What's your motivation to keep going to the gym

wmj710
wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Weight Room
What keeps you motivated, what are your goals?

Comments

• Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I don't go to the gym. I try to live a healthy lifestyle (nutritious diet, exercise, fresh air, ) to take care of my brain and it helps with my insomnia.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    All the fat people in the world. I refuse to let myself get like that, prolly couldnt If I tried cause I havnt gained more then 2 or 3 pounds in 10 years but it always feels good coming out the gym. Plus its something to do instead of sitting on the couch watching lame ass tv.

I started with a goal to gain 10 pounds but that ? is ? and with my job its even harder so I go just to stay fit now.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    goin to the gym is just part of my lifestyle..i'm getting ready to lean out for the summer..i want to be around 220 with 10% body fat...right now im 235 with 16%
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    my dad's side of the family is big as ? ...i got their thunder thighs :( so im trying to fight the rest of the genes

been going ? the last 2 weeks, starting to see results in how my clothes fit so that keeps me motivated and wanting to go to the gym
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Well, for the first time in my life I'm paying for my gym membership! So, yeah....spending my money definitely motivates me to keep going.

I'm going on a cruise in August with my friends and on a family vacation...to Puerto Rico I believe....and I don't wanna be the fat one!

Besides all of that, I just want to look/feel good and the latter definitely happens after every workout--I feel a burst of energy through the rest of the day....loves it.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    wmj710 wrote: »

My goals? I have none. But I know the gift that has been bestowed upon to me by ? himself. I am cursed with a heavy burden because whenever I walk into the room I realize that I am the strongest and most physically capable person there. I know that those other people are like children compared to me and I feel as though it is my duty to protect them. I can never relax around other people because they see me as some kind of anabolic jacked huge beast monster...or some kind of super being. when they look at me I see fear and awe in their eyes. I know that it is my duty to protect them from any harm that might come their way. sometimes the gravity of the situation and the realizations just come crashing down on me and I become overwhelmed to the point of tears, and I must run into the bathroom and loose my bowels in privacy to avoid them realizing that I am human just like them. I feel like I have gone down a path of no return and that I am becoming something I dont understand.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Either I workout at home, or in the fitness room by my lady's apartment complex. I really don't have any goals, other than to remain in shape. Working out 3-4 times a week makes me feel great.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    gotta keep the ladies interested

computer-desk-no-love.jpg
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    wmj710 wrote: »

My motivation is this bikini I have hanging up on my door, keeps me working out and eating right.
    My goal is to reach 165 and tone up.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Appearance
    Reaching my goal of benching 315 (reached it last year, but now I'm over it)
    Strength
    Leisure
    Ease the mind
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Cause I love to win and losing sucks. juts lost my last one and it ? me the ? off.
    Bout to head over there right now MOF
  • iphucq
    iphucq Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    2 keep ladies interested.....fine women dont ? fat ? ....they might date a fat ? but @ 3 am she callin the ? with the nice body......lets be real....if u got a nice body u can b an ass 2 a chick and she'll straight up ask u 4 the d........

4 the peeps who disagree

check my signature.....the 2nd 1
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Sparring with other people.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    cosign posts 3,4, 8, 10, 12 and 14....7 is just hilarious.
  • HATCHIGO
    HATCHIGO Members Posts: 78
    edited March 2011
    My main motivation is the fact that i'm paying for it. Now it has just become a lifestyle.....
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    motivation...when the ladies see me out in the streets and say i have a nice body. when i take my shirt off at the pool and the women stare....and their ? hate.

just looking good...and knowing that its hard work..very hard work and its paid off. Dont want to get slack or get fat
  • Louie V. Slugger
    Louie V. Slugger Members Posts: 392
    edited March 2011
    Summertime. Nobody wants to be the ? in the pool with his shirt still on.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Vanity .............
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Huruma wrote: »
    I don't go to the gym. I try to live a healthy lifestyle (nutritious diet, exercise, fresh air, ) to take care of my brain and it helps with my insomnia.

This.
    Plus I have my own elliptical in my home and this may sounds strange but the way my body feels (I run my hands down the sides of my body) is motivation. That alone tells me everything.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    My motivation is this bikini I have hanging up on my door, keeps me working out and eating right.
    My goal is to reach 165 and tone up.

How tall are you?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I just checked my BMI and it says I'm overweight smh
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    How tall are you?

she is 5'10.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    This.
    Plus I have my own elliptical in my home and this may sounds strange but the way my body feels ( I run my hands down the sides of my body) is motivation. That alone tells me everything.

Hmmmmmm....Indeed

23thva0.gif
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    the women in the gym
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    she is 5'10.

Damn Pico a big girl