Akiba’s Trip

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllGaming
Putting The Strip In Akiba’s Trip

Set in Tokyo geek mecca Akihabara, Akiba's Trip is crawling with vampires who are dressed as geekdom's typical inhabitants. It's up to 18 year-old kid to figure out why his friend has gone missing and save the area from those pesky vampires. How to ? them? Strip off their clothes.

See, they're clothes protect them from sunshine - or something. Akiba's Trip looks to be a beat 'em up, but with added de-frocking. And closeted vampires. And nerdy figures. And maids. And wtf.

This recently clip shows the stripping action in...action. The PSP title is out this April in Japan.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    360_00.jpg

In Akiba's Trip, the PSP game in which an otaku dude strips "vampires", a black machine appears in-game. It looks like an Xbox 360. In fact, that's what I thought it was. That assumption, however, is totally wrong.

Players can use a wide variety of otaku-flavored items as weapons in Akiba's Trip. For example, plastic figurines can be used to strike down enemies.

In the early days of development, one of the possible weapons in Akiba's Trip was a PlayStation 3. But the developers were asked, presumably by Sony, whether that would be somewhat awkward. Akiba's Trip is a PSP title, so it might be somewhat unpleasant for Sony to see characters getting clobbered with PS3s!

360_01.jpg

So the developers eventually changed the PS3 to a black machine that looks very much like an Xbox 360 Elite. Once again, the game's developers were asked about this decision.

The folks behind Akiba's Trip recently added a name to this in-game item. See it's not an Xbox 360 at all, but rather, it's a "small heater", as indicated by the on screen text.

Yeah, that seems about right.
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2011
    Original.........

ps3_00.jpg
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    who cares, no ones gonna play it anyway, psp games suck
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    i still play my psp alot. one of the only places to get my jrpg fix.