Is there anyone in the history of Music Better than Bob Marley?

Comments

• Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The bolded has absolutely nothin to do wit MUSIC.I dont care about what bob marley did in Africa or Jamaica his music aint seiing Mj or stevie wonder

I said in one of my previous posts that africans and Jamaicans have him on a pedestal cuz of what he did outside of music but how does that make him a better artist?

Read the thread title

Anything a blind person has to do is harder than a person wit vison,There are people who cant play instruments wit their vison let alone master them without it

uncle tommy

so mj and stevie are better cuz they sell more? You do realise that before mj there wuz marvin ? right?

But Bob marley transformed slave musik into a world wide phenom and helpd giv birth to other genres of musik.

So u tellin me no afrikan amerikans that put bob on a pedestal? Lol! Who cares anyway, bob ? on any afrikan american musician pound for pound,beat for beat, lyric for lyric.

Bob's musik wuznt no billy jean gimmick, it wuz thru hz musik that the underpriviledged and oppressed rebelled against the imperialists,hz musik led to uprisings, popularized a culture and religion thru hz musik.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    garv wrote: »
    The Beatles influence is vastly overrated, they only have a big influence in the Western World, while Bob Marley is more recognizable worldwide.

Than the Beatles??? Are you ? ??
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    reaperbong wrote: »
    some of the disinformation and racist comments in here kinda irk me. in any case it's whatever but while celebrating Bob Marley the ? is hypocritical. quotes like this Bob would not be proud of or support:

just black people huh? Marley had no such agenda exclusive to black people.

link? i doubt it was that serious, but in any case Bob was half '? ' himself and wouldn't support such racist language from any side.

first off, Bob never had a pro-black agenda, let alone was he some kind of liberator who exclusively 'galvanized' black people. i don't like that you're trying to distort his message to be some kinda of pro-black thing. Bob himself was half-white. his father was a white Jamaican from England, a captain for the Royal Marines. he married Bob's mother when she was 18 and always supported them financially even though he was always gone on trips due to the nature of his work. his father died when Bob was only 10 years old. not once did Bob ever express any ill-feelings against his father or his white heritage. here's a quote:

"I don't have prejudice against meself. My father was a white and my mother was black. Them call me half-caste or whatever. Me don't dip on nobody's side. Me don't dip on the black man's side nor the white man's side. Me dip on ? 's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white." - Bob Marley

secondly, not that it's right to ever try and limit or narrow who should be celebrating him but Bob's music, lyrics, and message speaks to the 3rd world and indigenous people as a much greater whole not just black people. here's a nice summary from the wikipedia subsection Legacy:

and finally i would just like to clarify that all of those classic albums you named were created by a group called Bob Marley and The Wailers in which Bob was the lead singer. huge difference than to try and act like he created this music himself in comparison to true solo artists like Ray Charles or true one man superstar acts like Michael Jackson.

reaperbong are u white?

Bob pops wuz white but he wuz raised black and identified himself as black and thats reflected in hz musik. He talkd bout repatriation of blacks to afrika.. The message in hz musik wuz influencd by marcus garvey and haile selasie.

Bob wuz the creative force behind the wailers success after tosh and bunny left. Comparin Ray charles to bob marley is blasphemy
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    rage wrote: »

No, he aint ? . Garv spit the truth. Who the ? cares bout the beatles except europeans and white american?

Bob got the whole world bumpin hz ? . From afrika to fiji to hong kong, japan,europe,amerika,cuba,latin amerika.
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Not one post of mine mentioned sales and notice you focused on MJ and ignored everything I said about stevie

This deja vu you wont be objective this the thunder all over and it's no way out.I said what I was gonna say and thats that

every video posted in this thread Sucks BTW

13145_mn.jpg

Bob_Marley-Stevie_Wonder.jpg

Bob marley knew the deal he knew he was workin wit a GOAT

much respect to stevie wonder but outside amerika he got no influence, the majority of the world cnt relate to steve wonders musik but 90percent of the world atleast bump one bob song daily...
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    the wailers are the most consistent band in music history

ever album is either a classic or near classic

and thats 13 albums straight

ps. survival >>>>>>

cosign thz. All they albums be classic.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    They don't call me Marley for nothing.

Bob+Marley+%26+The+Wailers+-+Collections.jpg
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    James Brown FTW!
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    They don't call me Marley for nothing.

