Katie Holmes Explains Suri's Shocking, ? Gummy Candies

Options

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's what I just said replying to Ms. Jones. I don't lie to my child, but the point is I would have never went along with it like Katie.

I digg it! :)
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I concur.
    My son might have even recognized what it was and he also knows the proper name for his genitalia. I don't lie, I also don't allow things like this.

Seemed like a perfect time to explain about the male and female anatomy...she's more concerned about what it looks like to the press, instead of doing her job as a mother, and telling her the truth...ol scaredy cat. She made it worse by trying to laugh it off.
  • raevanaa
    raevanaa Confirm Email Posts: 212
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why she carrying around a 5 yr old?

at 5, i was a ? house elf
    my sole purpose was to be get the remote and do whatever other menial tasks my mama and older siblings didn't wanna do
    wasn't nobody holding me ?
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Same reason why she let that child still suck on a pacifier....cause it's easier to treat her like a baby
    instead of teaching her the proper coping skills...
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Seemed like a perfect time to explain about the male and female anatomy...she's more concerned about what it looks like to the press, instead of doing her job as a mother, and telling her the truth...ol scaredy cat. She made it worse by trying to laugh it off.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

She probably thought her reaction was was the "proper" one but on the contrary. Thinking it's protecting or helping the child when really it has more potential to hurt her if she stays sheltering the child and just allowing it. Not enough firmness and far too much misguidance out here.
  • raevanaa
    raevanaa Confirm Email Posts: 212
    edited April 2011
    Options
    when my mama wanted me to take vitamins, she got me them good ass flintstones joints
    so i guess if you're trying to discourage sexual repression, you let your 5 year old eat candy ? ?
    weird ass ? scientologists. they killed isaac hayes
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    why the news aint eating this up???

Meh, too easy.
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I wouldnt bring my child near a place that has sexual content anyway.She shouldve had a baby sitter or caregiver to watch for the child until she finishes buying what she wants.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lol id be more concerned that shes a scientologist.... than suckign on ? gummies in this case..

nah but seriously.... wtf is wrong with her stupid ass only white woman can get away with that.. without intense scrutiny..of her absent mindeness
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lol id be more concerned that shes a scientologist.... than suckign on ? gummies in this case..

nah but seriously.... wtf is wrong with her stupid ass only white woman can get away with that.. without intense scrutiny..of her absent mindeness

i dont understand white people myself.let a black celeb mom do it,people will use racism and making jokes about it all day on tom joyner,and steve harvey show
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I cant imagine what some of ya'll gonna tell your kids if they bust in on you having sex........
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Damn, why was that candy in there. Seem like they was set up. ? shapped gummies, wtf.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Damn, why was that candy in there. Seem like they was set up. ? shapped gummies, wtf.

In where? Her hands? Set up? Her mother knew what it was and did nothing about it. Don't defend it like she couldn't have cut that quick.
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In where? Her hands? Set up? Her mother knew what it was and did nothing about it. Don't defend it like she couldn't have cut that quick.

you right,she knew exactly wtf that was

the paparazzi be on they job
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Could u imagine all the perverted candies that they have

Pixie ?

Dickers

Skeeters

S&Ms

Butternuts

lol @ BUTTerfingers. The peanut butter is on the outside and the chocolate has a low melting point.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I cant imagine what some of ya'll gonna tell your kids if they bust in on you having sex........

Close the door
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited April 2011
    Options

lmao......
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    raevanaa wrote: »
    starting her off young

#katietaughther

#ihatetats, #youlookbeautifulintheface, #tatskillattraction
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Suri waits for the Gushers version of Gummies ? ...
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hmmm. I'm not outraged or anything so this isnt really a big deal. I dont think it makes her a bad parent/person or anything.
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    hmmm. I'm not outraged or anything so this isnt really a big deal. I dont think it makes her a bad parent/person or anything.

what does it make her then?would you allow your child to eat it?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What is so hard about telling your kid to put it down? Be a damn parent...and if the kid asks why, or what for, again, be a damn PARENT. Kids will put you on Front Street all the time...? that, those little gummy ? would have be taken out of my child's possession, and if they did ask what it was , I would have told them the truth...sounds like that kid rules the house.
    that
    i agree and that's fine for a "normal" parent but 99.9% of parents don't have cameras following them around 24/7 stalking their every move...a simple camera shot can make one single event look alot worse than it really was
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can honestly say....I dont give a ? .

This is one of those things that's only a big deal if you choose to make it one.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    what does it make her then?would you allow your child to eat it?

Uh....human?

I can understand the reasoning she gave for not wanting to deny her 5 year old the candy....way too early for the sex thing, imo. If it was a boy, it'd be different--they have what the candy is, but she's a girl--she don't know about that.

To eat it? probably not. It'd be kinda weird to see my kid eating ? candy.