Having an Attractive Best Friend.....That You're Not Attracted To?

Options

Comments

• ChiKia
    ChiKia Members Posts: 359
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I cosign. When you know someone's flaws/weakness no matter how big or small, if you can't see yourself getting past that, the most I (and you) would wanna do is ? . If that weakness happens to be they get all emotional after sex you're not gonna wanna even go there lol. That's why if Im attracted to a guy but he has something that turns me off/annoys me, there aint no sex, (maybe once), and def no reason to be friends. Interestingly enough, I have no male best friends. Men always be on ? . So do women, but men just irk me.
  • gibbsboy
    gibbsboy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You had sex with them though, 1 point for me

Yeah...i guess...but it came after being friends for a few years...and it usually involved a lot of alcohol...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    you really can't see the difference between an attractive woman that's your type that you'd date and an attractive woman who is so far left from your "type" but you still find her to be good looking?
    I think you misunderstood my post. When I use the word attractive I'm not talking about just looks, attractive is subjective, so if I say someone is attractive I'm saying I'm attracted to her. And by attracted I don't mean I want to be friends.

So if it's just a pretty girl who happens to be a friend I wouldn't call her attractive, I'd use another description like cool or whatever else can be used to describe friends.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ChiKia wrote: »
    I cosign. When you know someone's flaws/weakness no matter how big or small, if you can't see yourself getting past that, the most I (and you) would wanna do is ? . If that weakness happens to be they get all emotional after sex you're not gonna wanna even go there lol. That's why if Im attracted to a guy but all he has something that turns me off/annoys me, there aint no sex, (maybe once), and def no reason to be friends. Interestingly enough, I have no male best friends. Men always be on ? . So do women, but men just irk me.

finally...somebody gets it
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this is confusing...
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Im talking best friend, the kind you hang with and do ? with

We used to when we were both single, but ? life happens but we still cool as hell
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The right circumstances came along, didnt happen........

In fact me and him have been alone plenty of times but i'd just start thinking about the whorish things he's told me and *turn-off*

Well he shouldve ? . thats his fault
  • gibbsboy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ChiKia wrote: »
    I cosign. When you know someone's flaws/weakness no matter how big or small, if you can't see yourself getting past that, the most I (and you) would wanna do is ? . If that weakness happens to be they get all emotional after sex you're not gonna wanna even go there lol. That's why if Im attracted to a guy but he has something that turns me off/annoys me, there aint no sex, (maybe once), and def no reason to be friends. Interestingly enough, I have no male best friends. Men always be on ? . So do women, but men just irk me.

very true...one chick...we been friends since HS and i loved her soooo much...lol..she was the popular girl in school...and i was the teachers son...she would tell me sooo much ? about herself..i was shocked. At first i felt like i couldnt compete with the amount of ? she had going on...then as i got a lil older i felt like she got waaaaaaaaay too much baggage for me to truly consider wifing.
  • blackrain
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think you misunderstood my post. When I use the word attractive I'm not talking about just looks, attractive is subjective, so if I say someone is attractive I'm saying I'm attracted to her. And by attracted I don't mean I want to be friends.

So if it's just a pretty girl who happens to be a friend I wouldn't call her attractive, I'd use another description like cool or whatever else can be used to describe friends.

ahh ok...i get what you're saying now...to me i just make the difference between a woman that's simply attractive vs. women i'm actually attracted to, which to be honest ain't many i'm way to ? picky when it comes to woman and the slightest thing can make me not want a woman...and i don't go around just saying "I have attractive female friends" but if somebody asks then I say "Yeah 2 of my closest friends are females and they just happen to be pretty as well" but it's not the first thing I use to describe them
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »
    this is confusing...

You never gave a reason as to why you wouldnt hook up with youre best friend youre attracted to, you just kept saying it wouldnt happen. You have an actual reason now?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If I'm attracted above and beyond friendship level and she shuts me down I'm not being friends and I'm straight up w/ chicks about that. No way I'm waiting around like a desperate fool hoping she'll change her mind one day. Call me when your mind has changed and I'll reevaluate.

But as far as attractive, you must just mean good looking. B/C I don't see the point of settling in the friend zone if someone is attractive enough to take it further than that. I am not interested in feigning interest in a relationship where friend boundaries have already been set. At that point I ain't givin' a ? .

This somewhat random post was brought to you by Peter Pan Crunch Peanut Butter.

^^^props to MVO for keeping it greasy

a real ? don't have time for attractive female "friends" that ain't letting me ? on an occasional basis

it's only so much ? we got to talk about :shrugs
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Because look are but a small piece of the puzzle people dont seem to get that..people are attractive from much more things than the facade... maybe they are not that persons type ... maybe they know so much about the person that they decide its not even a good look to go that route..
    The right circumstances came along, didnt happen........

In fact me and him have been alone plenty of times but i'd just start thinking about the whorish things he's told me and *turn-off*

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well he shouldve ? . thats his fault

C/S
    had he shut his mouth these draws woulda been hanging on the ceiling fan
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's possible but I can't do it
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what the ? is hard about understading this concept?
    It's a million of other fine women in this world to choose from. It's dumb as hell to get involved with my female friend just cuz she looks good.
    Aint even worth risking a real ass friendship for a nut.
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You never gave a reason as to why you wouldnt hook up with youre best friend youre attracted to, you just kept saying it wouldnt happen. You have an actual reason now?

I think of my best friend as my brother.....I know he's attractive but I don't care.
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You notice how people usually never have friends of the O/S that theyre NOT attracted to? Coincidence? NO.

I might not want a relationship, but i would(and have) smashed
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

a real ? don't have time for attractive female "friends" that ain't letting me ? on an occasional basis

I got some fine female friends but we not hanging like that, the less I see them crazy muthafuckas we good. they have to much drama some of them. One friend I haven't seen in 2 years
  • gibbsboy
    edited March 2011
    Options

I have to disagree. I mean it depends on your age...but im 30 now..and those attractive chicks that just became friends...are still friends...and i got the wifey now so i cant just "find" new female friends...but i got my old dependable friends from back in the day. They help put me on game...chicks know how chicks are...helps me in my relationship, and gives me a "safe" person to hang around. I know i dont want my chick hanging around no NEW ? ...but if they was around before me i cant trip too hard...and vice versa.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's a million of other fine women in this world to choose from. It's dumb as hell to get involved with my female friend just cuz she looks good.

This.. simple concept
  • blackrain
    edited March 2011
    Options

exactly...if I just want ? that's not an issue there's plenty of women who can provide that...but to risk ? up a friendship with someone who's had my back since I was 6 years old just to try and smash to get a night's worth of pleasure? That makes no sense...
  • gibbsboy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think of my best friend as my brother.....I know he's attractive but I don't care.

He is PLOTTING to smash...best believe...and then he will go about his business!
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My big sister and lil sister (sorority and frat) are pretty attractive but i've never looked at it from a sexual stand point. Maybe originally at the start of the friendship, but not now, they are like my sisters.
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    You notice how people usually never have friends of the O/S that theyre NOT attracted to? Coincidence? NO.

I might not want a relationship, but i would(and have) smashed

Thats what i dont understand, why not just get a Raggedy Ass Friend you not attracted to
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited March 2011
    Options

I bet he dont think of you like that, didnt you say he tried to get it?