why are people mad at Obama?

Options

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hubbell313 wrote: »
    man i agree with everything you said people expected Obama to be superman and had they hopes too high

I said this ? when the ? was running for office. During the campign all he was "hope", and "change". This ? sounds good, but it isn't tangible. What exactly was it he was going to change, what was he going to change it to, and how was he going to impliment the change. Obama was elected based on his powerful oratory, the confluence of the right events, and McCain not wanting the presidency bad enough.

The good thing that wil come out his presidency is that it proves to ? if they take advantage of being an American, then anything is possible.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    look obama took the county as far left as he could.
    or the system would allow him to go.

the reason you didnt have more progressive legislation
    was because you had democrats from moderate or conservative states
    who couldnt vote for everything obama wanted in the senate and thn u had scott brown get relected.

he got healthcare and put the strictest regulations on banks since the great depression.

and ppl who complain about the public options has to understand that the public option
    does not mean free health care u still would have had to pay premiums.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it isn't just Obama it's the Democrats in general. They just too dam soft and never stick togetehr to accomplish anything. at least the republicans ride together no matter how stupid the idea is at the time.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No disrespect, but I've always wondered...LOL..., What does that mean?

That 'he got' to make sure the reform bill clearly allows pharmaceuticals & the big boys amongst health-coverage providers, to keep pilfering the American people? You see, he got that.

Or, does it mean that 'he got' his pen out and signed Black America"s death certificate, when he allowed a specific sect of Blackfolk-hating GOP'ers, to be the vehicle for him removing The Public Option from the reform legislation?

...it's shameful how many hardworking Black people will be needlessly, on their death beds, before they figure out this colossal truth about what Obamacare intertwined us in...

dude the public option does not mean free healthcare it will
    be just like buying insurance from a non profit u still have to pay.

the reason why the pharmaceutical industry has to make a huge profit
    is because America does reasearch and development for the rest of the world
    and the canadians and europeans just purchase them after they come to market.

it takes 1 billion dollars to get one pill from research to FDA approval
    and there is no gurantee that it will get approval. if we stop subsidizing
    big pharmaceutical companies the we would just have less drugs and more ppl will dies.

and obama did put taxes on the pharmcautical and medical device companys
    to make them help pay for healthcare in his healthcare.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its go take more than 4 years for Obama to clean up the 8 years of mess that George Bush made thats why i really dont complain bout Obama cause i know he got to clean alot of Bush ? on top of that ? aint vote for the senates(they was too busy standing in line for Jordans smh) so now Republicans run the country. Obama is out number in the office now with no Democrats he is really a puppet now, Its nice that we have a black president yea but we still need to get out therer and vote

Because he's black plain and simple. Nothing new, they can ramble off a million reasons why they don't like Obama, but at the end of the day we had a white president who's done a lot less and ? up a lot more then Obama, and these people had the nerve to let him have a second ? at it. So they can say what they want but based off of past evidence it's solely because he's black.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why does everyone think the Libyan intervention was a bad idea? If anyone else had been president, they would've been advised to do the same thing.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why does everyone think the Libyan intervention was a bad idea? If anyone else had been president, they would've been advised to do the same thing.

Because America is 14 trillion dollars in debt AND we're wasting money in Afghanistan AND we're spending billions of dollars in a country that poses no threat to us WHILE state govts are cutting back on benefits and jobs.

We can't be playing Cowboys and Indians in Libya when we got people desperate in the USA. The homeless population is increasing, unions are disappearing, foreclosures are up, but we got money to still bomb nations that pose no threat to us? ? that, let the Arab League and the UN take care of it. This war is gonna hurt Obama long term, mark my words. And I'm willing to bet this intervention is gonna last longer than "days". It's already been weeks now.
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Because America is 14 trillion dollars in debt AND we're wasting money in Afghanistan AND we're spending billions of dollars in a country that poses no threat to us WHILE state govts are cutting back on benefits and jobs.

We can't be playing Cowboys and Indians in Libya when we got people desperate in the USA. The homeless population is increasing, unions are disappearing, foreclosures are up, but we got money to still bomb nations that pose no threat to us? ? that, let the Arab League and the UN take care of it. This war is gonna hurt Obama long term, mark my words. And I'm willing to bet this intervention is gonna last longer than "days". It's already been weeks now.

Ir's time for obama and the entire adminstration impeachment.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't go so far as impeaching Obama, not after how Bush got away with so much. As similar to Bush Obama is, he's still not as bad. Very close in many ways, but not AS bad.

