Not like it was needed, but here you go non-believers........

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Extra-biblical evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ. People really need to have their head examined if they still deny that Jesus Christ existed. I can take your rejection of Him as the Messiah, all though He won't when you see Him, but to deny that He even walked this earth is stupidity at it's lowest.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110330/ts_yblog_thelookout/could-lead-codices-prove-the-major-discovery-of-christian-history

? bless.

Comments

• Nut Did N' Cider
    Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Slow ya roll...
    Still, other students of early Christian history are urging caution, citing precedents such as the debunked discovery of an ossuary said to contain Jesus' bones. New Testament scholar Larry Hurtado observes that since these codices are miniature, they were likely intended for private, rather than liturgical, use. This would likely place their date of origin closer to the 3rd century CE. But only further research and full translation of the codices can fully confirm the nature of the find.

Likely nothing more than the same dated, 3rd person, generations removed type of accounts already found in your favorite fairytale book
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeshua ben Yosef walked the earth. This much is true. He was a prophet of ? , this much is true. He was ? 's most beloved prophet, even the Muslim acknowledges this fact that he was above even Muhammad in his station.

However, even Yeshua said that he was not to be worshiped, that he answered to ? just like all others, and that he was a Jew.

Only Christians deny all of this.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeshua ben Yosef walked the earth. This much is true. He was a prophet of ? , this much is true. He was ? 's most beloved prophet, even the Muslim acknowledges this fact that he was above even Muhammad in his station.

However, even Yeshua said that he was not to be worshiped, that he answered to ? just like all others, and that he was a Jew.

Only Christians deny all of this.

Show me the text where Jesus denied worship please.
  • konceptjones
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Show me the text where Jesus denied worship please.

Matthew 4:8-10:

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
    9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
    10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy ? , and him only shalt thou serve.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Matthew 4:8-10:

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
    9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
    10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy ? , and him only shalt thou serve.

Are you serious my brother? Jesus was rebuking the devil when He said that. The devil tempted ? (Jesus) to worship him, but ? (Jesus) rebuked the devil with His holy word. So What are you even talking about?

Over and over and over again in the gospels Jesus Christ is worshiped. Here go several accounts.

"And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh." Matthew 2:11

"And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him." Matthew 28:9

"And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted."
    Matthew 28:17

"And they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,"
    Luke 24:52

"He said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him." John 9:38

"Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my ? !” John 20:28

Jesus Christ never denied worship. He always accepted it because He is ? in the Flesh! Emmanuel! ? with us.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Extra-biblical evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ. People really need to have their head examined if they still deny that Jesus Christ existed. I can take your rejection of Him as the Messiah, all though He won't when you see Him, but to deny that He even walked this earth is stupidity at it's lowest.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110330/ts_yblog_thelookout/could-lead-codices-prove-the-major-discovery-of-christian-history

? bless.

Read the article...sorry doesn't prove anything.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    Read the article...sorry doesn't prove anything.

I posted the article to give skeptics aka non-believers more extra-biblical evidence for the historicity of Jesus Christ. But of course, for some, it doesn't matter what kind of evidence you give them because their hearts have already turned cold. The only evidence that they will believe will be when they stand before ? at the great white throne judgment, and sadly it will be far to late to accept Him at that point. ? bless.
  • kevmic
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I posted the article to give skeptics aka non-believers more extra-biblical evidence for the historicity of Jesus Christ. But of course, for some, it doesn't matter what kind of evidence you give them because their hearts have already turned cold. The only evidence that they will believe will be when they stand before ? at the great white throne judgment, and sadly it will be far to late to accept Him at that point. ? bless.

Now do you believe because ? showed himself to you?? Not in the form of something else, but himself in physical form. Or do you believe because you grew up in the church and only trust what you've been told to believe your whole life??
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Now do you believe because ? showed himself to you?? Not in the form of something else, but himself in physical form. Or do you believe because you grew up in the church and only trust what you've been told to believe your whole life??

I believe because ? personally revealed Himself to me. This happened when I was miraculously delivered from a serious ? addiction. And it was at that very moment that I was transformed into a new creation. Since that time I have been on an upward calling for the high prize in Christ Jesus my Lord. Every day I seek to deepen my personal relationship with Him through prayer, studying His word, and carrying out His will for my life.

How about you my friend? Where are you at with your personal relationship with ? ?
  • konceptjones
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I believe because ? personally revealed Himself to me. This happened when I was miraculously delivered from a serious ? addiction. And it was at that very moment that I was transformed into a new creation. Since that time I have been on an upward calling for the high prize in Christ Jesus my Lord. Every day I seek to deepen my personal relationship with Him through prayer, studying His word, and carrying out His will for my life.

How about you my friend? Where are you at with your personal relationship with ? ?

so... you still have never SEEN ? , right???

