why do blacks still ? with MLK jr.?

Options
ineedpussy
ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
im wondering because this man killed not just american blacks dreams but black worldwide. lets discuss and ill show you what i mean.

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »
    im wondering because this man killed not just american blacks dreams but black worldwide. lets discuss and ill show you what i mean.

Elaborate what are u trying to say
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lets discuss .... kick up ya knowldedge family .
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    thought provoking thread. maybe because we tend to live in the past?
  • KingJamal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I will say this I ain't down with that turn the other cheek ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You are an idiot.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    dont trust any ? named jr
  • Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You are an idiot.

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    dont trust any ? named jr

*killer from Menace to Society voice* "shoot that ? Jr"
  • ineedpussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it goes like this. at the end of the day intergration ? black people up. no matter how you shake it. before intergration blacks depended on each other so we did for self. but after we became complacent and became consumers of all and producers of none. it just irks me when ? get made at the school systems or made cause a white person discriminated on them for a job, house, or some other ? . people get made at black selling jobs in the community but a ? like me dont because im like what jobs do you have to offer your own people. to me ? are the stupiest people on earth. and mlk helped me and the world realize that.
  • KingJamal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it goes like this. at the end of the day intergration ? black people up. no matter how you shake it. before intergration blacks depended on each other so we did for self. but after we became complacent and became consumers of all and producers of none. it just irks me when ? get made at the school systems or made cause a white person discriminated on them for a job, house, or some other ? . people get made at black selling jobs in the community but a ? like me dont because im like what jobs do you have to offer your own people. to me ? are the stupiest people on earth. and mlk helped me and the world realize that.

Ok now I see wat ur tryin to say. The old intergration issue.
  • ineedpussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    why am i an idiot? you cant even come in here and discuss like that an adult with out name calling my point exactly.
  • KingJamal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know one thing. Alotta black kids have low self esteem becuz they think their history starts with slavery. And they read about these white people and their accomplishments all ? day in school.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    my ? ? may not have the most popular opinions, but he aint never lied.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options

so basically what u are saying is before mlk blacks had the world in their hands with jobs capital resources and security ?

if mlk wouldn't of stepped in u probably wouldn't be here to kick ya ? my ? .. them whites were setting ? on fire literally .
  • ineedpussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Ok now I see wat ur tryin to say. The old intergration issue.

yeah bruh. it ? us up like a muthafucka. like before intergration you wouldnt here ? clownin a nother ? cause he was smart or spoke with elequence. ? clowned you cause you was a ? /didnt try to learn. now ? clown you for being smart or talking elequent aka white but ? like playmaker and others get mad when ? do that but cant understand it was mlk jr.'s doing. dumb ?
  • KingJamal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    so basically what u are saying is before mlk blacks had the world in their hands with jobs capital resources and security ?

if mlk wouldn't of stepped in u probably wouldn't be here to kick ya ? my ? .. them whites were setting ? on fire literally .

They stopped????
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's kinda of a silly argument in my opinion. Maybe 'Separate But Equal' would have worked if one group did not have itself seated in positions of power over the other (politics, law enforcement, etc) or if both groups started out on equal footing. But since that's not the case, I can't agree with that. If you think black people in America would have been better off without MLK Jr. (And I'm not saying that is what you're getting at), then that's just crazy.

But I'm all for discussing ? like this. Seem like ? can't talk about anything real on the IC without acting like clowns. So salute.
  • ineedpussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know one thing. Alotta black kids have low self esteem becuz they think their history starts with slavery. And they read about these white people and their accomplishments all ? day in school.

you right. if we still had our own schools we could show OUR people OUR accomplishments. not just sports and entertainment.
    my ? ? may not have the most popular opinions, but he aint never lied.

good looks

but thats whats wrong with ? . they didnt want to take initiative. if king would of said yall need to get economical freedom first then i would love that ? . but he was off that turn the other cheek ? . aka christianity that was also detrimental to our health. i guess you only read the words. not between or behind. typical ? ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They stopped????

ok here is a question for the T/S ......

u just posted a paragragh telling us how MLK set us back ..... now post a paragraph on where u visualize us if MLK never opened his mouth .....
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Waka Flocka been said "? MLK"
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    That's kinda of a silly argument in my opinion. Maybe 'Separate But Equal' would have worked if one group did not have itself seated in positions of power over the other (politics, law enforcement, etc) or if both groups started out on equal footing. But since that's not the case, I can't agree with that. If you think black people in America would have been better off without MLK Jr. (And I'm not saying that is what you're getting at), then that's just crazy.

But I'm all for discussing ? like this. Seem like ? can't talk about anything real on the IC without acting like clowns. So salute.

@ bolded, thats another thread.....something like where will blacks today be without MLK
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    .. I still stand by what i said ..

Dont turn this into a malcom vs martin thread.. they both were necessary.. they both were looked at the same by Negros who didnt want to make "Trouble" and also as "Militants" by cracka ass crackas..

I mean they were only two of the many, among the unsung nameless faces of the civil rights struggle.. names you never heard of and wont.
  • ineedpussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

props to you for atleast discussing something real cause my threads like this have been deleted many times. anyway. an old adage ive always heard and you too is that a zebra never changes its stripes or a leopard its spots. ? should of took marcus garvey and black wallstreets model and ran with it. that seperate but equal ? would of never flew cause honkeys werent bout to give us equal anything. even if we did stay on our side of town. black people would of been waaaaaaaaay better off without mlk jr. and i can tell you now that ? would be on a whole new level of success if we would of just shot that ? instead of the cia
  • KingJamal
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Like I said the only thing I didn't like about MLKjr was the turn the other cheek ? he got from Gandhi.

LOL whats funny is that Gandhi thought us Black people were inferior his damn self. Ain't that some ? .
  • ineedpussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    .. I still stand by what i said ..

Dont turn this into a malcom vs martin thread.. they both were necessary.. they both were looked at the same by Negros who didnt want to make "Trouble" and also as "Militants" by cracka ass crackas..

I mean they were only two of the many, among the unsung nameless faces of the civil rights struggle.. names you never heard of and wont.

mlk was only need for house ? . meaning the ? who wanted to move around master to feel like they was on his level.
    ok here is a question for the T/S ......

u just posted a paragragh telling us how MLK set us back ..... now post a paragraph on where u visualize us if MLK never opened his mouth .....

well we would still have a since of community. you think all this ? your ? and ? selling dope and senseless killing would be going on? nope. there would probably still be people killing but not at the rate it is now and drugs wouldnt be like it is either. like i said earlier ? wouldnt be clowning ? cause they want to learn. just watch great debaters ? . they had a thug ass ? on there but the ? was still smart than a muthafucka regardless. and lets not get into black businesses.