One Wish

BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
If you could have one wish granted, can be anything, what would you wish for?

I don't have a clue what I would wish for.

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    unlimited wishes of course. besides that, i'd wish for eternal peace for humanity.
  • Mr. Terrific
    Mr. Terrific Members Posts: 483
    edited March 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »
    unlimited wishes of course. besides that, i'd wish for eternal peace for humanity.

c/s. really can't beat that. not unless that wish results in everyone dying thus achieving peace. that irony clause.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i wish i was a little bit taller, i wish i was a baller, i wish i had that girl over, there i would call her...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »

im rockin with treach on this one
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    If I couldn't wish for more wishes, I'd wish for the ability to ? people however I want and to watch their death just by thinking it, or the ability to "reincarnate" as a human with all of my previous knowledge every time I die.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I wish for the gods to wake up so we can live in the utopia that we're capable of living in.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited March 2011
    Being able to snap your fingers and be anywhere instantly would be cool.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I wish Obama would go ghetto on John Behner and give him a two piece and really give him something to cry about.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    im rockin with treach on this one

lol..there u ? go with that treach ? again...
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I'd wish to be a billionaire, lol
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited April 2011
    I'm starting to wish the forum wasn't all messed up.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I'd wish for the elimination of suffering and for every sentient being to experience the maximum possible amount of happiness that the nervous system is capable of.

Edit : I do deeply hate many human beings and would murder/torture them if given the opportunity but there would be no reason not to wish for everyone's happiness if it were in my power. No one would mistreat anyone else if everyone were in a state of constant, unimaginable euphoria and love, there would no longer be a reason for me to hate anyone.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Huruma wrote: »
    I'd wish for the elimination of suffering and for every sentient being to experience the maximum possible amount of happiness that the nervous system is capable of.

Edit : I do deeply hate many human beings and would murder/torture them if given the opportunity but there would be no reason not to wish for everyone's happiness if it were in my power. No one would mistreat anyone else if everyone were in a state of constant, unimaginable euphoria and love, there would no longer be a reason for me to hate anyone.

ROFL.

Anyway, I'd wish to be the ? of my own Universe. I'd be all knowing in this universe, but I would purposely only expose my self to information I need to use. (create an exact copy of earth, etc) It would be boring to know everything. Also, I wouldn't be omnipotent.

I'd also have the ability to come back to the original universe, but I wouldn't have ? like powers. (well, I'd have unlimited knowledge, because I could also go and get knowledge from my own universe.)
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited April 2011
    Huruma says:

I'd wish for the elimination of suffering and for every sentient being to experience the maximum possible amount of happiness that the nervous system is capable of. No one would mistreat anyone else if everyone were in a state of constant, unimaginable euphoria and love, there would no longer be a reason for me to hate anyone.

We have that ability now, some of us achieve it, most of us don't. Mostly because we don't want to experience the maximum possible amount of happiness that the nervous system is capable of. So would it be fair to wish for something most people don't want right now?
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    We have that ability now, some of us achieve it, most of us don't. Mostly because we don't want to experience the maximum possible amount of happiness that the nervous system is capable of. So would it be fair to wish for something most people don't want right now?

As arrogant as it might sound, I would wish for the happiness of all sentient beings even if they 'wanted' to suffer. Happiness/suffering is the only thing that can rationally be considered to be of inherent value/dis-value. In my opinion, we think otherwise because it's almost impossible for us to disassociate the objects of our emotions with our actual emotions. People might be repelled by the idea of spending the rest of their lives in a virtual reality machine and experiencing the illusion of a perfect, happy life but it isn't living a 'lie' (the experience would be perceptually real) that is inherently bad, it's the distress that the *idea* of living a 'lie' causes that's inherently bad. The fact that pain can be an object of pleasure (and pleasure can be an object of distress) doesn't change it's inherent dis-value.

What people 'want' isn't important, not for it's own sake.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited April 2011
    I wish.... I could go anywhere instantaneously.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »
    If I couldn't wish for more wishes, I'd wish for the ability to "reincarnate" as a human with all of my previous knowledge every time I die.

This.... This exactly.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2011
    I wish Jesus could come back again. He's saved me, and hopefully, he'll save the rest of you too.

Praise his name.....Jesus. Amen.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2011
    The White Jesus, not the Black one.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited April 2011
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Wish granted.

Google map

No worries Ether, I wouldn't stalk ya too much, maybe 1-2 drive bys your house.