ClemsonKUjayhawks215
ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllGaming
its no comparison...MVC3 is soooo much more faster and fun to play

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i havent played SSF4, but im gonna guess that MvC3 is more newbie-friendly. i think you need actual skill to be good at Street Fighter.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i havent played SSF4, but im gonna guess that MvC3 is more newbie-friendly. i think you need actual skill to be good at Street Fighter.

Hit the nail on the head
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    MvC3 is more newbie-friendly. i think you need actual skill to be good at Street Fighter.

this, if you not a fighting game veteran you'll have alot fun with MVC3 and think its better.

If you're the opposite then SF4 will be better for you
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2011
    SF games and MVC games always been similar to me.
    Slight speed difference but the moves remain the same
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    Yea most people that dont really play fighting games just wanna "get in there" and "press buttons", and thats what actually works in MVC
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Doesn't have anything to do with skill or veteran status IMO. Everything does not always need a label. Some people just perfer one style of play over the other.
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    edited March 2011
    i been playing fighting games since street fighter champion edition in the arcade... MVC3 is just a better style of playing... SSf4 is like watching paint dry
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i skipped SSF4, but I enjoy MvC3. If i want street fighter id rather play Alpha on PSN. ? still a lot of fun.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i like both but i agree with op, ssf4 gets boring, mvc3 never does
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    lol.... i see BCotton taking it like a man, i expected to see him in here going postal ...lol
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ive always like marvel v capcom over street fighter..
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Chances are you suck at fighting games. SF is more nuanced, marvel is chaos and relatively unbalanced, it's fun to you because the training wheels leniency allow for even the least coordinated of people to link stuff. Marvel is fun, but it's not so much a fighting game, but a fighting game RTS hybrid with shiny effects and fan service. Not that theirs anything wrong with that. I was not a big fan of marvel 2, though I loved marvel 1. I would've taken CVS3 over marvel, but marvel is still fun as ? though.
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    Chances are you suck at fighting games. SF is more nuanced, marvel is chaos and relatively unbalanced, it's fun to you because the training wheels leniency allow for even the least coordinated of people to link stuff. Marvel is fun, but it's not so much a fighting game, but a fighting game RTS hybrid with shiny effects and fan service. Not that theirs anything wrong with that. I was not a big fan of marvel 2, though I loved marvel 1. I would've taken CVS3 over marvel, but marvel is still fun as ? though.

lol pretty much, I feel the same way. I could at least respect the skill that went into the earlier Marvel VS Capcom games, you had to put in some work to pull off the crazy ?

If the game doesnt have depth then it wont have a long life span

Capcom did the same thing Nintendo did from Melee to Brawl, Brawl is a horrible excuse of a competitive game

And yea I wouldve loved a Capcom vs Snk 3, Tekke X Street Fighter is shaping up really good though
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i prefer ssf4.
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    edited March 2011
    to whoever thinks i "suck" im open to play whoever
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    to whoever thinks i "suck" im open to play whoever

In this game or SF4?
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    edited March 2011
    mvc i aint play ssf4 since like january
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    Ill add you in a min
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Man, though Marvel 3 is a lot easier than 1 & 2, it isnt like u can just mash random buttons in MVC3 and beat people, unless they are as bad or worse than u are, try that ? on me. I love SSFIV as much as everyone else, but they did also make that game a lot more lenient as far as pulling off special moves and ? , compared to the older SFs.
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    See yall going make think hard about SSF4. I'm already getting MK. That's too many fighting games with possibly MVC3, SSF4, and MK.
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    GTariq wrote: »
    See yall going make think hard about SSF4. I'm already getting MK. That's too many fighting games with possibly MVC3, SSF4, and MK.

lol I buy all of them, I aint gonna front, to this day I have never played a single round of Blazblue lol
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    lol I buy all of them, I aint gonna front, to this day I have never played a single round of Blazblue lol

Didn't you say they may be coming with 3rd Strike in the summer. I'm a wait for that.
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    GTariq wrote: »
    Didn't you say they may be coming with 3rd Strike in the summer. I'm a wait for that.

probably Fall, they gonna show more 3rd Strike and SF X Tekken at the Captivate event
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    edited March 2011
    id much rather play a top tier player in ssf4 than mvc3...IMHO u have a better chance of a upset in ssf4
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    id much rather play a top tier player in ssf4 than mvc3...IMHO u have a better chance of a upset in ssf4

LMAO no you dont, not against any good player you dont. Id like to see you try to beat me with Fei Long Honda C Viper Akuma or Balrog in SF4

x factor and MVC3 in general offers alot of randomness for a bad player to have a chance against a better player