They both are cousins so who had better career? " vc or t- mac" ?

Options

Comments

• siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i agree with some of yall tho b/c t mac got a scorin title and if he wouldve kept that up he prolly will be having a ring by now!
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    intlhak wrote: »
    T Mac had the better career. I mean VC had the better highlights but T Mac was the franchise player for his squad

and what do u think Vince was for Toronto, hence his knickname Air Canada
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I gotta go wit Vince...Tmac looked like he was about to surpass him in Orlando, then he fell the ? off hell he has hardly played the last 3-4 years lol. While Vince has fell off too he has still been more steady than T-mac.

Not to mention Vince helped rebirth the dunk contest and has some of the most amazing plays in basketball history. They both underacheivers thou
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Vince Carter...cause he got out the 1st round of the playoffs...
  • stophating
    stophating Members Posts: 10
    edited April 2011
    Options
    t mac..........................
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Vince Carter accomplished more than T-mac...but people fail to remember T-Mac wasn't doing ? when he first came to the league took him several years to develop. Carter went to Toronto and made a significant difference right away. VC in his prime was a dangerous player his injuries and ? is what people usually remember about him. Go watch the series against the Knicks and see what he did to them first round 2001 playoffs and the Sixers in which the Raptors were one shot away from the ECF.
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    T Mac was the better ALL around player between the two, but Vince's career lasted longer so you gotta go wit Vince
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    they both could dunk real good.

better? Thats a hard one. I wanna say t-mac but then i gotta think about vince's game. Damn. them dudes was on the same team and could have had something. they was a big 2 and didnt even know it. damn. oh well. ? lebron.
  • Toothpik
    Toothpik Members Posts: 192
    edited April 2011
    Options
    t-mac seemed like he had potential to be the greatest , but honestly Vince had a way better career
    i was looking at this video on worldstart hip hop that showed highlights of Vince carter game winning shots for his career (toronto,nets and orlando),and i was amazed

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhUexhIu1LpqViK9oJ

i never realized that ? was clutch like that.....
    Vince also made it to the eastern conference finals

T-mac never got out the first round.......

this video alone should give it to VC....i mean ? in that vid he looks like the coldest blooded nikkuh around...+ GOAT dunker...VC>tmac all day...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Tmac the better all around player

vince had the better career
  • Knightryder
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Toothpik wrote: »
    this video alone should give it to VC....i mean ? in that vid he looks like the coldest blooded nikkuh around...+ GOAT dunker...VC>tmac all day...

finally somebody commented on that video...... i dont know how to make the video show up since its a worldstarhiphop video and not a youtube video....but any way that video shows u that carter had a great career....
  • Knightryder
    edited April 2011
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Clutch? Nah. Where was that clutchness in game 7 of the East Semi's?

dumb comment did u even watch the video

anyway can somebody make this video show up for me......dont know how to do it with worldstarhiphop videos

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

anyway can somebody make this video show up for me......dont know how to do it with worldstarhiphop videos

Cant see videos on my phone. If its highlights post 2000-2001, my comment stands....
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Vince Carter accomplished more than T-mac...but people fail to remember T-Mac wasn't doing ? when he first came to the league took him several years to develop. Carter went to Toronto and made a significant difference right away. VC in his prime was a dangerous player his injuries and ? is what people usually remember about him. Go watch the series against the Knicks and see what he did to them first round 2001 playoffs and the Sixers in which the Raptors were one shot away from the ECF.

Co-sign the bolded didn't he average close to 20 a game his rookie year?????
  • Toothpik
    Toothpik Members Posts: 192
    edited April 2011
    Options

yea no joke that video is prty sick...VC one of the most entertaining players in nba history..dude was must watch tv....
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not even close. T-mac

Vince made two all nba teams in his entire career both 3rd teams. He hasn't made one since 2001. T-mac was top 5 in Mvp voting just three years ago. He was 1st team all nba three times, 2nd team 3 times.
  • Knightryder
    edited April 2011
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Cant see videos on my phone. If its highlights post 2000-2001, my comment stands....

? its clutch shots from his entire career ,from when he came to the league in toronto all the way, to him playing on Orlando

its highlights of his game wiining shots, through toronto, nets and orlando.......

? is pretty amazing to watch if u a b-ball fan because honestly i didnt know ? was hitting game winners like that on some kobe carmelo michael jordon reggie miller ?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rakim ii wrote: »
    VC had a better career due to TM injuries,

but TM in his prime>>>>VC in his prime

basically and it's not even close. Plus vc's squad>>> andrew declerq, darrell armstrong, pat garrity, steven hunter, drew gooden and the rest of those GARBAGE ass ? he played w/ in orlando. I know he never made it out the first but he averaged 28,7, and 6 throughout the playoffs plus all the ? he played w/ in orlando aren't even in the ? league anymore. If t-mac wasn't lazy/injury prone he'd be right there with kobe to this day, but some of that blame goes on him because he NEVER had the determination in the off-season that kobe has.....
  • Knightryder
    edited April 2011
    Options
    basically and it's not even close. Plus vc's squad>>> andrew declerq, darrell armstrong, pat garrity, steven hunter, drew gooden and the rest of those GARBAGE ass ? he played w/ in orlando. I know he never made it out the first but he averaged 28,7, and 6 throughout the playoffs plus all the ? he played w/ in orlando aren't even in the ? league anymore. If t-mac wasn't lazy/injury prone he'd be right there with kobe to this day, but some of that blame goes on him because he NEVER had the determination in the off-season that kobe has.....

what about T-mac houston days when he was teamed up with yao ming....... ? had a way better team than he did in orlando and

he still couldn't get out the first round , what makes it even worst is that the year houston does get out the first round, t-mac was watching on the sidelines because he was injured

lol.....that was some sad ? , if i remember correctly i think both yao and t-mac was injured and them ? made it passed the first round
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what about T-mac houston days when he was teamed up with yao ming....... ? had a way better team than he did in orlando and

he still couldn't get out the first round , what makes it even worst is that the year houston does get out the first round, t-mac was watching on the sidelines because he was injured

lol.....that was some sad ? , if i remember correctly i think both yao and t-mac was injured and them ? made it passed the first round

Yep you're right. I know numbers aren't everything but t-mac still put up crazy good numbers in those series he had w/houston. Still, an l is an l though
  • ICE aka X
    ICE aka X Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mcgrady was a offensive threat when healthy..i love vince (unc)..but he lacked that killer attitude...tmac would of been great but he stayed injuired....
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Neither got the chance to show their full potential because of injuries but at least Carter led a team out the first round of the playoffs.
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i remember at one point i was saying T mac was better than kobe! no lie.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    werent both vince and tmac on that Toronto easter conference final team?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think T-Mac was better than Vince in his prime, but Vince kept it together a little bit better.