Bob+Marley+%26+The+Wailers+-+Collections.jpg

great avi nkechi! Distant Relatives is beyond classic. I never get tired of playin that ? .

Props to Bob for spreadin hz wisdom to hz seeds.
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    m. inferno wrote: »
    James Brown FTW!

i luv james brown musik but he aint touchn tuff gong
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011

Black people (on a majority scale) don't ? with the Beatles.
  • WSGP
    WSGP Members Posts: 94
    edited March 2011
    Bobby is mos def in my top 5 musicians all time but I would have to throw in Miles Davis and Jimi Hendrix as competition they both revolutionized their respective genres of music and did not comprise one single gram of their musical integrity. Hell Miles performed with his back to the audience and they still stood up in adulation. Jimi performed in front of 600,000 people at the Isles of Wright off of England and I bet anyone to this day that was there would say it was the greatest show ever. Bobby couldnt sing for ? though but it worked for his lyrics. I put Bob Dylan up their cause he is prolly one of the best lyricist to walk the face of this earth and Babyface as he is trully the complete artist, composing the music and the lyrics. With all that said Redemption is my GOAT song.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    these ? aint ready smh
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Not one post of mine mentioned sales and notice you focused on MJ and ignored everything I said about stevie

This deja vu you wont be objective this the thunder all over and it's no way out.I said what I was gonna say and thats that

every video posted in this thread Sucks BTW

13145_mn.jpg

Bob_Marley-Stevie_Wonder.jpg

Bob marley knew the deal he knew he was workin wit a GOAT

Check this out tommy boy.....Stevie wonder's tribute to Bob Marley, stevie knew who the GOAT wuz
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Mumo X wrote: »
    i luv james brown musik but he aint touchn tuff gong

strongly disagree with this.

Bob and JB are equal IMO

and if common listeners were to REALLY go deeper in James's catolouge pass the "hits"

they 'll see exactly how ahead of his time he was. James Brown had some ? man...I'm tellin' ya

his best music wasn't even on Billboard......
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    a.mann wrote: »
    strongly disagree with this.

Bob and JB are equal IMO

and if common listeners were to REALLY go deeper in James's catolouge pass the "hits"

they 'll see exactly how ahead of his time he was. James Brown had some ? man...I'm tellin' ya

his best music wasn't even on Billboard......

Cosign with the bolded. James Brown will never be touched. I hav Bob Marley ahead of him cuz im afrikan and i can relate more to his music.

James Brown is an Icon tho
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Mumo X wrote: »
    No, he aint ? . Garv spit the truth. Who the ? cares bout the beatles except europeans and white american?

Bob got the whole world bumpin hz ? . From afrika to fiji to hong kong, japan,europe,amerika,cuba,latin amerika.

Your a ? idiot if you think the Beatles arent a world wide phenomenon....actually your a ? idiot regardless.
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Never heard bob marley growing up at all.reggae music sucks and is prolly the WOAT genre wit heavy metal and country

I did hear stevie wonder and Mj all the time growing up

Like I said foreigners idolize bob marley in america he's 7th or 8th in the pecking order

uncle tommy i dont care what amerika thinks of bob, thats irrelevant imo. Tuff gong is the GOAT, he wuznt molestin kids like yo idol.
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Your a ? idiot if you think the Beatles arent a world wide phenomenon....actually your a ? idiot regardless.

like i said more people in the world identified wit bob marley than the beatles. But a ? like ya wouldnt be able to decipher tuff gongs lyrics
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011

You obviously haven't been to parts of Africa and South America, the Beatles are a Western World Phenomenon, i know being in America can make it seem as if the Beatles are the biggest artists to ever walk on this planet but beleive me the likes of Mj and Bob Marley have a bigger global presence.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Never heard bob marley growing up at all.reggae music sucks and is prolly the WOAT genre wit heavy metal and country

I did hear stevie wonder and Mj all the time growing up

Like I said foreigners idolize bob marley in america he's 7th or 8th in the pecking order

Thankfully America is only a small part of the world.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I'd have to throw Fela Kuti in there my dude

Definitely worthy of mention.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Mozart? Beethoven? Sure this ? is classical but its ingenious
  • raevanaa
    raevanaa Confirm Email Posts: 212
    edited March 2011
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Danny elfman > everyone mentioned in this thread

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I'm about to google that ? though