So, Post Racial Posters Explain this.

Options
thehonorable
thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Comments

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Milwaukee ranks across the board as among the most segregated metropolises in the nation. It has among the highest rates of racial inequality across a whole range of indicators: black-white joblessness, black-white poverty and black-white ownership of businesses. There's a bit of civic embarrassment and sensitivity to it," says Levine.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm not surprised one bit, though I did expect Detroit to be higher on the list, if not at the top of the list. Metro Detroit is home to what was known as "The Whitest City in America", Livonia, MI. If you're black and cross 8 mile, expect to be harassed at some point in your life. Go far enough north and people will tell you to be careful. Unless you're going to Metro Beach, there's no reason to venture far east unless you're going to Eastland Mall. Professional black folks don't catch any breaks and moving to the suburbs north of Southfield can cause you unnecessary strife. If you're black, you know better than to think of moving further west or downriver, as both are known hick/hillbilly territory. There's racism in your face and covert racism in tha D, and not all of it comes from the whites either. You WILL catch it from the Middle Easterners too even while their kids copy us by speaking slang, dressing like rappers, and calling you "? " to your face.

? like this is why I consistently call metro Detroit one of the most racist areas in the country.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would have thought NYC to be #1...this place is extremely segregated. Yes. I mean manhattan. I hate walking anywhere here. I am thinking about moving honestly.