash Obama

LOL.....the reason I would vote for Obama ONLY if Sarah Palin wins the GOP nomination is because Sister Sarah's politics are so dangerous that even Obama looks good in comparison. Sarah would let Israel get away with everything, even more than Obama does. She has talked recklessly about war with Iran and seems to believe we can spend limitless amounts of money fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan for the rest of our lifetimes. She's a really stupid woman with even dumber followers, so even if it means wearing a gasmask, I would vote for Obama over her. Obama better hope and pray Sarah runs for prez, cuz his base is not very motivated right now. The NY Times, a paper known for its liberalism on social issues, has had many of its writers say we need NEW leadership from the White House. That tells you a lot.