How Would U Feel If Every Black Male Was GONE?

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in The Powder Room
So I had my iPODz on Shufflez and this song came on by Jill Scott called "Tell Me how You'd Feel."

For those who dont know the song it's basically asking black males how they'd feel if every single black woman on the planet was to just suddenly disappear (Mother, daughter, sister, GF., wife). And me being the type of person I am. Instead of just "getting" the song (guilty tripping black males into respecting black females under the premise that if it wasnt for them we wouldnt be, etc etc etc)...I actually think of my answer to the questioneverytime the song comes on...and my answer changes every time.

But FEMALES: HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IN A WORLD WITHOUT BLACK MALES?
Simple question. Dont be trying to qualify and quantify and add extras. Just that question straight no chaser...:)

KAT (poor thing) we know you'd just faint, come-to, and slit your throat so we dont need your answer...

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol smiley face
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    Lol smiley face
    lol............

I'd call yall scary heffas for not replying. But....it is the Powder Room.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To solely answer the question in the title: I would die alone. And before that, I'd die inside.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    lol............

I'd call yall scary heffas for not replying. But....it is the Powder Room.

But back to subject

Boom check it

I get what Jill Scott and lonely black women like her are trying to get at

But in the end black men don't owe you anything just because you have the same skin tone, and trying shame black men by throwing their mammy or in desperate scenarios, their daughter into the equation won't change that

Too many women feel the need to get motherly and chastise men for things that shouldn't even be their concern, let grown men be grown men, if you don't like his dating selection or how he treats or speaks to women, do yourself a favor and leave him alone.
  • tam
    tam Members Posts: 903
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As much as y'all ? each other it's gonna happen sooner or later.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lmao tam still post on here wtf?
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To solely answer the question in the title: I would die alone. And before that, I'd die inside.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Im lovin this girl right here
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited March 2011
    Options

I agree. I think women think more on a connection level, but many men dont view women that way. they arent tryna connect to women at all
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i'd be so hurt :( not only would i be alone, i'd be depressed, angry, and all kinds of other ?

except lesbian, of course
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would go crazy :(
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'd lose my damn mind. My uncles, cousins, nephews? Gone? Seriously? Forget about the black love ? ..just the family part would ? me up for REAL.
  • tam
    tam Members Posts: 903
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'd lose my damn mind. My uncles, cousins, nephews? Gone? Seriously? Forget about the black love ? ..just the family part would ? me up for REAL.

this.................
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would be depressed.

*waits for it*
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Yeah, pretty much.
  • Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Broker & on the verge of having a nervous break down.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options

i listened to the song and this was my reaction...i'd feel sad that the women in my family were gone...and co-sign Darx and Haute saying trying to guilt trip black males into "appreciating" black women more is just stupid
  • iphucq
    iphucq Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if all blk males where gone....who would white guys ( let alone every other race) ? ?????????how would they dress and what slang would they use??????????
  • iphucq
    iphucq Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    But back to subject

Boom check it

I get what Jill Scott and lonely black women like her are trying to get at

But in the end black men don't owe you anything just because you have the same skin tone, and trying shame black men by throwing their mammy or in desperate scenarios, their daughter into the equation won't change that

Too many women feel the need to get motherly and chastise men for things that shouldn't even be their concern, let grown men be grown men, if you don't like his dating selection or how he treats or speaks to women, do yourself a favor and leave him alone.

i agree......this 1 fat ? similar 2 jill scott chastised me when i told her i didnt wanna date her cuz she was fat......(im not attracted 2 fat and she wanted 2 know) she was like....." you should judge a person on the inside' reallly? If she were judging me on the inside then she would see that im really not that great of a person......i was NEVER nice 2 her and she still thought she could convince me.........im tired of these ugly chicks thinkin somethins wrong with blk men....something wrong with the way they ugly ass looks....fix it and we can chill
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I imagine a similar predicament happened during slavery times
  • dominique19
    dominique19 Members Posts: 295
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No words to really describe it. Can't imagine it
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if we left the world black women would have no one to blame for their own misfortunes.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if we left the world black women would have no one to blame for their own misfortunes.

the truest ? i ever wrote.
  • dominique19
    dominique19 Members Posts: 295
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Those women do exist but not all black women blame balck men for their misfortunes as a matter of fact i can truthfully say that most of my misfortunes came from my own bad decision making