Options

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    yeah people sittin here actin like Kareem just didn't exist

KAJ won one of those championships and three of those mvp's as a milwaukee buck.

kobe is definitely up there in a 3 way tie for greatest laker right now

he already top ten NBA

it is impossible for anyone to surpass the jordan legacy. if at the end of his career kobe comes in at number 2 or 3 i'd say thats a hell of an accomplishment, who gives a ? about MJ comparisons
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    everyone just needs to accept the fact that there is nothing that Kobe can do that will allow him to surpass Jordan.
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    KAJ won one of those championships and three of those mvp's as a milwaukee buck.

right, but does that still mean kobe automatically passes him? i'm not saying he does or he doesn't, but everyone was talking about Magic as the only other great Laker, thats why i threw out Kareem's name
  • b*braze
    edited March 2011
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    He'll be a ? with six rings and that is all.

lmao...

yeah nothing noteworthy about his career at all right?
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    lmao...

yeah nothing noteworthy about his career at all right?

Compared to Jordan?? Hell no.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kareem didn't get all those mvps as a Laker so imo kobe and magic are above him in the laker hierarchy
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kobe's a better than Magic ever was. Just off of the ? Kobe's done over his career, I'd be lying if I said Kareem was a more dynamic player than Kobe. Everybody can have their opinions but....IMHO Kobe's the best Laker ever.
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You mean, everyone who dislikes Kobe, for non-basketball reasons that they don't own up to but constantly resonate.

I dont have a problem with the man.. He just isnt as almighty as you make him out to be.
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You mean, everyone who dislikes Kobe, for non-basketball reasons that they don't own up to but constantly resonate.

i like kobe, and i doubt people dislike him for nonbasketball reasons, its just that Jordan is the DNA and kobe is a by-product
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    Kareem didn't get all those mvps as a Laker so imo kobe and magic are above him in the laker hierarchy

true, but people were saying Kobe is up there with Magic but nobody was even putting Kareem into the discussion.
  • b*braze
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    Compared to Jordan?? Hell no.

stupid...........
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    but i've seen both in person, and to me, Jerry West was more impressive of a player than Kobe
  • htowntx
    edited March 2011
    Options
    true, but people were saying Kobe is up there with Magic but nobody was even putting Kareem into the discussion.

I mean real bball fans already know Kareem is one of the greatest Lakers and ball players of all time.....but kobe and magic are the top 2 Lakers
  • b*braze
    edited March 2011
    Options
    but i've seen both in person, and to me, Jerry West was more impressive of a player than Kobe

impossible...........
  • htowntx
    edited March 2011
    Options

? u ain't that damn old lol
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How old are you????
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    smh@ yall acting like i didn't see the Zeek from Cabin Creek. i'm old. that is all
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bill russell>>>>jordan and kobe
  • The Entrepreneur
    The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
    edited March 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    I mean real bball fans already know Kareem is one of the greatest Lakers and ball players of all time.....but kobe and magic are the top 2 Lakers

So the fact that he did it in Mil means what, he is a Laker, people in Mil would even consider him a Laker
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    everyone just needs to accept the fact that there is nothing that Kobe can do that will allow him to surpass Jordan.

Anybody who's objective, not a stan of either & completely unbiased can see there's things Jordan never came close to doing that Kobe did.

Jordan = More complete player. Basically MJ was consistent. If Jordan's performance was described by a graph, ? would look like a <

>. Every night you knew you was gonna get 30 ppg from him & that the Playoffs were his to lose. Consistent.

Kobe = More dynamic on offense. If Kobe's performance was described by a line graph, ? would look like <
    ^^^^^^^^______________^^^^^^^
    > . Sporadic as ? . Kobe plays like ass alot, shoots himself out of games, makes selfish decisions but, when he gets on, ain't no wingman in the history of basketball seeing him. 3ball, midrange, driving the lane, when his ? falling, that's the reason why he could score 81 at will, 62 in 3 quarters, 50 for 4 games in a row.
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    bill russell>>>>jordan and kobe

seen him too. and guys like Big Country Bryant Reeves, Joe Wolfe, David Thompson, and Muresan could have consistant 25 point nights during that era.
  • The Entrepreneur
    The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Anybody who's objective, not a stan of either & completely unbiased can see there's things Jordan never came close to doing that Kobe did.

Jordan = More complete player. Basically MJ was consistent. If Jordan's performance was described by a graph, ? would look like a <

>. Every night you knew you was gonna get 30 ppg from him & that the Playoffs were his to lose. Consistent.

Kobe = More dynamic on offense. If Kobe's performance was described by a line graph, ? would look like <
    > . Sporadic as ? . Kobe plays like ass alot, shoots himself out of games, makes selfish decisions but, when he gets on, ain't no wingman in the history of basketball seeing him. 3ball, midrange, driving the lane, when his ? falling, that's the reason why he could score 81 at will, 62 in 3 quarters, 50 for 4 games in a row.

LMAO at you guys bring up regular season stats, how many does he have of those in the playoffs
  • b*braze
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So the fact that he did it in Mil means what, he is a Laker, people in Mil would even consider him a Laker

thats fine if we discussin greatest players of all time, but if we talkin about the greatest laker then you go by what he accomplished as a laker, meaning...

1a magic
    1b kareem
    2 kobe
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

and i'll take consistant dominance over sporadic dominance anyday
  • b*braze
    edited March 2011
    Options
    S/N i just seen that "girl" britney griner talk on espn.

melo.gif
    ? almost got as much bass in her voice as me