Are you grateful for your daily bread??

JadaRoss
JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Why do people waste food everyday and theres people around the world who cant buy a bag of rice??

we waste billions of pounds of food every year but we claim the recession is breaking us

Americans can go to sleep on a full stomach and theres people who go to sleep with their stomachs growling

americans are so ungrateful,that when they see a homeless person,they rather throw food in a trash can than give him/her the leftovers

we should be thankful and stop complaining!

theres people in the world going through harsher ? than all of us here

Comments

• MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    JadaRoss wrote: »

Why do people waste food everyday and theres people around the world who cant buy a bag of rice??

we waste billions of pounds of food every year but we claim the recession is breaking us

Americans can go to sleep on a full stomach and theres people who go to sleep with their stomachs growling

americans are so ungrateful,that when they see a homeless person,they rather throw food in a trash can than give him/her the leftovers

we should be thankful and stop complaining!

theres people in the world going through harsher ? than all of us here

Mos Def I Am...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I know America is not mentioned at all in the Bible, well at least not by name. But the more I study the Bible the more I believe that America is mentioned in the Bible. Mystery Babylon aka Babylon the great sure does fit the description of America to the T. We live in luxury and have seen no sorrow, yet! We have never experienced famines, plagues, or war on our on turf. (The bombing of pearl harbor being the exception). We sit as a queen and say in our hearts that we will never see sorrow because of our military might. But we sure do have one thing coming and that is judgment from Al-Mighty ? .

I don't know what's more frightful. America not even being in Bible prophecy or America being Mystery Babylon. Either way America will be destroyed. And right now we are continuing to fill up our cup of iniquity and when it is full the judgment of America will come swift and fast. I'd advise those who have a thirst for knowledge to read Isaiah 47, Jeremiah 50-51, and Revelation 18. The parallels to America are undeniable. ? have mercy on us.

Here go a snippet from Revelation 18.

"And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3For all nations have ? of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and ? hath remembered her iniquities. 6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. 8Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord ? who judgeth her.
    9And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, 10Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come." Revelation 18:1-10
  • JadaRoss
    edited March 2011
    I know America is not mentioned at all in the Bible, well at least not by name. But the more I study the Bible the more I believe that America is mentioned in the Bible. Mystery Babylon aka Babylon the great sure does fit the description of America to the T. We live in luxury and have seen no sorrow, yet! We have never experienced famines, plagues, or war on our on turf. (The bombing of pearl harbor being the exception). We sit as a queen and say in our hearts that we will never see sorrow because of our military might. But we sure do have one thing coming and that is judgment from Al-Mighty ? .

I don't know what's more frightful. America not even being in Bible prophecy or America being Mystery Babylon. Either way America will be destroyed. And right now we are continuing to fill up our cup of iniquity and when it is full the judgment of America will come swift and fast. I'd advise those who have a thirst for knowledge to read Isaiah 47, Jeremiah 50-51, and Revelation 18. The parallels to America are undeniable. ? have mercy on us.

Here go a snippet from Revelation 18.

"And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3For all nations have ? of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and ? hath remembered her iniquities. 6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. 8Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord ? who judgeth her.
    9And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, 10Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come." Revelation 18:1-10

power message!!
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I'm very wasteful when it comes to food
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ? act like every time you have excess food you're supposed to run out and find someone to give it to.
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Most people aren't going to go through the hassle of trying to find someone in need of food every time they have a surplus.

