Snitching Athletes

Options
stilldat_dude
stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Whats up wit all these ? ass college athletes snitching on people giving them money while playing. Just watched this Aurburn ? and all them ? just come off as ? ass ? . Why the ? you snitching after you got broke off....and it's always some low level ass player doing it rarely is it a superstar on the team...guess they broke now and need to come up somehow cause their ? probably ain't graduate. If you took money at one point then ? . These ? disgust me for real.

Comments

• GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not just college. Word to Kobe
  • stilldat_dude
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol yeah but that's not the type i'm talking bout now. It's like these new age ? can't hold their water or some ? ...? straight ? out and for what? I still don't even know why they felt the need to coem out and say the ? now? Most likely they broke and was too dumb to graduate and their ? ass ain't make it to the league now they gonna sell their soul and school out for what 25K lol...these ? should be shot. ? need to follow the Eric Dickerson mold when it comes to this...that ? ain't NEVER gonna admit the ? even thou most know otherwise. These ? look like First 48 ? smh
  • stilldat_dude
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you just mad bcuz lame azz White players are never good enough, for someone to want to offer them money under the table

? wtf are you talking about, stop trollin ? . What i'm talking bout ain't got ? to do wit race ?

plus i'm black so wtf would i care about whitey...no wonder ? don't respect you in here you say some of the dumbest ? in cheap seats.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The biggest hypocrisy is the NCAA ? and moaning about a couple of kids getting broke off a few Gs or a car, when they make untold Millions of their backs....? disgusting.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    The biggest hypocrisy is the NCAA ? and moaning about a couple of kids getting broke off a few Gs or a car, when they make untold Millions of their backs....? disgusting.

truth.com.... If the ncaa aint some pimps I don't know who is. I honestly think these dudes don't give a ? because they know that they would get thrown under the bus in a second so the don't care about throwing everyone else under the bus. Having said that I agree, shut the ? up, especially for dudes like chris who made it to the league and already have their own bread.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    chris still a ? snitch ass ?
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »

I think the free education the college kids are given through the scholarships achieved should balance that out. I understand what you're saying, but on the same token, these kids have college paid for them, not to mention the unspoken perks on-campus of being a college athlete.

I mean the NCAA is making millions, however they have the ability that a lot of others who go to school do not have to shape their own futures through education or through sports..
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    All these ? are. suckers. They telling but none of them had the fortitude to NOT take the money. Stanley Mclovin is a ? because if he made it in the NFL he wouldnt have spoken. Doesnt the NCAA let ? go to school free? I know they should get compensated more, but its not their fault ? dont take advantage of FREE education. And how else are the universities gonna pay the teachers, staff for all athletic programs if they dont make bread off the athletes?

Free access to Knowledge>>>>>>>>>>10k to waste it on making it rain and trickin on hoes.

And Kobe is still a ? for telling on where shaq sticks his ? ......
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I only have an issue with schools getting paid using ex students likeness on video games (ed obannon) and selling rights to ESPN to televise old games
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mikelewis wrote: »
    I think the free education the college kids are given through the scholarships achieved should balance that out. I understand what you're saying, but on the same token, these kids have college paid for them, not to mention the unspoken perks on-campus of being a college athlete.

I mean the NCAA is making millions, however they have the ability that a lot of others who go to school do not have to shape their own futures through education or through sports..

College may be paid for but a lot of these athletes are walking around broke. NCAA rules wont allow them to get a job, so what else are they suppose to do? Hell Id take money too.

And I really dont see offering education as a way to balance out a school making millions off of players.

But on the thread topic, I think its kinda f'ed up that these players come out later and snitch on these schools about getting paid.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Whats up wit all these ? ass college athletes snitching on people giving them money while playing. Just watched this Aurburn ? and all them ? just come off as ? ass ? . Why the ? you snitching after you got broke off....and it's always some low level ass player doing it rarely is it a superstar on the team...guess they broke now and need to come up somehow cause their ? probably ain't graduate. If you took money at one point then ? . These ? disgust me for real.

because the athletes getting that money are in the minority...you really think EVERY player is getting something extra? Nope only the star players and even then if they get caught the ENTIRE TEAM suffers for benefits only a FEW got...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    as long as there is a platform these suckas will continue to air out business nobody should know ....

whats crazy is that ? have been getting cashed out under the table for decades in college .... its these soft ass new age ? that are ? the "under the table" game up ..
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    College may be paid for but a lot of these athletes are walking around broke. NCAA rules wont allow them to get a job, so what else are they suppose to do? Hell Id take money too.

