Shots Fired!.. Isiah Thomas Says MJ, Magic, Bird Couldn't Compete At His Level....

Comments

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Isiah will forever be salty because he was left off the Dream Team....Laettner gold medal and Dream Team Status>>>Isiah's career
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ibex wrote: »
    Isiah will forever be salty because he was left off the Dream Team....Laettner gold medal and Dream Team Status>>>Isiah's career

1tkhav.jpg...........
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    peagle05 wrote: »
    1tkhav.jpg...........

gotdamn!!!! hahaha. literally dying!!!!!

"look at the ? cat, drinkin out the bowl........GET OUT THE BOWL!"

LOL
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    gotdamn!!!! hahaha. literally dying!!!!!

"look at the ? cat, drinkin out the bowl........GET OUT THE BOWL!"

LOL

lmao.........
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    “I love the game of basketball,” the 49-year-old says, a glass of red sangria sitting in front of him.

Yet, this curbside bistro in Coconut Grove, this is where a fast and furious fall has taken Isiah Thomas. Now in the Sun Belt Conference, he sips his drink and looks around. Across the street sit his wife and daughter. Around the corner awaits his condo, with the maritime-themed lobby and elevator and a quiet ease of luxury.

Despite all this, and Isiah's smile, and Isiah's charm, and Isiah's assurances he's happy as can be, it strikes me as absolutely certain the man is not satisfied.

He is exiled.

And for the exiled, what is lost — and what is still hoped for — bears down with brute force on the present no matter how idyllic it seems.
    “You would think this guy had a bunch of s---,” said former Pistons teammate John Salley. “But all he was concerned about was his career. He ate, drank and slept basketball. I might be out in the streets, but Isiah was the guy who was always concerned with getting his eight, nine hours of sleep. He was different.

“He could write poetry that was unbelievable. He'd do it in the locker room by hand. He'd say, 'I'm not what people want me to be. I am who I am.' "
    wow. what a great poem
    Isiah Thomas can mount a rousing self-defense — he likes to say with a laugh that he'll “f--- you up with facts” — with an ease, intelligence and charm that in no way resembles someone wearing the black hat.

“When you look at my basketball career, s--- from 12 years old to 45, I was pretty damn good,”
    ? up his facts

icing on the cake

The exiled wants to go home.

“I'm down here struggling,” he says. “I'm down here fighting to survive. I'm down here fighting.”

A long silence.

But he’s had enough. The exiled is tired. Why deny the obvious? He admits he hasn’t proven he's a great coach, but believes he has proven he has the skill set to evaluate talent. The man wants another opportunity. He hasn't given up. How could he? He's a fighter.

“I wouldn't be down here working if I didn't have fight in me,” he says. “I got knocked down. I'm down here, working. I'm fighting.”

We drive in silence for a long time.

“Do you know the question you should be asking me?” he asks with such intensity he catches me off guard. “‘Why come down here to do this, why do you want to go back, why keep fighting?’”

He's really going now, talking about how he has enough money to retire, how that's the smart move. As the Range Rover cuts through the night toward the condo and his loving wife, his voice grows intense.

“Because I love it,” he says, answering his own question. “I truly love the game. It's sick, but I love it.”
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    The Baby-Faced Assassin back at it!

He has merit (somewhat), though. The Pistons beat Mike and the Bulls ? for like three years straight, plus IT was 1-1 vs. Magic for the rings.

IT is the most gutta NBA legend ever. 20 years later, and he STILL hates all them ? for shutting him out of the Dream Team.

I mean....he kinda deserve it. Jordan had pull by then & Zeke did some grimey ? to Mike. Not saying ? should hold grudges but, Mike aint owe him no favors. Aint wanna shake his hand after he won fair & square, tried to chokeslam the ? for 3 years & blacked him out at the allstar game in 84.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Zeke was talented and a competitor but he does have a reason to be upset since he was black balled and disliked by these same guys who today people label as "greats". He is arguably a top 5 PG of all time. Also Joe Dumars was one of the best defensive guards who was his right hand man but he ain't doesn't get the credit/recognition that other 2nd option players do.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Well. maybe he's right. Didn't Issah's Knicks stay ? on Jordan back in the day? Or was that some whole other Knicks?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Well. maybe he's right. Didn't Issah's Knicks stay ? on Jordan back in the day? Or was that some whole other Knicks?

He played for Detroit not New York
  • south4life
    edited April 2011
    I found out why Isiah is still salty about Michael Jordan LOL

Indianapolis, Feb. 8, 2001 - Joshua Thomas was working on a report for school about one of his favorite basketball players, Michael Jordan, so he checked a biography out of the library and began his research.

