YG(Toot it and Boot It) Says Tupac was not lyrical

Options
124»

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm all for an artist having an opinion but why is it that the young cats think its cool to ? on artists of the past that paved the way them (in Pac's case he died). This ? ain't been out a hot second and again, what has he put out worth mentioning?

Yes Pac might have not been lyrical like a WU-Tang or a Nas but he was a MC in all respects. See it's a big difference in being a MC where your music is influential and folks can still relate to it 10-15 yrs later as oppose to being just a rapper not an MC but just another "rapping ass ? " trying to get in the mainstream to only be a flash in the pan 4 or 5 yrs later.

I ain't watch the video but I'm sure dude is another one of these "rappin ass ? " like Corey gunz & Nikki Minajas of the rap game. Say bunch of punchlines but ain't got no substance behind none of the ? . Like BIG said don't get mad UPS is hiring.

He not even a rappin ass ? , he's jus terrible. He make Tony Yayo look like Rakim.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know Im late, I didnt even read the thread jus the title.

But dat ? YG is ? terrible and I can never even listen past the first 10 seconds of Toot it and boot it. And him or them bein on XXL freshmen list made me question XXL credibility even more so than Lil B bein on the list. ? dis ? or ? . Is YG one dude or a group? Either way fuckem, Solja Boy and Chingy>>>>YG

Dude, if you looking for the authencity of artists through these magazine publications then it won't happen. Vibe, The Source, & XXL are all some ? last magazine I bought was back in 05 when GUnit was in it's prime.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    He not even a rappin ass ? , he's jus terrible. He make Tony Yayo look like Rakim.

Lol you can't be serious I didn't think anyone can top Yayo I didn't.
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    pac was lame, im happy he s dead.

but you support a man that kisses other men, your more of a ? then i thought
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pac not lyrical, Pac lame????

smh, this is why the reason needs to be shut down, for stupid comments like this..
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    Pac not lyrical, Pac lame????

smh, this is why the reason needs to be shut down, for stupid comments like this..

• politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think ppl confuse being technical and using pubchlines and metaphors
    for being being lyrical,but alot suppused hip hop experts make the same mistake
    so i dont understand why dude is getting so much hate.

sway from mtv said the samething

but then again wordplay and metaphors are one aspect of being lyrical
    but not the only aspect