Death of the movie rental store

Options
2»

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    blockbuster or an indepent movie rental store with a big ass selection or stream netflix thru the xbox
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yea but i dont always wanna watch a new release, sometimes i wanna watch a movie that came out 15 years ago.

and im not tryin to watch movies on my computer most of the time, and idk if im technology competent enough get it from a torrent to my TV lol

yea i know people that worked at Hollywood til the store shut down.

i barely watch anything i torrent on a CPU

i stream everything from/to my PS3(in HD)
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    i barely watch anything i torrent on a CPU

i stream everything from/to my PS3(in HD)

Do you use PS3MediaServer? If not, does the program you use suffer from any latency or loss of quality issues?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »
    Do you use PS3MediaServer? If not, does the program you use suffer from any latency or loss of quality issues?

Just use windows media player. works great for me
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You might want to look into a GoogleTV or AppleTV type deal. It's a one time purchase (usually 200-300) for the box and you can get everything on the internet on your TV. Alot of them come pre-programmed for movie streaming sites so if you want to watch something, instead of going to Redbox, you can just order it instantly from home. I haven't rented a single Netflix or Redbox movie since I bought it. And you can watch almost anything you want. Even if they're not popular films.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't download as much as I should, but I hit up the Redbox because between my job and house (5 mins away) theres like 6 of them. Which is basically every corner if I leave my house and go anywhere. If im bored, remembered something came out or taking a shorty back to the house its convenient. Funny how every time I do rent one I go home fall asleep and don't watch it til like 6pm the next day then gotta run out to return it by 9pm.. smh
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    dont ? the messenger:

instantwatchers.com

its a site that shows alot more movies that netflix stream offers. they dont hardly show us ? , but that site shows everything plus movies thats being released soon. you just gotta mess around a bit and explore the site.

now, say you on instantwatcher.com, u see a movie, then go to your que and add it. it may not be there in your que. u gotta search that movie out to watch it. netflix madd slow with that ? .

but dont log on instantwatcher. i dont trust it all like that and you shouldnt either.
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? downloading ? unless I wanna keep it.. I stream all day...Prime example..I'm watchin' Battle LA right now on Justin tv in DVD Quality not bootleg CAM..
    http://www.justin.tv/monkey_d_luffy_
    Believe It!!
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Netflix or download when the blu ray version is available.
  • NatTurner1972
    NatTurner1972 Members Posts: 239
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I hate blockbuster is dying. I could watch about 3 movies a week with the movie mail and in-store exchange.

The blockbuster down the street got laid to rest about a year ago. There is one about 6 miles from me that's probably o life support.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bluray torrent rips and play them on the tv thru ps3.
  • tree8883
    tree8883 Members Posts: 11
    edited April 2011
    Options
    blockbuster got a 'redbox'-like koisk now....those are gonna take over, no need for a store anymore
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Netflix...amazon...appletv
  • NatTurner1972
    NatTurner1972 Members Posts: 239
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Man that RedBox ? is everywhere like the plagueAttachment not found.