Dixie Carter FAILS again. Improper management of Twitter

Options
Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
Twitter suspended TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter’s account today.

Her account was suspended due to a violation of the website’s terms of service. Approximately a month ago, a background image featuring a photoshopped “Verified Account” logo was uploaded to the page. However, only Twitter may indicate that an account is verified.

Their terms of service reads: “Misuse of Twitter Badges: You may not use a Verified Account badge or Promoted Products badge unless it is provided by Twitter. Accounts using these badges as part of profile pictures, background images, or in a way that falsely implies affiliation with Twitter will be suspended.”

According to reader Kemco, numerous users reported the violating account to Twitter, which led to its suspension.

Carter launched the account in late 2009, coinciding with the arrival of Hulk Hogan, and was frequently plugged on TNA iMPACT! up until a few months ago. Some people have speculated that her “I am” tweet last week was in response to users calling her out for misrepresenting the account as verified.

What makes you think if this woman can't properly run a Twitter account that she can run a wrestling organization?

TNA is a media embarrassment.

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? dixie, tna, and twitter
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited April 2011
    Options
    She stay losin'
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Twitter was nice enough to reinstate Dixie Carter's account, removing the fake affiliate badge that Twitter gives out to real affiliates.

Dixie hadn't used Twitter for the past few weeks after fans chewed her ass out for stealing the mystery date promo (3-1-11) from WWE, which ended up being the return of Sting to TNA. I assume her feelings were hurt and she shut it down for a while to cry in the car.
    Twitter reinstated TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter’s account today after it was suspended Tuesday due to a breach of the microblogging service’s terms of use.

A background image featuring a photoshopped “Verified Account” badge was recently uploaded to the page. However, only Twitter may indicate that an account is verified. Their terms of service reads: “Misuse of Twitter Badges: You may not use a Verified Account badge or Promoted Products badge unless it is provided by Twitter. Accounts using these badges as part of profile pictures, background images, or in a way that falsely implies affiliation with Twitter will be suspended.”

Numerous users reported the violating account to Twitter, which led to its suspension. The image has now been removed.

Carter recently stopped tweeting, after getting barraged with a multitude of negative messages concerning herself and TNA Wrestling.

Her suspension from Twitter spawned a fake account, which Hulk Hogan bought as legit. The fake account asked Hogan to retweet news concerning TNA in Australia yesterday morning, and he did.

TNA taking all sorts of loses. Hogan giving out TNA business to unverified individuals requesting it? SMH!!! I guess he was on his pain medication and didn't know what the hell was going on. I bet that was his excuse.

Dixie better not use Twitter to announce any more lame surprises and idol chatter that will make her look like a wrestling stan and an imbecile. If anything, she should use that ? to listen to the fans that want to help her make money for her ? organization. Hogan and Bischoff and giving her raw ? to ? and running off with her purse at the same time. Nothing good is going to come of this. In the end, the fans will say, "We told you so, Dixie. You should have listened. We're not as dumb as Hogan and Bischoff told you we were".
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Only a nerd would give a ? about this. THIS MUCH.