One event, in particular, stuck in his mind, so the 12-year-old made a point to ask his dad about it.

The question went something like this: "Dad, why did you freeze out Michael Jordan in the 1985 All-Star Game?"

I found this article on http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/isiah_freezeout.html
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    as a player...i don't think the height card should be a issue. At his position and height, isiah was one of the goats but to say if he was bird/johnson/jordans height he'd be doing anything is speculation.

Zeke got his team rings, Zeke was a star in the league. Zeke though isn't as good as Jordan, Johnson, or Bird imo. The artcle makes him sound bitter but dude is a legend so he has more so a right to say such a ludicrous statement then anyone else. Regardless of his so-so to ? gming duties, dude has the right to speak...he does sound bitter but w/e...
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    IsiahThomas.jpg

Ayo: In case you haven't realized this yet, Isiah Thomas thinks he's a pretty big ? ' deal. In a recent interview with FOX Sports, the former NBA great said as much by calling out Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan—and saying that he would have been able to school any of them if they were the same size as he was back during their playing days. "I have no problem saying this at all," he said. "They're all 6'9" and Jordan was 6'6" and a half. If they were all 6'1", it wouldn't even be a question. They wouldn't even ? rate. If they were all my size, ? , they wouldn't even be talked about."

Oh, that's not enough ether for you? Okay, let Isiah finish. "I beat the ? out of them when they were that big," he said. "If we were all the same size, ? . Make them 6'1" and let's go on the court." Hmmm....and your man wonders why people hate him today? SMFH. [via FOX Sports]

http://www.complex.com/sports/2011/03/isiah-thomas-fires-shots-at-magic-johnson-larry-bird-and-michael-jordan

Jacked from Complex.... but dead at this whole piece

Zeke is Zeke, he a winner, from H.S., to Indiana, to Detroit, he won...

But to say that Mike, Magic, Larry couldn't compete @ his level? that's a Stretch Armstrong Action Figure

Mike 6 rings 6 Finals appearances

Magic 5 Rings , 9 Finals Appearances

Larry Legend 3 Rings 5 finals Appearances

Zeke 2 Rings 3 Finals Appearances
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    lol this ? actually used the same arguments little ? on the courts use in the summer.... lol
    "if i was your height i'd be busting your ass"
    lol ? u played like your height dictates lol don't be angry.
    u coulda played baseball or soccer if u wanted height to not matter

this ? got the jalen rose syndrome
  • stophating
    stophating Members Posts: 10
    edited April 2011
    he has a point
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Zeke was an all timer, I don't see what he is saying wrong. He was always a top 5 player without Nike marketing.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    ysl313 wrote: »
    as a player...i don't think the height card should be a issue. At his position and height, isiah was one of the goats but to say if he was bird/johnson/jordans height he'd be doing anything is speculation.

Zeke got his team rings, Zeke was a star in the league. Zeke though isn't as good as Jordan, Johnson, or Bird imo. The artcle makes him sound bitter but dude is a legend so he has more so a right to say such a ludicrous statement then anyone else. Regardless of his so-so to ? gming duties, dude has the right to speak...he does sound bitter but w/e...

Zeke better than Bird
  • south4life
    edited April 2011
    this is some real weakshyt how you only listed the falsity part of that story, here, and left the reality the truth the facts for members to go to a link and read...LOL...this is the kind of lack, of integrity, that I am constantly talking about when it comes to this forum.

Stop crying, it was a joke fool DAMN!
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited April 2011
    Isiah Thomas can tell lies and propaganda like this...
    and A.I. can't get a run?!?
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    He right though....
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    lol and these dickriders will be the first ones to suck Iverson off and go "If only he were taller". When he didn't accomplish ? . Isiah has a WINNING record against your Gods and won rings on their carcasses in their PRIME. Crown him.

18dr7s.jpg

Typical Jordan stan hypocrisy
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    that ? isiah is telling the truth

? love to act like height/physique doesn't make the biggest difference in basketball

him and sir charles got the right to be aggy lol
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I wonder what Karl Malone thinks about this:
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    he shouldn't give dude the time of day. i mean, if the mailman fought off every dog that attacked him, the mail would never get delivered. somehow that applies here.

lmao and smh
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    real talk MJ or Magic or Larry Legend could turn around and say the same ? ... it's all speculation and my ? smh at ? comparing exec careers what kind of wack ? are ya ? on