why the news aint eating this up???

cause shes white! *GASPS*
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I can honestly say....I dont give a ? .

This is one of those things that's only a big deal if you choose to make it one.

so youre saying,you will allow your Son/Daughter to eat candy that look like a ? ???
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jadaross do you ever stop crying about race issues and women?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    so youre saying,you will allow your Son/Daughter to eat candy that look like a ? ???

no it's that it's a situation where a child being innocent just picked up some candy and their mother decided to just take it away w/o explaining why because she didn't think their little girl was ready to hear about why they can't eat a piece of candy shaped like a ? ...it's only a big deal because she's being followed around by cameras/paparazzi all the damn time...little kids pick up ? they aren't supposed to all the time...they're kids if you put candy in front of them they won't question that ? they'll just grab it
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    no it's that it's a situation where a child being innocent just picked up some candy and their mother decided to just take it away w/o explaining why because she didn't think their little girl was ready to hear about why they can't eat a piece of candy shaped like a ? ...it's only a big deal because she's being followed around by cameras/paparazzi all the damn time...little kids pick up ? they aren't supposed to all the time...they're kids if you put candy in front of them they won't question that ? they'll just grab it

out of all the candy in the entire store,gummy ? were the only thing she has seen???oh wow
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jadaross do you ever stop crying about race issues and women?

im crying now??oh wow
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kinda tacky? Yeah. What would happen if the media didn't blow this ? up? Would anyone be harmed by it? Does that kid even know what a ? is? No!
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    out of all the candy in the entire store,gummy ? were the only thing she has seen???oh wow

it could've been the closest thing within reach...i'm sure you've seen a little kid just run and grab the first thing they walk into a room and see...or if they see something that seems familiar to them they'll just grab it...hell put a cup in front of most little kids and they'll just grab it w/o even asking what's in it and drink it...if you bring cookies around my nephew he'll walk around to every person in sight that has a cookie trying to get a piece even if he already has his own...they're kids they operate off impulse of what they want at that moment
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    it could've been the closest thing within reach...i'm sure you've seen a little kid just run and grab the first thing they walk into a room and see...or if they see something that seems familiar to them they'll just grab it...hell put a cup in front of most little kids and they'll just grab it w/o even asking what's in it and drink it...if you bring cookies around my nephew he'll walk around to every person in sight that has a cookie trying to get a piece even if he already has his own...they're kids they operate off impulse of what they want at that moment

dont even waste your time.....hes trying to subliminaly make this a race issue for the fact that this isnt "huge news because she is white".
    also he has some kind of issue with women period,so mix in the fact that shes white and a women and this isnt all over the news(cause its a very important world issue you know) and there you have it.....
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

So what they want, they must get? I can't say I care what my child always wants, if it were up to him, he'd probably bathe in chocolate. This is not a good argument, it has nothing to do with Suri, she is not the parent. In this case the celebrity parent whose every move is watched by the media and public.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Yes, exactly.
    It's really not a big deal to me at all.
    I have nieces and nephews and they're always grabbing for stuff when we go to stores.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So what they want, they must get? I can't say I care what my child always wants, if it were up to him, he'd probably bathe in chocolate. This is not a good argument, it has nothing to do with Suri, she is not the parent. In this case the celebrity parent whose every move is watched by the media and public.

No one's saying that she HAS to get the candy...I don't know about you but not every parent operates the way that you do. You bringing up that your son would like to bathe in chocolate is not a good argument. Did you tell him that he could bathe in chocolate? Probably not...so it's understandable that you won't allow him to.

Did Katie tell Suri she could pick out whatever candy she wanted? Probably so.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ya'll really trying to have a civil convo about gummies penises. The idea alone seems to be mental. This really is like ? type ? , I don't need to see it twice to know that this ain't right.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited April 2011
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    No one's saying that she HAS to get the candy...I don't know about you but not every parent operates the way that you do. You bringing up that your son would like to bathe in chocolate is not a good argument. Did you tell him that he could bathe in chocolate? Probably not...so it's understandable that you won't allow him to.

Did Katie tell Suri she could pick out whatever candy she wanted? Probably so.

