in 5 years, the best Quarterback in the upcoming NFL draft will be..............

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited March 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Ryan Mallet!

I been sayin from the beginning that Mallet is the best...he's easily the best "thrower of the football" in the draft and would be top 3 in that category in the NFL from the second he steps on the field....He's got great accuracy, and isn't scared to try and fit the ball into a small place (which can get him into trouble of course)

Yes, he makes some questionable decisions and lost the last 2 "big games" of his arkansas career....but his offensive line was ? , and he can get better at his decision making from sitting on the bench for a few years in the league and watching how its done.

I think Blaine Gabbert will be 2nd best, followed by Cam Newton, and Andy Dalton....I HATE Jake Locker, the ? worked with a great Offensive coordinator who is good with QB's and showed no improvement at all from 1 year to the next.

my bad bout the titangraph

Comments

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I dont know about Mallett. He has to be the be the most UN-athletic QB ive seen in a while. Plus he doesnt play to well when your putting a lil pressure on him. Hes probably gonna need one of those P. Manning O-Lines.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i want the redskins to get mallet...i do not want jake locker..dude accomplished nothing in his college career and has loser written all over him and add in that he never completed over 60% of his passes in college...he also had 4 games this year where he threw for less than 75 yards
  • ya boi g
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i want the redskins to get mallet...i do not want jake locker..dude accomplished nothing in his college career and has loser written all over him and add in that he never completed over 60% of his passes in college

I never saw him play so im not to sure about if he can play or not. But it seems like they trying to hype dude up.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    I never saw him play so im not to sure about if he can play or not. But it seems like they trying to hype dude up.

the dude is just athletic with a big arm....no accuracy and poor decision making..aka a coach killer
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I dont know about Mallett. He has to be the be the most UN-athletic QB ive seen in a while. Plus he doesnt play to well when your putting a lil pressure on him. Hes probably gonna need one of those P. Manning O-Lines.

Manning get the ball out in time he makes the line look better then withat it is. there a good Oline he makes them great..

But ima say Mallet too i bee saying that for a while now
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2011
    Options

that offensive line is woat ? , Manning just has the quickest release in the game so he doesnt get sacked.
  • ya boi g
    edited March 2011
    Options
    that offensive line is woat ? , Manning just has the quickest release in the game so he doesnt get sacked.

Yea... But my point was that I Mallett is probably gonna need a real good O-Line. That boi looks like hes gonna hurt himself when hes trying to move in and outside of the pocket.
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea... But my point was that I Mallett is probably gonna need a real good O-Line. That boi looks like hes gonna hurt himself when hes trying to move in and outside of the pocket.

lol yea I cant argue that....hes not athletic at all, but niether is Peyton or brady...but they do have great pocket awareness something that hopefully he can learn.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Co-sign. His only issue will be his pocket presence and decision making. As long as he can learn how to move his feet and get a better feel for pressure I think he'll definitely be the best. I also hate jake locker, dude played bad in basically every big game and its not like he had TERRIBLE talent around him PLUS he's a very good athlete. If he was a black qb he'd get ? on and talked about as an athletic qb who is inconsistent and cant win big games. Mallet> Cam(in a couple of years)> Gabbert. I've been saying this about mallet since last year
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i like Mallet too i hope we can get him in the 2nd but the only thing that concerns me is his off the field ? ,his decision making and the fact that he cant scramble worth a damn. He reminds me of KC. Locker has all of the intangibles i think he just needs to be coached up and sit out a year or two behind a vet. Dont know too much about Gabbert and Im still not a believer in Cam
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Co-sign. His only issue will be his pocket presence and decision making. As long as he can learn how to move his feet and get a better feel for pressure I think he'll definitely be the best. I also hate jake locker, dude played bad in basically every big game and its not like he had TERRIBLE talent around him PLUS he's a very good athlete. If he was a black qb he'd get ? on and talked about as an athletic qb who is inconsistent and cant win big games. Mallet> Cam(in a couple of years)> Gabbert. I've been saying this about mallet since last year

cosign, and you're definitely right about the Jake Locker thing...if he was black they'd be talkin about him switching to WR in the NFL and all kinda nonsense.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If Mallet drops to the second round ( which is unlikley, too many teams need a QB) whoever drafts him....is gonna get a steal.....first round talent for second round money ===== WINNING
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cosign, and you're definitely right about the Jake Locker thing...if he was black they'd be talkin about him switching to WR in the NFL and all kinda nonsense.

Yep.......