I understand your anger though!!! Believe me, I truly do. I had an Obama poster on my wall after he got elected, I tore that ? up to pieces once his ? ass said he's gonna send MORE troops to Afghanistan. His common sense is disappearing by the day, and most Americans are seeing that.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    For anyone who loves Obama these days, you HAVE to love Bush too. After all, Obama worships the ground Bush walks on. He's followed so many of his policies it's not even funny.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    Ir's time for obama and the entire adminstration impeachment.

LMFAO....This dude just posted a John Prewett video!
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oh ? , he does look a lot like John Prewett HAHAHAHA
  • tupacfan35
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't go so far as impeaching Obama, not after how Bush got away with so much. As similar to Bush Obama is, he's still not as bad. Very close in many ways, but not AS bad.

I understand your anger though!!! Believe me, I truly do. I had an Obama poster on my wall after he got elected, I tore that ? up to pieces once his ? ass said he's gonna send MORE troops to Afghanistan. His common sense is disappearing by the day, and most Americans are seeing that.

Nobama aka obama's a puppet of the elitiest bankers and the global elite.
  • tupacfan35
    edited March 2011
    Options

Impeachment is absolutely essential, because we are a two party dictatorship in america.
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    Impeachment is absolutely essential, because we are a two party dictatorship in america.

and then replaced by who or what?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL.....the reason I would vote for Obama ONLY if Sarah Palin wins the GOP nomination is because Sister Sarah's politics are so dangerous that even Obama looks good in comparison.
    yes, but really, she is not going to get elected. if she's the nominee, it's essentially the GOP writing off the 2012 election so as to not waste a legitimately electable candidate. i mean, it's my opinion, but i can't see her coming close to a win.

so what i'm saying is that if you're afraid of GOP politics --and maybe your issue is more Palin than the GOP and this is the point i am honestly missing here-- then you're probably LESS needed on Team Obama if he's running against Palin than if he's running against ... uh ... who's the most popular Republican right now? Romney?
    to be honest, though, while the latter might be more important than Libya to you (and i'm not debating that one way or the other) ... the state governments consistently relying on the federal government to balance their budgets is the same concept you're complaining about regarding the federal government relying on that debt to balance theirs.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    okay. here is my honest and humble opinion. I may be one of the rare few that is not mad at Obama.

People seem to be mad at Obama because he, a- isnt doing what they want him to do, or what he said he would do. b- isnt doing it fast enough. or c- both.

Im also noticing that people are not thinking or reasoning why things are the way they are. We are now that people of instant results, instant gratification, and watching to much CSI where the case is solved in one hour.

"Bring our troops home now." is one of the many current themes. And that was one of Obama's promises. But as he soon
    found out, and that many others still have not, is it is not that simple. Everyday there are plots made, and plots foiled to
    attack our country by terrorists. So yeah, lets hurry and get the troops home, they will feel so much better being bombed and attacked on their own soil .

The other ongoing rant is about money. I seen Donald Trump on CNN tonight. He seems to think since we get no oil from Libya,we should not be there, it has no effects on us, and that we are fighting for China, not once did he acknowledge the slaughtering of innocent civilians.
    I was surprised by the ignorance of his comments. Even if we dont get our fuel from Libya, every action has a reaction. We
    are globally connected, what affects China, can and will affect us, just look pick up damn near any item laying around, and turn it over. Its made in China.

Calling Obama "Bush" really? Bush was a trigger man, he pulled the trigger and talked, not asked questions later. I dont
    see Obama doing this, its quite the opposite. He is methodical and thinks things through without making hasty decisions. This
    is why it seems alot have people have grown impatient with him.

Impeach him? lol, really? On what grounds?

Replace him? With who? The next candidate who decorates a nice shiny portrait for you?

Considering the mess he inherited, alot have seemed to forget, he isnt doing a bad job. I think we are starting to take our Democracy for granted, if gone unchecked, things will get out of control.
  • hubbell313
    hubbell313 Banned Users Posts: 59
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    okay. here is my honest and humble opinion. I may be one of the rare few that is not mad at Obama.

People seem to be mad at Obama because he, a- isnt doing what they want him to do, or what he said he would do. b- isnt doing it fast enough. or c- both.

Im also noticing that people are not thinking or reasoning why things are the way they are. We are now that people of instant results, instant gratification, and watching to much CSI where the case is solved in one hour.

"Bring our troops home now." is one of the many current themes. And that was one of Obama's promises. But as he soon
    found out, and that many others still have not, is it is not that simple. Everyday there are plots made, and plots foiled to
    attack our country by terrorists. So yeah, lets hurry and get the troops home, they will feel so much better being bombed and attacked on their own soil .