The point that Black brought up has been mentioned a few times in this thread "Suri is just 5, she is a kid" and I don't know why, that is a given. No one was coming at the child like "She should know better." That would be foolish.
    While I feel there should be a balance and meeting your kids half way is important, I am well aware that not everyone has the same ways of parenting, I don't believe I made it seem like there is only one way or the highway. Doesn't mean others can't have their own opinion. She is not my child but she knows the territory which comes with her lifestyle, as long as she does, it shouldn't be anyone elses concern. Doesn't mean things like this won't be published and later brought up in interviews and discussions.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yall act like we watched that kid eat a whole bag o ? .... theres 4 pics... that could have been taken in 3 seconds.... they dont tell the whole story lol...
    in my head it goes like this...

the kid picks its up..mommy can i have this?
    *Katie looks at candy*
    oh ? ? candy!!! lol
    *puts candy back*

theres really not much more to it than that...
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited April 2011
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    yall act like we watched that kid eat a whole bag o ? .... theres 4 pics... that could have been taken in 3 seconds.... they dont tell the whole story lol...
    in my head it goes like this...

the kid picks its up..mommy can i have this?
    *Katie looks at candy*
    oh ? ? candy!!! lol
    *puts candy back*

theres really not much more to it than that...

That is the medias job. How many times do we hear about everyone and their mama being pregnant? Married? Dating?
    I think I heard of mariah Carey being pregnant 101 times prior to her actually being pregnant.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The point that Black brought up has been mentioned a few times in this thread "Suri is just 5, she is a kid" and I don't know why, that is a given. No one was coming at the child like "She should know better." That would be foolish.
    While I feel there should be a balance and meeting your kids half way is important, I am well aware that not everyone has the same ways of parenting, I don't believe I made it seem like there is only one way or the highway. Doesn't mean others can't have their own opinion. She is not my child but she knows the territory which comes with her lifestyle, as long as she does, it shouldn't be anyone elses concern. Doesn't mean things like this won't be published and later brought up in interviews and discussions.

I think that point has been brought up so many times because it just lets you know how silly it is for people to be so upset over this "issue". It's showing the true innocence of the whole situation.

Anyway, my original quote was to your line of "So, what she wants, she must get?" and "I'm not always worried about my child's wants."
    I was just saying that we don't know what kind of arrangement/agreement/understanding they had as to the candy she would get. So it's not about giving the child EVERYTHING he/she wants, but if you agreed to do something--that's totally different. So, your comment about your child's wants made it seem like she should just tell her child "no" and tell her what she needs or something.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think that point has been brought up so many times because it just lets you know how silly it is for people to be so upset over this "issue". It's "

Anyway, my original quote was to your line of "So, what she wants, she must get?" and "I'm not always worried about my child's wants."
    I was just saying that we don't know what kind of arrangement/agreement/understanding they had as to the candy she would get. So it's not about giving the child EVERYTHING he/she wants, but if you agreed to do something--that's totally different. So, your comment about your child's wants made it seem like she should just tell her child "no" and tell her what she needs or something.

Yeah I got that, no "conspiracy" behind that.

Oh no, not at all. Giving your child options and allowing them to make their own choices, even at such a young age, is really important. Give them that room to grow and learn without always dictating what they should want. Let them form their own opinion and be there for guidance and support. Hopefully the essentials that you teach and instill in them comes to shine through. Which doesn't mean they are wrong if for example they pick out the "Cars" book when you really wanted them to choose a more "educational" book (mind you, Cars has some really good life lessons in some of their books so that was just an example). That is silly when parents do that. They basically work against their child developing their own identity.

I think being "strict" and firm in certain is aspects while lenient in others is important, balance is necessary. A child can't always hear you saying "No" to any and everything.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    What is so hard about telling your kid to put it down? Be a damn parent...and if the kid asks why, or what for, again, be a damn PARENT. Kids will put you on Front Street all the time...? that, those little gummy ? would have be taken out of my child's possession, and if they did ask what it was , I would have told them the truth...sounds like that kid rules the house.

typical white household to me..........
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    CHildren dont develope sexual desires as far as wanting to go through with it til around 11. And those who do were likely already molested. But natural sexual development starts around 11 years old. She's freaking FIVE.

Like I said, this is only a big deal if you want to make it one. U think that little girl slowly sucked the candy and moaned as she swallowed? NO, she saw some candy and wanted some so she grabbed the box.

Its only a big deal cuz ppl are making it one.
  • a.mann
    edited April 2011
    Options

that's the problem with alot kids these days....so ? spoiled...

? all that negotiating and abitration, with a damn baby

Momma said I can't have it ...THAT'S IT.

No reason given will be satisfy they want of it.
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the whole question is,why would she bring her child in a place that sell that type of ? ???
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the whole question is,why would she bring her child in a place that sell that type of ? ???

She said it was a store geared towards children.
  • a.mann
    edited April 2011
    Options
    and a BIG HELL NO

my kid is not eating any candy looking like a sexual organs

and I don't care whether they know what it is or not.......I do.

Why?

well it's this thing called ....... "principles". I can't properly articulate it here.

You either got 'em or you dont.
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    She said it was a store geared towards children.

are u sure it was a store geared towards children???ok if you say so this must be a ? store

a store geared towards children with gummy ?

lol i heard it all now