If I wasn't too cheap to waste food, I still would not give enough of a ? about others to try to give it to them.
    fiat_money: Damn, I became full before finishing this delicious meal.
    fiat_money: ? ! What should I do?
    fiat_money: *picks up phone*
    fiat_money: *dials 911*
    fiat_money: Hello? 911 emergency?
    911 Operator: Hello this is 911 emergency, What is your name and address?
    fiat_money: "fiat _ money", that's "fee-ott" "underscore" "money" at 17263 Dunbar st Glenarden Md. Please help!
    911 Operator: And what is your emergency?
    fiat_money: I've become full, but i still have leftovers!! I didn't mean it, I thought I could eat it all! I don't know what to--
    911 Operator: Pleas slow down sir. You're saying you're full but you have leftover food?
    fiat_money: Yes! Please hurry! There was so much bread, I didn't know when to stop myself! I don't know what I was thinking, I'm so stu--
    911 Operator: Sir, I really need you to calm down! Are you sure the food can't be refrigerated?
    fiat_money: NO! It's not something I can reheat! It'S NOW OR NEVER!!
    911 Operator: Are you sure there's no one else who can eat it nearby?
    fiat_money: NO!!!
    911 Operator: *takes deep breath* Alright, sir we are working as fast as we can.
    fiat_money: Oh my ? ! Oh my ? ! Oh my ? !
    911 Operator: Sir, what's wrong?!?
    fiat_money: IT'S COOLING OFF!!!
    911 Operator: Dear ? ! *vomits*
    fiat_money: Hello? Are you still there?? HELLO!?!?!?
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited March 2011
    ? act like every time you have excess food you're supposed to run out and find someone to give it to.

wow.............................
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I have to clean out my refrigerator this weekend
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Is it my fault these ? were born broke?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Who's complaining?

Americans are by and large fat meaning they eating fam.

And trust, the bums go through the dumpsters nightly. I might throw away a couple slices and leave the last corner of hennessey cuz I'm too lazy to turn the bottle up. So the way I see it, I'm doing them a favor.

Plus the government gon tax me and I can't file taxes against the food I chose to throw away so either way it's a wash. Ain't like I'm taking out tax and giving bums 92 cents instead of the whole dollar.

In the words of Bobby Brown............"It's my prerogative"

imager.php?id=1191506&t=o
  • thowdvixen
    thowdvixen Members Posts: 56
    edited April 2011
    im grateful indeed
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    thowdvixen wrote: »
    im grateful indeed

Lmao ayo when u get back on the IC?
  • thowdvixen
    thowdvixen Members Posts: 56
    edited April 2011
    Lmao ayo when u get back on the IC?

ive been back just laid back lurking
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    ya thats y if i got it i always give back to the poor. no matter wat the mood is. ? Bless those who are starving, homeless, sick, etc
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    give us this day, our daily bread. and forgive those who tresspass and forgive those who trespass upon us and our daily bread and wtf????
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don’t show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, 'Here’s a good seat for you,' but say to the poor man, ‘You stand there’ or ‘Sit on the floor by my feet,’ have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Listen, my dear brothers: Has not ? chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? But you have insulted the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? Are they not the ones who are slandering the noble name of him to whom you belong?

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself,’ you are doing right. But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.”
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]For if you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give -- large or small -- will be used to measure what is given back to you." [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica](TLB, Luke 6:38)[/FONT]
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Feed the hungry! Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you shall be as bright as day. And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica](TLB, Isaiah 58:10-11)[/FONT]
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]the Bible tells us to share generously with those in need, and good things will come to us in turn. We are not meant to live hard-hearted or self-centered lives. This is never made clearer than in Matthew 25:31-46. A greedy, miserly life leaves us devoid of anything but an empty craving for more possessions, more power or more status.[/FONT]
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    The Bible is clear that ? will pass judgment on those who fail to give to the poor

• JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    The Bible specifically mentions how strongly ? feels about oppressing the widows, orphans and aliens in Malachi 3:5

• JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Jesus reiterated that ? would judge those who failed to feed the hungry, provide clothes and meet other basic needs of the poor in his parable of the sheep and the goats in Matthew 25:31-46

• JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]He who gives to the poor will never want, but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica](NAS, Proverbs 28:27)[/FONT]
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]And [Jesus] looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury. And He saw a certain poor widow putting in two small copper coins. And He said, "Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all of them; for they all out of their surplus put into the offering; but she out of her poverty put in all that she had to live on." [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica](NAS, Luke 21:1-4)[/FONT]
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica](NIV, Matthew 6:1-2)[/FONT]