Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition release date June 24

Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllGaming
supersfivae00.jpg
A report this morning by EuroGamer through the BBFC, listed Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition having a release date of June 24, 2011 in the United Kingdom.

June 24 this year is a Friday, and DLC release dates are typically on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so this points to another disc-based release, although it's possible Capcom will offer the update in two flavors.

The BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) passed the game with no cuts and it has 6 minutes and 49 seconds worth of cut-scenes. The BBFC is an organization, funded by the film industry and responsible for the classification in the UK. It classifies videos, DVDs and some video games.

Earlier this month, the Korea’s Game Rating Board rated SSF4 Arcade Edition. A notable thing about the listing is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition was rated twice, which is typically done in cases with multi platform releases on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. In cases of a PC release, a third rating is posted.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/mar/28/captivate-event-next-week-embargo-lifted-april-12th/

0328_captivate.jpg

Capcom's annual Captivate event will be held next week and the information embargo will be lifted on April 12, 2011.

This is definitely a day to mark on your calendars, as major announcements from the company are made every year at this event, and Ono has been teasing a number of things that should get fighting game fans excited.

Updates on Street Fighter X Tekken and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition are expected, along with an official announcement on the home release of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition.

Complete coverage of Captivate, as it relates to fighting game fans, will be provided here on the front page of EventHubs, so keep checking back.

Comments

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Better be a dlc, if not i'm gonna have to pass
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Better be a dlc, if not i'm gonna have to pass

Same here, i already done bought this ? twice. To have to buy the game again? for a couple extra characters and gameplay tweaks? Im straight.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    gotdayum if this aint milkin it?
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    probably gonna be both DLC and disc release, I would rather have a disc though
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    A report this morning by EuroGamer through the BBFC, listed Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition having a release date of June 24, 2011 in the United Kingdom.

June 24 this year is a Friday, and DLC release dates are typically on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so this points to another disc-based release, although it's possible Capcom will offer the update in two flavors.

The BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) passed the game with no cuts and it has 6 minutes and 49 seconds worth of cut-scenes. The BBFC is an organization, funded by the film industry and responsible for the classification in the UK. It classifies videos, DVDs and some video games.

Earlier this month, the Korea’s Game Rating Board rated SSF4 Arcade Edition. A notable thing about the listing is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition was rated twice, which is typically done in cases with multi platform releases on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. In cases of a PC release, a third rating is posted.
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    major pain wrote: »
    gotdayum if this aint milkin it?

lol the amount of changes they add to the game make it an entirely different experience

And word is there is 8 more characters coming

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/satui.html#character_btn
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    with 8 more characters I'd cop, I would regardless though I suppose. I just wish capcom would add some new ? stages, Jesus ? , give me something different to look at.
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    with 8 more characters I'd cop, I would regardless though I suppose. I just wish capcom would add some new ? stages, Jesus ? , give me something different to look at.

lol cs I paid 60 bucks for games like GOW3, all the COD's and pretty much every other hyped game thats dropped this gen, all good games mind you. . And they only get a few weeks of play before they hit the shelf.

SSF4 cost 40 bucks and I put hundreds of hours into it. And this game will most likely be 30-40 bucks, ? it might even be 20 bones depending on how much they add to it
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    lol cs I paid 60 bucks for games like GOW3, all the COD's and pretty much every other hyped game thats dropped this gen, all good games mind you. . And they only get a few weeks of play before they hit the shelf.

SSF4 cost 40 bucks and I put hundreds of hours into it. And this game will most likely be 30-40 bucks

Exactly, those hundreds of hours definitely make the price worth it, and like you said it will be cheaper than most retail games.
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    Overview of Evil Ryu in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition

Giving an overview of Evil Ryu's various attributes and moves, GLHF.tv did this handy quick hitting video for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition players.

It mostly focuses on what Evil Ryu's moves are and what they look like, but it also touches on some of his strengths/weaknesses and what his moves are capable of. Notes are included explaining the on screen action, making it easy to follow along with.

Evil Ryu's alt costume

25_ryualt.jpg

24_eryu07.jpg

24_eryu06.jpg
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I wasn't even going to bother, but Oni Akuma has me tempted to get this. They appear to have actually put some effort into him. Evil Ryu.... not so much.
  • stoneface
    edited March 2011
    Looks dope, but wouldnt it even save the company some money if it was DLC?
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    stoneface wrote: »
    Looks dope, but wouldnt it even save the company some money if it was DLC?

You have to pay Sony and MS to put content on the downloadable market too, they dont just put it up for you to make profit
  • stoneface
    edited March 2011
    You have to pay Sony and MS to put content on the downloadable market too, they dont just put it up for you to make profit

Yeah, but I wonder if its cheaper to go that route than to manufacture the content in disc form, i dont know, just a thought
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ill prolly cop since i didnt get a chance to cop SSFIV
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    stoneface wrote: »
    Yeah, but I wonder if its cheaper to go that route than to manufacture the content in disc form, i dont know, just a thought

yes it is cheaper to go the digital download route. you are cutting out all your physical product manufacturing costs.

not worth more than 10-15 bucks. anymore than that and i'll pass.
  • stoneface
    edited March 2011
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    yes it is cheaper to go the digital download route. you are cutting out all your physical product manufacturing costs.

not worth more than 10-15 bucks. anymore than that and i'll pass.
    I think it should be a DLC at $20 tops...
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    Oni to be officially unlocked in SSF4 AE on April 8, 2011

oni-akuma.jpg

ssf4ae-oni4.jpg

Versus City translated a report from Arcadia Magazine stating that Oni will be unlocked in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition on April 8, 2011. Also, there's brief news about Super Battle Opera and a few other things from the magazine.

Originally spotted by SpeedBrkr