in 5 years, the best Quarterback in the upcoming NFL draft will be..............

2»

Comments

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    but the cmon, even me and you know that the lockout isnt gonna affect the draft and more than likely isnt gonna stop the season from happening....the Rookie Wage scale couldn't have been an issue either because regardless of whether he came out this year or next year he'd be under that scale......Maybe he just didnt wanna play for Carolina, which is understandable but he could've did the Eli Manning thing and just tell the team "dont draft me, even if you do I aint playin here". lol

Also, I feel you about the stay and get better thing, that aint help Matt Lienart though....he better hope my man Barkley doesnt have a big year ? he already looks to me like hes got NFL-style mechanics (the ? been being groomed as a QB since he was like 13 or some ? lol)

I like Andy Dalton too, but I haven't seen as much of him so I cant really say much about his mechanics and ? .

luck coulda did the john elway thing comin outta stanford lol. i dont think there would have been any question who would have been the best qb now, and 5 years down the road if he did come out. matt barkley is nice too forreal..but the main guy hypin him up has been kiper LOL so i wanna see what he gets done this season, but he does have everything pretty much you want in a qb as far as arm strength/accuracy go. ha him & luck just look like NFL qb's
  • dbrazil412
    edited March 2011
    and matt lienart couldnt keep his head off them ? ....lol swear he just wanted the lifestyle of a nfl quarterback. imo idk how you can play behind a guy like kurt warner, and not become better as a player. thats why i just think he wanted the spotlight. now he's in houston with NO chance of starting
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I know it wont be Mallet. Just like Tebow, Clausen, Colt Mccoy, and anybody else like that. Watch it will be somebody low or undrafted off the bench. Like it always has been.
  • dbrazil412
    edited March 2011
    GrizTitan wrote: »
    I know it wont be Mallet. Just like Tebow, Clausen, Colt Mccoy, and anybody else like that. Watch it will be somebody low or undrafted off the bench. Like it always has been.

i think mallet got more potential than all those guys. and tebow was a 1st rounder..

it depends where he goes though. he might be open to alot of sacks...pocket presence/footwork can be an issue. so it is a must he has a decent line protecting him. there's no question he has the best arm out of this class. hopefully he doesnt go all jay cutler on us and rely just a lil too much on his arm & force throws constantly. there were a few games (i.e against bama) where things got tight and he needed to make some pressure throws & kinda forced the issue...throwin i think 3 int's in the 2nd half, causing arkansas the game.

though thats something that will be an issue with most rookies. but if we're talking down the road, all of that can be worked on with time
  • GrizTitan
    edited March 2011
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    i think mallet got more potential than all those guys. and tebow was a 1st rounder..

it depends where he goes though. he might be open to alot of sacks...pocket presence/footwork can be an issue. so it is a must he has a decent line protecting him. there's no question he has the best arm out of this class. hopefully he doesnt go all jay cutler on us and rely just a lil too much on his arm & force throws constantly. there were a few games (i.e against bama) where things got tight and he needed to make some pressure throws & kinda forced the issue...throwin i think 3 int's in the 2nd half, causing arkansas the game.

though thats something that will be an issue with most rookies. but if we're talking down the road, all of that can be worked on with time
    How long is Leinard going to continue to be a ? ? How about Troy Smith being a bench rider and Joe Flacco starts? Or Jamarcus with his inconsistantcy on the field? Russell has a better arm than Mallet so what does that mean?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    ya ? better not sleep on Colt McCoy, that ? is gonna be a mainstay in this league...he was my favorite QB in the draft last year, so far it definitely looks like Bradford > McCoy...but lets see how Bradford reacts after he takes his first huge shot from d-lineman.
  • dbrazil412
    edited March 2011
    How long is Leinard going to continue to be a ? ? How about Troy Smith being a bench rider and Joe Flacco starts? Or Jamarcus with his inconsistantcy on the field? Russell has a better arm than Mallet so what does that mean?

lol within the 5 years, to go along with thread topic
  • dbrazil412
    edited March 2011
    ya ? better not sleep on Colt McCoy, that ? is gonna be a mainstay in this league...he was my favorite QB in the draft last year, so far it definitely looks like Bradford > McCoy...but lets see how Bradford reacts after he takes his first huge shot from d-lineman.

he's in cleveland though fam...? forbid but somethin bad is bound to happen lmao

naw but really he did impress imo. they need to get him some receivers...no offense but i'm not feelin masaquoi & cribbs as my top 2 receivers
  • GrizTitan
    edited March 2011
    And McCoy reacts well? That cat is nowhere near Sam Bradford. FOH
  • GrizTitan
    edited March 2011
    lol within the 5 years, to go along with thread topic
    We will just see about that because really if Cam has the right OC aand a decent running game *cough cough Titans cough* ? he can do some things in the playoffs.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    and it all depends on who drafts them. but I still think Ponder is one to watch out for. I take him over Mallet
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    and matt lienart couldnt keep his head off them ? ....lol swear he just wanted the lifestyle of a nfl quarterback. imo idk how you can play behind a guy like kurt warner, and not become better as a player. thats why i just think he wanted the spotlight. now he's in houston with NO chance of starting

Hell yea that ? was a damn celebrity before he even hit a mock draft and he loved every minute. Honestly I think the celebrity that playing @ sc brought those boys affected all of their nfl careers, I just think leinart got hit w/ it harder than the rest. Remember when ? was talkin all that "sc could beat a bad nfl team"... LMAO, ? outta here
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2011
    And McCoy reacts well? That cat is nowhere near Sam Bradford. FOH

Bradford has a history of shoulder injures, you acting like he hasnt been fragile for his whole career. McCoy took plenty of shots last year, you realize he plays in the same divison as Pitt and Baltimore right? Once he got the starting job he ran with it and brought them to wins over Pitt and New England, dont forget about that.

and c/s dbrazil...McCoy got some bumass receivers (even though Bradford doesnt have great ones either)
  • GrizTitan
    edited March 2011
    Bradford has a history of shoulder injures, you acting like he hasnt been fragile for his whole career. McCoy took plenty of shots last year, you realize he plays in the same divison as Pitt and Baltimore right? Once he got the starting job he ran with it and brought them to wins over Pitt and New England, dont forget about that.

and c/s dbrazil...McCoy got some bumass receivers (even though Bradford doesnt have great ones either)
    So you making excuses? He plays the position like every other QB.
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2011
    So you making excuses? He plays the position like every other QB.

wtf? how is that an excuse...he wasnt a starter all season genius but when he was im sure they had a better record than when Delhomme was starting. Also, me saying he plays in the same division as those 2 teams is my way of proving that he has taken big hits and can get up after them and Bradford has yet to take a big hit in the NFL.

so again, how is that an excuse?
  • GrizTitan
    edited March 2011
    wtf? how is that an excuse...he wasnt a starter all season genius but when he was im sure they had a better record than when Delhomme was starting. Also, me saying he plays in the same division as those 2 teams is my way of proving that he has taken big hits and can get up after them and Bradford has yet to take a big hit in the NFL.

so again, how is that an excuse?
    So just because Colts O-line sucks and he gets popped more than Sam makes Colt better? You arent making sense. And your telling me youve watch every game that Sam played and seen how he acted after it?
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2011
    So just because Colts O-line sucks and he gets popped more than Sam makes Colt better? You arent making sense. And your telling me youve watch every game that Sam played and seen how he acted after it?

I didnt say that, I never even said Colt is better...I said "I like Colt better" nh....and the point im makin is that Sam is fragile and Colt is not, not that hard to understand.
This discussion has been closed.