Debate: Cena vs Rock.......when should it happen?

TdotGoHARD87
TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
if it aint ay mania 28 i dont want to ? with it. rock has a movie to shoot this summer. put it to sleep after mania, pick it up by new year n build it up again. thats my opinion, i feel like they might rush it. whatever happened to storylines actually getting a legit chance to grow

smh@ the add generation

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Rock supposed to be on Raw after Wrestle Mania so who knows rumors talking bout SummerSlam if cats got to wait a whole year people will lose interest.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    A year is like a life time in wrestling now days
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    summerslam is logical or if they get crazy even the ppv after wm
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    there's heat there..do it now..but the WWE stay f'ing up story lines..so they will wait til nex year when nobody gives a f about it anymore
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    rock should ? up cena's title match with miz
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    this is the perfect time to turn cena heel......this reminds me of when the rock had to turn heel after facing hogan
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    this is the perfect time to turn cena heel......this reminds me of when the rock had to turn heel after facing hogan

So true. WWE would be fools not to turn cena a heel with all the heat he's gettin right now.

But a Rock vs Cena match shouldn't happen until Rock has had the time to get rid of that ring rust. Right now dude don't look quite right out there. I mean, he gave Miz a DDT and couldn't even spring back up like he used to, LOL
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The wise choice would be WrestleMania 28 in Florida but with Rock being in movies now there's no telling what his schedule is going to look like after WrestleMania. It would be nice if WWE had talented writers that could slowly build a Cena/Rock feud for a year but they can't even book simple storylines the right way so Summerslam it should be.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011

that took a few months to do though, i remember hearing boos for the rock after winnin the undisputed title, then hearing those infamous "Rocky sucks" chants at MSG at summerslam when he laust to brock
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    WM 28, build this ? like Sting vs Hogan. But they wont
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited March 2011
    this is too big of a match to have so soon. the buys for it @ mania 28 would be way bigger than any other ppv in the year. if vince was smart he would chill on this fued after mania. besides, considering the fact that rock is goin to start filming soon, why not give this storyline the proper room to grow. a year from now the build up will be epic
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ice_cold wrote: »
    rock should ? up cena's title match with miz
    This is what's wrong with wrestling. Cena vs miz for the title?
    Horse ?
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    This is what's wrong with wrestling. Cena vs miz for the title?
    Horse ?

miz has earned his spot, though i do think hes too green rite now, but hes getting better
  • Wake N Bake
    Wake N Bake Members Posts: 59
    edited March 2011
    But a Rock vs Cena match shouldn't happen until Rock has had the time to get rid of that ring rust. Right now dude don't look quite right out there. I mean, he gave Miz a DDT and couldn't even spring back up like he used to, LOL

that ? was hilarious, but for somebody that hasnt done ? in the ring for 7 odd years it wasnt too bad.. i know what you mean though, sending rock in rusty would just ? up the matches quality..
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    WM 28, build this ? like Sting vs Hogan. But they wont

I dont think that would work...since we see rock here now..and there could be no "story" that the fans could buy that would make sense to why the Rock wouldnt be healthy enough to fight now..plus with his hollywood schedule i dont think he would be able to make enough appearences to keep the story line going for the fans to still be intersted

at least with sting he was there full time....we all know the Rock aint gonna be..and fans gonna forget
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited March 2011
    real talk if they do cena rock anytime soon, please tell me what the main draw will be for mania next year? cena orton 100?
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    real talk if they do cena rock anytime soon, please tell me what the main draw will be for mania next year? cena orton 100?

U have 12 months to come up with something...what was thought to be the main event this year in 2010?
  • nujerz84
    edited March 2011
    The only way the interest might still be there for Rock vs Cena for next year WM is for either Cena or someone else beat the ? outta rock terribly on Raw that he got to be taken out in an Ambulance then have WWE say he needs surgery or some ? that takes about a year to recover. Then have Rock in the Hospital or rehab center vow revenge when he heals up. But it gonna be difficult to do if he not really hurt/injured.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited March 2011

Ever thought of Undertaker's streak being continued by a match with Cena next year since they never had it at WM?
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited March 2011
    cena vs taker? i dont think so not at that wrestlemania. thats some ? you got to save for when taker is done done on a retire vibe. thats some wm30 @msg type ?
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited April 2011
    Build it up old school for a year and have it @ WM28 in Miami..anything after that is ass!!
  • nujerz84
    edited April 2011
    The Feud been Building since Feb. 14th... u mean to tell me Feb to August is not enough to build Cena vs Rock for Summerslam? Thats 6 months.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    edited April 2011
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    The Feud been Building since Feb. 14th... u mean to tell me Feb to August is not enough to build Cena vs Rock for Summerslam? Thats 6 months.

but if the rock is goin be shooting a movie jus now why would you want his half hearted commitment to entertain us
  • nujerz84
    edited April 2011
    but if the rock is goin be shooting a movie jus now why would you want his half hearted commitment to entertain us

Fans will lose interest...I damn sure aint gonna wait a whole damn year for this match..
  • liljunior12785
    liljunior12785 Members Posts: 9
    edited April 2011
    I was hoping they would make it happen this year but that dream is gone. Summer Slam would be next on my list but I doubt they make it happen