If you had 2 delete 1 of the following artists from hiphop history who would it be?

Options

Comments

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you mean like they life or what?
    tupac and biggie
    ? em
    they dead and ain't makin no more music
  • Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you mean like they life or what?
    tupac and biggie
    ? em
    they dead and ain't makin no more music

First post = All of there contributions, accomplishment, music, movies etc, gone!!!
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm sayin though. ya'll take away Jay-Z, then ya'll take away Ether being made and Nas ever being heard from again
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Eminem is not on list... he would be much easier choice in my opinion just because he doesn't effect the other greats
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I'm sayin though. ya'll take away Jay-Z, then ya'll take away Ether being made and Nas ever being heard from again

Nas would of most likely still made Distant Relatives without either it follows the paths of his albums... Stillmatic didn't. Nas survives
  • RaHaLLdaY
    RaHaLLdaY Members Posts: 412
    edited March 2011
    Options

Qoute worthy here folks.
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Exactly EM out of Hip Hop doesnt effect the history any... Take anybody else on that list u would be missing alot.... Thats why Em could never be the greatest he hasnt done anything special to impact Hip Hop....

Yes he has. Eminem helped make hiphop as big as it is. You still dont get it. Eminem was not on the threadstarters list to be deleted. You didnt answer the t/s question. Of course you said eminem because you hate him.

Heres what I cant understand. You want to be a rapper, but hate on someone that does what you want to do much better than you. How can you not respect the mans talent? But at the same time you strive to be as good as him and have the success he has had.

In all honestly, I think you have talent which is why this puzzles me.
  • P. Town
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Presteezh wrote: »
    Nas would of most likely still made Distant Relatives without either it follows the paths of his albums... Stillmatic didn't. Nas survives

Alright....
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RaHaLLdaY wrote: »
    Qoute worthy here folks.

Last time I checked Jay-Z needed Nas to help start his career not the other way around. Stillmatic was a boost but doesn't define him as artist he takes Crown without Jay-Z
  • BackInWhite
    edited March 2011
    Options
    First post = All of there contributions, accomplishment, music, movies etc, gone!!!

yeah, ok
    my post still stands
    tupac and biggie
    ? em
    they dead and ain't comin back
    all the ? ? praise is old ass ? that may not stand the test of time had them ? lived
    for all we know pac would be a lil b endorser right now
    hoppin on tracks with the lil ? just cuz he from the west and got a lil buzz
    ? would look at dear mama different if that was the case
  • P. Town
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you take away Pac, you gotta take away Big and vice versa. Never heard or read anything on either of them ? without the other being mentioned
  • P. Town
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Take away Kanye and Today's game is almost non-existent
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah, ok
    my post still stands
    tupac and biggie
    ? em
    they dead and ain't comin back
    all the ? ? praise is old ass ? that may not stand the test of time had them ? lived
    for all we know pac would be a lil b endorser right now
    hoppin on tracks with the lil ? just cuz he from the west and got a lil buzz
    ? would look at dear mama different if that was the case

Your favorite rappers all listened to them growing up and loved the impact they had on both coast u get rid of either one you may lose ur favorite rapper.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

yeah but Nas still woulda been a legend off Illmatic and it was wriiten alone so I dought he woulda needed Ether so Jay Z is expendible.
  • P. Town
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ya'll not taking Outkast, so don't even try it. Ya'll can delete all them other ? , long as we can keep Kast.
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Todays game is garbage though(although its improving). What if Kanye's influence hurt the game??? Im a kanye fan, but im just speculating....
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options

Y? I mean yea he has had a huge impact but there aren't really any artist he birthed other than himself. There are other great producers. I see losing him out of all the rest the only thing that keeps things as close as normal as possible.
  • BackInWhite
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Your favorite rappers all listened to them growing up and loved the impact they had on both coast u get rid of either one you may lose ur favorite rapper.

you know why they all listened to them ? ?
    cuz they ? died
    if tupac was alive wouldn't nobody be callin him no phenomenal lyricist or sayin stupid ? like
    "he was simple and basic but his passion evoked emotions from the listeners like no other"
    ? that
    he was average as ? and just yelled a lot
    if biggie was alive ? wouldn't be callin no ? with 2 albums the best rapper
    like i said
    ? both them ?
    scratch them off the history page of hip hop
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No Big you can forget Jay, without his early ties Big never would of thought of himself as best never had ? to challenge Nas... Nas would be sole earner to crown.

That corny ? has no foundation.

JayZ had the brains and hustle to get into this game without Biggie...this aint some romance novel were people can make up silly scenarios and what=if's that defy common sense and logic.

JAZ-O was JayZ's mentor and more responsible for his success than anyone else..Biggie aint have ? to do with JayZ's success.

JayZ dropped "Reasonable Doubt" on some kingpin ? there is nothing on that album that resembles "Ready to Die", not in lyrics, not in themes, not in substance.

You give Biggie waaaaay too much credit.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kanye since I don't listen to him all that much. I could live without Jay-Z and to a lesser extent Biggie too. The east coast fan in me is mostly pre-93.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and I disagrree wit these cats saying tupac cuz without him the game woulda been way soft and ? woulda probably been on Ma$e ? ,...hiphop woulda been full of rappers with no substance or street cred and they woulda had errybody (rappers and fans)tryna buy cloths resembling aluminum foil N ? ... ? outta here!
  • frozenheartwjlb
    frozenheartwjlb Members Posts: 206
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Damn props on thread. I would have to go with Biggie. I could give up his 2 albums anyday over the rest listed. I mean B.I.G really made the smallest contribution. Its kind of an easy pic. Thread would have been better if you replaced him with Eminem. Then you would have a hard choice to make.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would have to say em.
    inb4 wordsRweapons persuades me to change my vote.
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you know why they all listened to them ? ?
    cuz they ? died
    if tupac was alive wouldn't nobody be callin him no phenomenal lyricist or sayin stupid ? like
    "he was simple and basic but his passion evoked emotions from the listeners like no other"
    ? that
    he was average as ? and just yelled a lot
    if biggie was alive ? wouldn't be callin no ? with 2 albums the best rapper
    like i said
    ? both them ?
    scratch them off the history page of hip hop

? man i don't know when u started listening but I listened to both while they were alive and they were talked about just as much when they were alive. The eastcoast/westcoast beef was blown outta proportion over 2 rappers beefs while they were alive, not after they died.Your favorite rappers listened probably even choose sides when they were alive even if u didnt.
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Outkast can get deleted