John 1:18 - No man hath seen ? at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the ? of the Father, he hath declared him.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its a great archaeological find, but... theres nothing there that proves jesus absolutely existed.
    They contain a number of images and textual allusions to the Messiah, as well as some possible references to the crucifixion and resurrection. Some of the codices were sealed, prompting yet more breathless speculation that they could include the sealed book, shown only to the Messiah, mentioned in the Book of Revelation

"There is a cross in the foreground, and behind it is what has to be the tomb [of Jesus], a small building with an opening, and behind that the walls of the city," Davies explained. "There are walls depicted on other pages of these books, too, and they almost certainly refer to Jerusalem."

cool find tho
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    so... you still have never SEEN ? , right???

John 1:18 - No man hath seen ? at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the ? of the Father, he hath declared him.

Of course I never seen ? face to face. When did I ever say that? I said ? revealed Himself to me personally. In a way that I knew that it was ? doing the miraculous intervention.
  • konceptjones
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Of course I never seen ? face to face. When did I ever say that? I said ? revealed Himself to me personally. In a way that I knew that it was ? doing the miraculous intervention.

could have been satan too, enlisting you through deception to further the lies spread by Christianity.
  • kevmic
    edited March 2011
    Options

Congrats on your winning battle with ? , regardless of what someone believes that is an accomplishment in itself. As for myself, for the past 5 years I have been agnostic when it comes to religion and the exsistance of a deity in general.

I grew up going to an all black christian school from pre-school through 8th grade. Heavy in the church all throughout high school . By the time I graduated I worked for the Seattle Union Gospel Mission for 4 years as a high school counselor and elementary coordinator. So needless to say I spent the majority of my life very dedicated to the word of ? and the Christian faith. But as I grew older I just noticed how fake people within the faith really are. Not talking believers, I mean the ones in position of power, ones who are meant to lead others. Also way too many questions I had in regard to science versus the bible could not be answered, even by the most knowledgeable of scholars whom I worked with.

It lead me to think that no one really knows the truth, and that instead of just living with the idea of not knowing, they would rather tell people these stories that this super space daddy will come down from the sky to save us from all of our problems, and all we have to do is wait paitently, pray, and give a percentage of our wages to the church while waiting. The history in which the Christian faith is built on isn't the greatest of track record either. More people have been killed in the name of religion then ever saved, and I'm supposed to worship that kind of thinking??
  • b*braze
    edited March 2011
    Options

damn bruh... how old are you?

EDIT: dont mean to come off as insensitive about that. i got uncles fighting addictions to this day
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    could have been satan too, enlisting you through deception to further the lies spread by Christianity.

Nah, satan was crushed and defeated when I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into my life. I was translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light the moment I said YES to Christ! Hallelujah! I am no longer a child of the enemy, but I am a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Praise Al-Mighty ? forever and ever!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Congrats on your winning battle with ? , regardless of what someone believes that is an accomplishment in itself. As for myself, for the past 5 years I have been agnostic when it comes to religion and the exsistance of a deity in general.

I grew up going to an all black christian school from pre-school through 8th grade. Heavy in the church all throughout high school . By the time I graduated I worked for the Seattle Union Gospel Mission for 4 years as a high school counselor and elementary coordinator. So needless to say I spent the majority of my life very dedicated to the word of ? and the Christian faith. But as I grew older I just noticed how fake people within the faith really are. Not talking believers, I mean the ones in position of power, ones who are meant to lead others. Also way too many questions I had in regard to science versus the bible could not be answered, even by the most knowledgeable of scholars whom I worked with.

It lead me to think that no one really knows the truth, and that instead of just living with the idea of not knowing, they would rather tell people these stories that this super space daddy will come down from the sky to save us from all of our problems, and all we have to do is wait paitently, pray, and give a percentage of our wages to the church while waiting. The history in which the Christian faith is built on isn't the greatest of track record either. More people have been killed in the name of religion then ever saved, and I'm supposed to worship that kind of thinking??

Thank you my friend for the kind words. I give all the glory to ? because it was only through Him that I was able to overcome the evils of drug addiction. As for you agnostic belief, what kind of hope do you have for yourself, your family, and the world? Also, What specific hope do you have once your draw your last breath on earth? Is there any expectation you hold once your soul leaves your body?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    damn bruh... how old are you?

EDIT: dont mean to come off as insensitive about that. i got uncles fighting addictions to this day
    It's all good bro. I'm 29 though. But I look like im 21-22 and I feel like I am 18. I pray that your family members receive deliverance and healing from their addictions my friend. ? bless.
  • kevmic
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thank you my friend for the kind words. I give all the glory to ? because it was only through Him that I was able to overcome the evils of drug addiction. As for you agnostic belief, what kind of hope do you have for yourself, your family, and the world? Also, What specific hope do you have once your draw your last breath on earth? Is there any expectation you hold once your soul leaves your body?

