Options
2»

Comments

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    If TS truly believe what he says, he wouldn't even have to preface his statement comparing the two artist, because to be honest they aren't even in the same position or the same type of mcs. Krit sounds like ? C to me while J Cole is more of a eastcoast lyricist, both bring something different to rap and both have different career trajectory.

True, but most of this stems from Cole stans treating him like he's beyond what he is. You know Im a fan of his, but Ive heard ? to my face call him the best rapper alive. It gets annoying... But what you say is true, they both making good music...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As for the production tip, Krit is more consistent with his sound, but J Cole is more varied.KRIT beats have that sameness to all his tracks, he doesn't switch up his beats at all. J Cole is real hit or miss with his production, he will have some dope ? (the autograph, enchanted,etc) and have some bland ass ? (Unabomber,Heartache,etc).
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    True, but most of this stems from Cole stans treating him like he's beyond what he is. You know Im a fan of his, but Ive heard ? to my face call him the best rapper alive. It gets annoying... But what you say is true, they both making good music...

I thought ? said J Cole had no fans?
  • Kame
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought ? said J Cole had no fans?

he do.... not like you say though.. you exaggerate the hell out of it loll. But I know plenty of college girls, not a lot but many who listen and at least know who he is

you make it seem like the majority of little white girls are bumping j cole
  • GoFoJoe
    GoFoJoe Members Posts: 147
    edited March 2011
    Options
    there about even but i personally prefer cole, gotta wait for the retail albums though
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought Cole was better (probably still do) but then KRIT dropped his tape and im liking his music a whole lot....but thats just it, his music is more new and its def different so of course we're gonna be all about Krit right now.

Heres my thing, we're allowed to like both artists...

and im not gonna sit here and forget how dope the come up, warm up and FNL are...but this krit tape truly is incredible to be free (i thought the same thing with FNL when it came out)

so for a "final" comparison i would rather wait for a retail album to see whats really good

This man knows....

J. Cole - The Comeup, The Warmup, Friday Night Lights
    Krit - Krit Wuz Here, Return of 4eva
    Curren$y - Pilot Talk I & II

I dont really give a ? about who is hotter than who.....all these jawns keep me fed
  • Kame
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As for the production tip, Krit is more consistent with his sound, but J Cole is more varied.KRIT beats have that sameness to all his tracks, he doesn't switch up his beats at all.

Can argue you on that.... plus the quality of them better as well
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No need to turn this into a Cole thread but....everyone i know (in my age range 18-24) knows J.Cole. Maybe he's more concentrated in the east coast than in the south...
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wasn't Krit touring with Wiz on that waken and baken tour and he was on kush and oj so people know who he is
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Krit makes country rap tunes