And I really dont see offering education as a way to balance out a school making millions off of players.

But on the thread topic, I think its kinda f'ed up that these players come out later and snitch on these schools about getting paid.

If I had a free pass to a lot of these schools these guys went to, and the only thing I had to do was stay in shape and keep my head in the books, rest assured that's exactly what will be done. Some of these college guys speak on the money that they should be making, but there are a lot of athletes that get away with a lot of things, or get a lot of gifts handed to them in school that goes completely under the radar.

And I agree that after the fact, these players have no right to talk on things that were allowed at the time and hated now.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »

And Kobe is still a ? for telling on where shaq sticks his ? ......

Soul still burnin.......
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mikelewis wrote: »
    If I had a free pass to a lot of these schools these guys went to, and the only thing I had to do was stay in shape and keep my head in the books, rest assured that's exactly what will be done. Some of these college guys speak on the money that they should be making, but there are a lot of athletes that get away with a lot of things, or get a lot of gifts handed to them in school that goes completely under the radar.

And I agree that after the fact, these players have no right to talk on things that were allowed at the time and hated now.

It's easy to say that when you haven't been pampered your entire life simply because you can play a sport...I'm not condoning these kids going to school and not actually going to school, but it's easy to see why so many athletes feel like school isn't essential to them becoming a success...they're told from age 10 they don't need it because their career path has already been chosen
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Idk if you saw the Fab 5 special on ESPN, but I can't understand why Chris Webber snitched on "Big Money" Ed.

Jalen Rose said that man really looked out for them while they were in school.

It's not like Webber had anything to lose.

He was already in the league, already made his millions, he didn't have to throw that man under the bus like that.

He was making it seem like he was just an innocent kid and Ed was taking advantage of him by giving him money.

FOH with that.

Chris Webber was in that dude pocket and I guess he felt that he didnt want that scrutiny.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »

the rules have changed. Actually it was changed two or three years ago. But you think a athlete in college trying to go to practice and school then go wash cars at the local carwash or dealership. Hell NO! They are given free meals, free room and board and free education. Some even get a stipend or grant so they can go to the local eatery.

To the other bolded, I dont see it either but those players have an opportunity to go to a school that 75% of other people in the state cant! And they have a somewhat free ride. I say somewhat becuase some of these coaches cutting players that dont live up to their expectations!
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    the rules have changed. Actually it was changed two or three years ago. But you think a athlete in college trying to go to practice and school then go wash cars at the local carwash or dealership. Hell NO! They are given free meals, free room and board and free education. Some even get a stipend or grant so they can go to the local eatery.

To the other bolded, I dont see it either but those players have an opportunity to go to a school that 75% of other people in the state cant! And they have a somewhat free ride. I say somewhat becuase some of these coaches cutting players that dont live up to their expectations!

I didnt know the rules changed, but knowing the NCAA im sure they didnt change much. But yea I know they not gonna be going to class, practice and then go to work. But being able to work even 4 months out of the year to earn some money is better than none. Just look at how AJ Green had to sell his jersey just to have money for spring break. But I can also understand why they wouldnt want them to work. If your the kicker your probably washing cars. But if your the star QB your probably working at a boosters dealership selling 40 cars a month.

And yea I feel you about the scholarships. I look at people that over recruit like Saban who then turn around and cut soph, juniors and seniors who are under performing.The whole reason for offering a full ride is to get the kid to come to your school, but if you are under-performing they recruit a few extra players and cut you. College coaches treat it just like a business.....

Oh yea just to make it clear I dont really believe players should be getting paid, but I understand why they take money. Cause I know I would.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kobe started the snitch movement in sports, and to many younger cats he is their Jordan so they are only following suit.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jose Canseco stay snitchin too