what are your thoughts on....OZ?

Trollio
Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
goat show
just finished the whole series

my thoughts:
McManus was ? all the hoes
adebisi was the man
? up what happened to kareem
im glad one of the o reilly bros died
ryan was a sneaky ?
beecher was the dumbest ? eva

got damn erbody was on oz
surprised the wayans wasnt on that ?

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    2 much ? ? didn't watch more than an episode
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I been watching the re runs on HBO at night, show was pretty ? up
  • Trollio
    edited March 2011
    quick facts:

The arm that is being tattooed in the opening credits belongs to series creator Tom Fontana.

The prison set was actually an old warehouse that Tom Fontana had revamped. Fontana was also able to move his production offices into the space. Fontana would renew the lease on the space one year at a time in case the show got cancelled. During production on the fourth season, Tom Fontana learned that the owner of the property signed off a 10-year lease to NY1, a local New York City news station. The fourth season finale was titled "Famous Last Words" and ends with a fiery explosion in the prison. This was so that the episode could also serve as the series finale in case Fontana was unable to find a new filming location for the show. Fortunately, Fontana found a similar looking warehouse in New Jersey he could use and the show was able to continue.

Jefferson Keane is executed halfway through the first season because the actor portraying him, Leon, refused to commit to a series. When Leon asked Tom Fontana why he was being killed off, Fontana told him it was because he said he wouldn't commit to more than four episodes. Leon replied that he thought he'd been talked out of that and actually wanted to stay.

Some cast members that played prisoners have noted that, throughout the series, if you showed up late to the set, your punishment would be that your character would either die or be ? the next week.

Craig muMs Grant (Arnold 'Poet' Jackson) actually wrote all the poems he read in the series.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    was a fan of the show when it originally aired.

but looking at random episodes now it doesnt really stand the test of time. Compared to other great cable shows like the Wire & the Sopranos.
    It jumped the shark for me when the killed Admista.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Good series if u can look past the ? ? ..... yeah......
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Even tho it sent a message from the get to, they shouldnt have killed Dino so soon.
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Great show....great acting, also this ? should be shown to young offenders when they think prison is cool... though its more the thought of male ? than actually getting murdered that is the scary element in this show... But once again its some RAW ? .
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    beecher was that ? the time he ? on the racist dude

adebeisi used dog kenny
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    was a fan of the show when it originally aired.

but looking at random episodes nowit doesnt really stand the test of time. Compared to other great cable shows like the Wire & the Sopranos.
    It jumped the shark for me when the killed Admista.

co-sign I tried to start watching from the 1st ep to the last like I do with Wire,Sopranos,Dexter and it just hasnt aged well plus it got corny when they started doing silly stuff like the age pill and the one dude (luke perry) being "Jesus"
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    after a while they started going overboard with the ? ? ....i heard that most of the cast was paid the actors minimum wage
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I'm tryna remember...Beecher did get released, towards the end of the last season...ri-??

Yeah he got out and then did some dumb ? for Keller that violated his parole and got tossed back in SMH. Keller's ? hand was strong
  • Trollio
    edited March 2011
    keller>>>>>>>>>