Would Michael Jordan still be the goat if he never came back from Baseball ?

The Entrepreneur
The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
edited March 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
So forgetting the second three peat and anything he did after the finals win against the Suns would he still be considered the Goat.
So no flu game, and no game winner against Utah

If not where would you have him ranked, and who would you have ahead of him ?

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    he'd still be the best. in the same way people view Jim Brown or Barry Sanders as the best. just happened to stop playing at a relatively young age.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ok really the mj threads need to be merged
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    He'd be on the same level as Magic and Bird

I think the bulls 2nd 3 peat was more impressive than the 1st

Without the 72 w's then 69 w's in back to back seasons,the 2 more mvp's and 3 more finals mvp's plus the shots vs utah in 97 and 98 solidified his spot

Bulls went 25-10 without scottie in 98 that says enough about who willed them title teams and who was the leader

lol u really got beef with Pippen but I cosign this
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    peagle05 wrote: »
    ok really the mj threads need to be merged

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    smh @ even using stats to measure Jordan's career. Just watching Jordan, you felt in the presence of greatness and that you were experiencing something that the world hadn't seen. i doubt anyone gets that feeling from Kobe or any other player
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    his legacy wouldnt be untouchable, but still top 3 behind magic and bird
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited March 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    smh @ even using stats to measure Jordan's career. Just watching Jordan, you felt in the presence of greatness and that you were experiencing something that the world hadn't seen. i doubt anyone gets that feeling from Kobe or any other player

Gotta Co-sign this, people don't understand that MJ did not become the Goat after he got his 6th ring to surpass Magic. People didn't call Magic the Goat before MJ cause he had 5 rings.

MJ was the Goat because he was the best player that anybody saw play the game period as I always say 25% is Accomplishments (Winning, Rings, MVPs) 25% is Stats (Scoring, field goal percentage) then 50% is based off of what you see on the court, how much better is he than his comp. Before people say that I am hating, I gave Kobe top 10 status but how much better is he than Lebron, D Wade, KD. Are you for sure that if you traded anyone of these guys for Kobe they wouldn't have the same amount of rings. I love Bird, Magic, Kareem, and all the other greats but if you traded any one of these guys for Jordan are you sure they would win as many if any rings ??? Kobe was outplayed by Paul Peirce in the finals and they lost, Jordan got swept by the Celtics and still showed he was the best player on the court even in a loss. If you watch MJ in 99% of his games you would say he is hands down the best player on the court period.
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited March 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    his legacy wouldnt be untouchable, but still top 3 behind magic and bird

Magic and Bird said he was the Goat in the early 90's bird maybe even in the late 80's
  • b*braze
    edited March 2011
    Magic and Bird said he was the Goat in the early 90's bird maybe even in the late 80's

i know. bird called him ? on the court ffs... but still objectively lookin at it, magic and bird would still be right there
  • Ant4523
    Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
    edited March 2011
    See, this is very unreasonable and discounts a lot of reality. For instance, I was in the stands when Kobe scored 81 points
    how the heck you gon' tell me and 19,000 other folks that we weren't in the presence of greatness and weren't experiencing something that the modern era/world hadn't seen?? man. listen.

Moreover, I've sat/talked with acquaintances who were present during the Conference Finals and NBA Finals of '02 & '03 & '10 and I remember, how they all say Kobe left an aura an impact a surrealness on the crowd, that no big-media can steal away no matter how much they all join to give Shaq/Gasol the props for it instead...

still...Can't deny Greatest of Greatness

I agree. Kobe is treading on dangerous waters. Because his aura of greatness is clashin with jordans aura of greatness a battle of the auras ? !
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited March 2011
    Ant4523 wrote: »
    I agree. Kobe is treading on dangerous waters. Because his aura of greatness is clashin with jordans aura of greatness a battle of the auras ? !

Are you serious or are you just playing LOL

Jordans aura was could you beat him plain and simple ???

It's still people wondering could you beat him
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
  • Ant4523
    Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
    edited March 2011
    Are you serious or are you just playing LOL

Jordans aura was could you beat him plain and simple ???

It's still people wondering could you beat him

Lol ? I was playin chill out lol
  • b*braze
    edited March 2011
    Ant4523 wrote: »

rickjames.jpg
This discussion has been closed.