Locker is a ? ? .....dude is way too overhyped. No accuracy, poor decision making...all that cracka can do is ? run....thats it....he need to get the ? Matt Jones treatment....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cam Newton. He will finally break out around his 5th year then not resign with Carolina and replace Romo or Eli or whoever is in Washington. That's why I hope Carolina doesn't draft him
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He can't win the big one.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ryan Mallet hands down..He can make all the throws, has the stongest arm and will only get better with NFL coaching...Dude is gonna be the truth.
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    all kinds of reports out now saying Mallet isn't dedicated and has "zero" leadership skills. ala Ryan Leaf. they say he's too lackidazical in pressure moments.

i understand some of that may be spin and misinformation from other agents , but i wouldn't be surprised if it were true
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    all kinds of reports out now saying Mallet isn't dedicated and has "zero" leadership skills. ala Ryan Leaf. they say he's too lackidazical in pressure moments.

i understand some of that may be spin and misinformation from other agents , but i wouldn't be surprised if it were true

When he first got to arkansas maybe but I don't agree so much now(obviously I don't see him as much as the scouts so I don't REALLY know). The biggest thing he worked on the summer before this last season was his attitude and getting to hyped up so unless that was bs I think he'll be fine. I dunno, I still think him and cam are the only qb's that have to potential to be VERY GOOD qb's. While we're on the subject of college qb's im gonna laugh if matt barkley has a monster season and ends up going ahead of andrew luck....
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When he first got to arkansas maybe but I don't agree so much now(obviously I don't see him as much as the scouts so I don't REALLY know). The biggest thing he worked on the summer before this last season was his attitude and getting to hyped up so unless that was bs I think he'll be fine. I dunno, I still think him and cam are the only qb's that have to potential to be VERY GOOD qb's. While we're on the subject of college qb's im gonna laugh if matt barkley has a monster season and ends up going ahead of andrew luck....

hell i dont even know, i just read this quote earlier today

Ryan Mallett: Rumors have been flying about the Arkansas QB for years. Here's Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald on Mallett, "The problem with him, I'm told, is not whispers of narcotics use or even a drunken disorderly arrest last year. The question with Mallet, one very good NFL source tells me, is the kid is said to have absolutely zero leadership skills. None."
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2011
    Options

Matt Barkely is gonna be a problem, I liked him this past season nh and hes only gonna get better. im still confused about Andrew luck not goin to the draft this year
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The sad part they all benefited from Luck staying in school. Luck was the clear cut #1, all these cats gettin drafted earlier than they should. Kudos to them tho. that bein said ima choose Locker but i wouldn't be surprised if he go back 2 baseball somewhere dwon the road if he fails
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mallet's ok. but there's more downside than upside to him which calls for a high risk pick. true he might have arm strength, but his character flaws (poor work ethic, drug use) and his immobility turn me off. locker's no better because of his poor accuracy and not to mention he scored the lowest on the wonderlick test out ever other qb in the draft class. even lower than newton, who speaking of will probably be gone before we get to him and because he's an "athletic qb" the comparison to young is awfully close. which probably translates to our FO looking elsewhere. gabbert is a huge project which is the recipe for disaster and the way the mock draft is projecting will probably be gone as well. honestly the one qb who i think will fair the best out of this class down the road and the one i have my eye on who alot dont seem to include in the conversation (which is a good thing) is kaepernick. he has the most raw ability and physical upside out of the class. has greater arm strength than mallet, and an ample amount of speed (ran 4.4). also scored 37 on the wonderlick so he's fairly cerebral as well. not to mention he was the only qb in college football to pas for over 10,000 yards and rush for 4,000. and his completion percentage his senior year was over 60%
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Matt Barkely is gonna be a problem, I liked him this past season nh and hes only gonna get better. im still confused about Andrew luck not goin to the draft this year

you shouldnt be. well atleast i'll look at it from this perspective. he probably got some inside information about this lockout situation we're currently having from harbaugh. so you never know, but what if we do end up losing some games because of it....luck made a risky, but well thought out decision to stay & continue to play and get better

as far as the thread topic is concerned. you might be on to somethin. i would like to see him in minnesota throwin deep ? (nh) to sidney rice & company.....maybe they trade back to get him, cause it'll probably be a reach to get him at the spot they're picking at.

look out for andy dalton too. all he did at tcu was win...i'm not sure about all the mechanics & stuff like that, but he seems to have that 'it' factor
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I like the dude that played for Missouri, Blaine Gabbert. He seems like a hard worker and that was a tough offense to run. Newton to me is the prime example of too much too soon. As soon as he said he wanted to be a icon and all that ? I was turned off. Just concentrate on becoming a good football player.
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    you shouldnt be. well atleast i'll look at it from this perspective. he probably got some inside information about this lockout situation we're currently having from harbaugh. so you never know, but what if we do end up losing some games because of it....luck made a risky, but well thought out decision to stay & continue to play and get better

as far as the thread topic is concerned. you might be on to somethin. i would like to see him in minnesota throwin deep ? (nh) to sidney rice & company.....maybe they trade back to get him, cause it'll probably be a reach to get him at the spot they're picking at.

look out for andy dalton too. all he did at tcu was win...i'm not sure about all the mechanics & stuff like that, but he seems to have that 'it' factor

but the cmon, even me and you know that the lockout isnt gonna affect the draft and more than likely isnt gonna stop the season from happening....the Rookie Wage scale couldn't have been an issue either because regardless of whether he came out this year or next year he'd be under that scale......Maybe he just didnt wanna play for Carolina, which is understandable but he could've did the Eli Manning thing and just tell the team "dont draft me, even if you do I aint playin here". lol

Also, I feel you about the stay and get better thing, that aint help Matt Lienart though....he better hope my man Barkley doesnt have a big year ? he already looks to me like hes got NFL-style mechanics (the ? been being groomed as a QB since he was like 13 or some ? lol)

I like Andy Dalton too, but I haven't seen as much of him so I cant really say much about his mechanics and ? .
This discussion has been closed.