The other ongoing rant is about money. I seen Donald Trump on CNN tonight. He seems to think since we get no oil from Libya,we should not be there, it has no effects on us, and that we are fighting for China, not once did he acknowledge the slaughtering of innocent civilians.
    I was surprised by the ignorance of his comments. Even if we dont get our fuel from Libya, every action has a reaction. We
    are globally connected, what affects China, can and will affect us, just look pick up damn near any item laying around, and turn it over. Its made in China.

Calling Obama "Bush" really? Bush was a trigger man, he pulled the trigger and talked, not asked questions later. I dont
    see Obama doing this, its quite the opposite. He is methodical and thinks things through without making hasty decisions. This
    is why it seems alot have people have grown impatient with him.

Impeach him? lol, really? On what grounds?

Replace him? With who? The next candidate who decorates a nice shiny portrait for you?

Considering the mess he inherited, alot have seemed to forget, he isnt doing a bad job. I think we are starting to take our Democracy for granted, if gone unchecked, things will get out of control.

best comment of the day!
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i gotta laugh at all this we're wasting money in Libya ? .

those missiles and bombs are already paid for. the salaries for them pilots and the fuel and all that ? is already bought. it's not like if we didn't use the munitions and fuel we'd go redeem them for cash to give out to poor people as a tax break.

at this point people just looking for reasons to complain about ? you're not even being realistic it ain't like doing what we doing in Libya is making any difference in our federal budget.

i still support Obama, i ain't mad ? ya'll complainers and people saying he's another Bush get ya head out of your ass already
  • Merrykazi
    Merrykazi Members Posts: 12
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We are now that people of instant results, instant gratification, and watching to much CSI where the case is solved in one hour. We
    are globally connected, what affects China, can and will affect us, just look pick up damn near any item laying around, and turn it over. After all, Obama worships the ground Bush walks on.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    cause he's a black man

He's the first half-white president........

I prefer having a white/pink person as the face of white imperialism.
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Here we go again -- America will be trapped in another quagmire. So now the powers that be will fall into the same trap as their predecessors. So we arm the the rebels with American weapons to fight the evil Gaddafi. Then when others within the region converge on the scene & those rebels turn on the Americans because of their loyalty to the fellow brethren/Muslim....guess who gets caught in the middle of the tribal conflict.....BIG bad America....I HATE THIS ? mess that always happens when America gets involved in these uncivilized countries.

It's just a matter of time when those in Libya turn on American troops.....& this man is gonna make sure.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/new-black-panther-leader-malik-zulu-shabazz-obama-works-for-white-man

I think this usually happens becuase America gets involved due to ulterior motive and this is always revealed to the citizens eventually.
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We should not be too hard on Obama because the fact of the matter is no President has been in control of America in decades, Obama is no exception…

The Power of Private Monopolies
    Who Runs America?
    By DON MONKERUD

“Although some Americans worry about the growing power of the government, few understand the real power that controls their everyday lives.
    Private monopolies determine the brand of breakfast cereal we eat, the type of car we drive, where we bank, the medical treatment we receive, the fashion of our clothes, and the kind of toothbrush we use, in addition to the beer we drink, the health insurance we buy, and what we feed our pets.
    Under the guise of "the free market," conglomerates merged and bought up smaller companies, until, today, they dominate their respective markets in every commodity offered for sale in the U.S.”

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30750

“The real truth of the matter is, and you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government of the U.S. Since the days of Andrew Jackson.” Franklin Roosevelt in a letter to Edward M. House (President Wilson’s closest aide), dated November 23, 1933.
    The nation, the media tells us, is all agog over the results of the presidential election. What they won’t tell the American people is that the outcome won’t make a dime’s worth of difference – the president-elect will simply march to the tune of those wonderful caring folks who stand behind the scenes and pull the strings.
    This is not simply my opinion. You read what FDR wrote about the people who ran things when he was around, and they continue to run things today. The rest of this column will be the statements of other statesmen and politicians who have been warning against a not-so-secret cabal of international moneymen who control just about everything in Washington and most every other place on the face of the earth.”
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Because the media tells them to. They don't know how their government works, nor do they care, so they assume Obama is independent in thoughts, deeds, and action. They don't realize he is a puppet on a string and the fall guy and trigger man for unseen hand. These people will be the same dumb ? and crackers who will be arguing over politicians who in actuality don't give a ? about either of them, they just use their ignorance to get in office to fatten themselves and enrich their buddies.

Basically, he is the ? at the post office window or some other customer service rep who gets on your nerves and you think it is because of him but you don't realize he is just following orders and instructions of his idiot bosses.

Basically.....................
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    man i agree with everything you said people expected Obama to be superman and had they hopes too high

Hope was his gimmick to appeal to the masses.
    "We finally have a Black president, that means we've progressed and came such a long way so he will make a change furthermore." That was the focus. It put blinds on many folks.