Did you guys see Sucker Punch?

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Just see it and for some odd reason to me could be this year's Inception.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    ....this year's Inception.

lmao NO. just no.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    20% on Rotten Tomatoes. Everyone's been ripping the ? out of the film and basically confirming what I've always thought of Zack Snyder and his films
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it looks terrible.

i'd RENT it if it were the ONLY new release at redbox.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i like snyder. im happy hes directing Superman. But this just looks horrid.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'll watch it first before I'd listen to a critic!
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Besides Mark Kermode I don't listen to critics anymore but I did think this would suck. All of Snyder's movies sucked and I couldn't forgive him for that monstrosity that was Watchmen. I can't believe guys like this get big movie projects what's going on in Hollywood?
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wtf is the hate for watchmen???

that was a good movie
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    still wanna watch it...................
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »

that was a good movie

The movie sucked and was an embarssment to the comic, IMO. They changed the ending and totally ? up Silk Spectre and Night Owl. I'll give them credit for Rorscach and Dr. Manhanttan but besides that the movie sucks. And it doesn't help when Alan Moore totally trashes it also.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    20% on Rotten Tomatoes. Everyone's been ripping the ? out of the film and basically confirming what I've always thought of Zack Snyder and his films

Rotten Tomatoes is almost never wrong...people hate on the critics but they are right 99% of the time.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nah, went to go see it opening day and it was straight
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    One question, was the ? bad?
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    One question, was the ? bad?

There was only one that wasn't bad imo, but she could still get the ? though
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? critics, watch it and decide for urself
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just saw the movie tonight.

The cinematography was amazing... soundtrack was tight, especially the bass on that Bjork song... had the theatre bumpin'... could have been a bit darker like 300 but I heard the studio made Snyder tone it down so it wouldn't get an R-rating...

That Baby Doll girl (the main blonde in the 'Sailor Moon' suit) looked good in the movie but I've seen her in real life and she looks totally different (not in a good way)... the rest of the girls were so-so... movie plot reminded me a bit of Leonardo DiCaprio in 'Shutter Island'... coincidence or biting? not sure...

I'd say 7 outta 10...
    visuals were a 9, soundtrack was an 8, but the plot and dialogue brought it down to a 7...
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sniperk wrote: »
    Just saw the movie tonight.

The cinematography was amazing... soundtrack was tight, especially the bass on that Bjork song... had the theatre bumpin'... could have been a bit darker like 300 but I heard the studio made Snyder tone it down so it wouldn't get an R-rating...

That Baby Doll girl (the main blonde in the 'Sailor Moon' suit) looked good in the movie but I've seen her in real life and she looks totally different (not in a good way)... the rest of the girls were so-so... movie plot reminded me a bit of Leonardo DiCaprio in 'Shutter Island'... coincidence or biting? not sure...

I'd say 7 outta 10...
    visuals were a 9, soundtrack was an 8, but the plot and dialogue brought it down to a 7...

? critics...... this seems like a fun movie
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Man I saw that ? with my girl, that ? was mad disappointing. Some sad, women abuse, ? emotional depressing ? . Movie was so depressing my girl almost didn't wanna ? when I brought her home SMH.

The only good thing about the movie was the action parts. Since it was made by the people from 300 and The Watchmen I ran to see it, they fooled my black ass good. I can't remember the last time I felt like I wasted my money on a movie.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    damn ol girl was looking scrumptious in that sailor moon outfit
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? critics...... this seems like a fun movie

it was the plot was a lil weird but some people are looking too deep into the movie. Just gotta take it for what it is some bad chicks busting ass. Its definitely for a younger audience i can see why he got bad reviews. i enjoyed it
  • iphucq
    iphucq Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ohhhh that movie was horrible but it looked tight.....i recommend it 2 any1 who likes random ass movies ( ya probably listen primarily to ? rap 2)......me, i dont, thats why i still say this movie sukkkkkkkkkkkkked
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    after reading this thread im still not sure if I wanna see it or not its like 50/50 in here
  • rantanamo
    rantanamo Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    damn ol girl was looking scrumptious in that sailor moon outfit

Yup, Thighs was wanting out in a good way when she was wearing the dance outfits. All the girls was looking good. Was surprised by the ? actions of certain characters though. Damn depressing. But ? , enjoy the effects and the girls. I just can't imagine a black dude not enjoying that on the low at least.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? looks dope imo
    i like snyders style he didnt disappoint me with his films
  • rhythmandpoetry
    rhythmandpoetry Members Posts: 22
    edited March 2011
    Options
    watchmen is probably the best graphic novel adaptation i have seen, cant decide between that and dark knight

I have the same opinion!
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »

that was a good movie

Watchmen is a great film , better than most comic films...