As for myself I hope to continue to educate myself in all aspects of life and not just be shut off to just one ideolgy and way of thinking. My hope for my family is to raise them up to understand the world they live in and still reamain good people inspite of what they know to be the rest of the world. As for the world, one can only hope things would get better, but also be willing to accept that human nature is no different then any other law of nature, meaning things are the way they are, and only time will show us different.

As I draw my last breath my only hope is that it's a peaceful breath, and I look forward to see what's waiting for me after this life is over. Maybe there is a ? , maybe it's nothing, maybe I'll wake up as a baby and do it all over again having absolutley no knowledge of this life altogether. Who knows, but whatever it is, I look at it as just another part of my journey through existance.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As for myself I hope to continue to educate myself in all aspects of life and not just be shut off to just one ideolgy and way of thinking. My hope for my family is to raise them up to understand the world they live in and still reamain good people inspite of what they know to be the rest of the world. As for the world, one can only hope things would get better, but also be willing to accept that human nature is no different then any other law of nature, meaning things are the way they are, and only time will show us different.

As I draw my last breath my only hope is that it's a peaceful breath, and I look forward to see what's waiting for me after this life is over. Maybe there is a ? , maybe it's nothing, maybe I'll wake up as a baby and do it all over again having absolutley no knowledge of this life altogether. Who knows, but whatever it is, I look at it as just another part of my journey through existance.

Interesting. You said that you believe "human nature is no different then any other law of nature". So I ask you in response, what is your take on Sin?
  • b*braze
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's all good bro. I'm 29 though. But I look like im 21-22 and I feel like I am 18. I pray that your family members receive deliverance and healing from their addictions my friend. ? bless.

thats young to have been a ? addict. you only 2 years older than me. my uncles have been addicts/in and out of jail since the early 80's. pretty much all the ? /? /heroin addicts i know or have crossed paths with is like +45 years old

i guess its because i had that example of how not to be that i went the other direction...
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Are you serious my brother? Jesus was rebuking the devil when He said that. The devil tempted ? (Jesus) to worship him, but ? (Jesus) rebuked the devil with His holy word. So What are you even talking about?

Over and over and over again in the gospels Jesus Christ is worshiped. Here go several accounts.

"And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh." Matthew 2:11

"And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him." Matthew 28:9

"And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted."
    Matthew 28:17

"And they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,"
    Luke 24:52

"He said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him." John 9:38

"Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my ? !” John 20:28

Jesus Christ never denied worship. He always accepted it because He is ? in the Flesh! Emmanuel! ? with us.

I see alot of people worshipping Jesus, but I don't see Jesus telling them to do that. lol
  • konceptjones
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    I see alot of people worshipping Jesus, but I don't see Jesus telling them to do that. lol

IIRC, he never asks for it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    thats young to have been a ? addict. you only 2 years older than me. my uncles have been addicts/in and out of jail since the early 80's. pretty much all the ? /? /heroin addicts i know or have crossed paths with is like +45 years old

i guess its because i had that example of how not to be that i went the other direction...

Yeah, I was hooked on it pretty tough from about 2004-2006. I was lost in the world at that time. I thank ? that He never let me go though. I give Him all the praise, glory, and honor! ? saved me my friend. It was only Him. It was only by His power that I was able to receive my healing. That's why I am so passionate about my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me all things through Him. Before I knew Him, I thought I was living life. Money, drugs, ? , women, sex, gambling, stealing, partying, etc. I thought I was living life on the hog. I thought I was painting the town red. I thought life was all peaches and cream. But when I reflect back on that time period of my life, I was always empty at the end of the night. I was always unsatisfied at the end of the night. After all the drugs were consumed, after all the ? was ? , and after I squeezed off a couple nuts, there was still nothing left. I was empty. I was unfulfilled. So my excuse was to wake up and do it all over again, in a vain attempt to fill the void that only ? could fill. It was a non-stop cycle of repeated destruction. But by the grace, mercy, and power of ? He stepped into my situation and rescued me from the snare of the enemy. I had a first class ticket to hell before ? saved me. But deep down in my heart ? spoke to me and I knew that what I was doing was self-destructive, un-fulfilling, and un-satisfying. And it was at that moment when ? did His miracolous work. When I was at my WORST, ? was at His best. Thank the Lord that ? is always at His best though. Even when we are faithless, ? remains faithful. What an awesome ? we serve. Society would have kicked dirt on me and sent me to skid row. But thanks be to ? that He is not a man, and that He is ever merciful and always willing to accept any sinner who repents of their wicked ways and turns to Him in faith. ? is so great my brother and I can't help but to testify of His goodness and awesomeness! Hallelujah!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Chike wrote: »

If Jesus weren't ? , He would have rebuked all those people for worshiping Him. Just like the angel rebuked John in the book of revelation when John fell down to worship the angel.

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship ? : for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19:10